Monday Media: Mario, Gattis and Steele

Were you a man in a past life? Certainly aren't one now.
Really? We are discussing football. What part of my post compelled you to hurl an unnecessary personal insult that added nothing to the discussion? How old are you?

Next, what part of being accountable, responsible, and professional and not accepting a victim or woe-is-me mentality is not manly? Please enlighten me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think he should be saying publicly that the wide receiver room is a challenge. Instead, I think he needs to be accountable and responsible and say that he and the rest of the offensive staff have to be better with schemes and game plans and the sort so that they are put in a better position to succeed.
Most of your points are fair but no coach will publicly admit their “scheme” is a problem. You’re a little naive there. At the end, actions speak louder than words. Golden said “it’s on me” so much he should trademark it. Let’s see how and if they adjust things.

this the full quote on “challenges”. People doing too much per usual

Gattis on the depth of the wide receiver room: “The challenge for us is we only have so many guys. We have six guys playing and that is all we have. You look at it and it is a very thin scholarship situation. I don’t know any school in the country that has this limited a wide receiver situation available to them.”

Advertisement

Well Done Reaction GIF

Most of your points are fair but no coach will publicly admit their “scheme” is a problem. You’re a little naive there. At the end, actions speak louder than words. Golden said “it’s on me” so much he should trademark it. Let’s see how and if they adjust things.
Sure. But you get my drift. Coach needs to take responsibility. A thinly-veiled suggestion that your players aren’t good enough is disappointing. He’s being compensated to get that group to perform.

Advertisement
I’m ok with coach speak tbh. But I get your point.

I’m okay with him calling out the dropped passes and saying they’re inexcusable— because they are and everyone knows it—but saying we’re challenged at that position group makes it sound like you don’t believe in the guys you have.

The difference being you are criticizing the action of dropping the passes versus saying you can’t win with these cats

You feel me?
I know what you're saying, I'm just saying that whichever way he comments it's going to **** someone off. If he says "it's impossible to make chicken salad with chicken****", is that better than " this chicken**** doesn't taste very good, but I'm working on it"? Until he gets receivers that can catch, I don't care how good of an OC he is, the offense will be chicken****.

I know what you're saying, I'm just saying that whichever way he comments it's going to **** someone off. If he says "it's impossible to make chicken salad with chicken****", is that better than " this chicken**** doesn't taste very good, but I'm working on it"? Until he gets receivers that can catch, I don't care how good of an OC he is, the offense will be chicken****.
You're right about that lol! Can't say something that'll please everyone

Advertisement
I want to say that this isn't a shot at Gattis but it's hard not to take that quote at face value.

I don't think it's a shot by Steele. He's more professional than that. But I do think we should try that approach offensively. What would it hurt?

not sure what accomplishes less

Gattis Red Zone play calls or over analyzing a bunch of coach speak BS

Advertisement
Back