Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
Advertisement
We really need to recruit LBs. The staff most feel good about those juniors not turning pro. I would like to know whats going on with Gordon.

Man if Richt promoted Banda & Patke & these kids commit somewhere else that’d be a nightmare 🤦🏽‍♂️

Well.....all the Richt worshipers insisted that by promoting Banda & Patke recruiting would be saved.
So we should expect these kids to sign with us on Wednesday.
But yes if we denied ourselves the chance to hire the best DC available nationwide by promoting Banda & Patke in a short sighted attempt to save a recruiting class that was fvcked anyway....then yes that’s the stuff of nightmares.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think I'm at the point where I'd take a recruiter over an X and Os coach. With the talent in SFL you can out talent a lot of teams. Richt isn't a hungry enough recruiter like a Saban or Urban. You get a leader of men who's a dawg on the recruiting trail that surrounds himself with up and coming coordinators, and you can win championships here.

Advertisement
Serious question. Do have faith that the Canes will ever lock down SFL? And i dont mean get everyone because its impossible. Im talking about atleast locking down the the #1 prospect every year in SFL and getting %75 of the other top prospects down here.
Nothing revelatory here, but it is fairly simple math - if we win 10 games or more, we get to keep a good chunk of the talent. If we win less than 10 games, it's this crap.

Nothing revelatory here, but it is fairly simple math - if we win 10 games or more, we get to keep a good chunk of the talent. If we win less than 10 games, it's this crap.
We won less than 10 games multiple years before this season, our recruiting has never been THIS bad. And it’s scary considering early signing period is 2 days away and does anyone truly have confidence this staff will close well?

Jay W. - Was planning to sign early, but pushed it back to February so that he could take all OVs. Just came off one to LSU. The vibe I received was that UM is too late to the party (as usual), they contacted him yesterday.

Got ya but we won 10 last year. We shouldve kept atleast 1 of Jobe, Campbell and Surtain. Thats what I meant by locking down SFL. Not gonna get all 3 of the top DBs but you should get atleast 1 of the 3 and not lose 2 too Bama.

Advertisement
If Richt wasn’t such a scared old man he could have hired Cory Raymond as DC and recruiting would not be an issue going forward.

I dont believe that there is a coach out there that Richt could hire that could save this class. This recruiting class and all these decomittments is because of Richt not Manny leaving. Ask yourself if Venables left Clemson would they have this problem? No because kids believe in Dabo same with Smart at Uga. Tucker is leaving but are they losing recruits?

100. What were people really expecting? Did y’all really think we were going to land these big fish? This class will end up around 20-25 with a few ballers. Still enough to win the coastal. Mark Richts job is on the line next year.
Incorrect. It is highly Richt is coaching for his job next year.

Advertisement
Dunmore really fell in rankings didn’t he? About a year ago I remember seeing him and thinking Julio Jones.

Advertisement
Back