Monday Media: Mario, Gattis and Steele

Advertisement
6 WRs means that Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton either vanished from campus or are otherwise unavailable.

Does anyone have an update on Horton?
This may come as a surprise but 85 players don't travel. Could just mean on the travel roster.

What do you expect him to say publicly? His WR’s suck balls? He is saying that without saying it. Plus, he’s not lying.

Now, my beef with Gaddis is, if you did your HW, you would have realized the lack of talent and depth we have at WR, then why didn’t you pursue other WR’s in January and February?
I don’t think he should be saying publicly that the wide receiver room is a challenge. Instead, I think he needs to be accountable and responsible and say that he and the rest of the offensive staff have to be better with schemes and game plans and the sort so that they are put in a better position to succeed.

Let's me clear here for the record. The are NUMEROUS college teams that make their rosters work on the field with 2 and 3 star players. They can, field, and run the ball. After listening to Gattis my conclusion is he is a man of poor football character. He is one of the main reasons we lost and he sounds like a CHARLATAN. Make it work GATTIS because that's your job! What are joker.
I agree man
but hes just following the ABCD of success in america
Accuse
Blame
Cheat
Deny/Deflect

weve seen numerous coaches and ppl do this here

Per my Michigan buddy, WR development and red zone scoring were the two biggest complaints about of Gattis while at Michigan.

They weren’t really sad to see him go

disappointed oh no GIF

Advertisement
It's absolutely valid to point out that we only have 6 WRs on scholarship right now. That's an insane stat and a major personnel limitation. On the other hand, if you're a recruit, want a chance at immediate playing time, and want to play in an O with a good QB and OL, the opportunity is here. Stack talent, and we win. If we put together 3 straight top ten classes (which is the expectation under Mario), we will be a consistent top ten team.

@Mr. Dynasty1 @brock It might be the truth but it's a bad look for a coach to throw college kids under the bus. It's his job to extract as much as he can from them. Thus far, he's not doing it. And how are these kids going to buy in when coach is throwing you under the bus? You got to be a little more political and careful about what you say.
Criticize in private and praise in public. I feel this is a pretty well known foundation of effective leadership

6 WRs means that Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton either vanished from campus or are otherwise unavailable.

Does anyone have an update on Horton?
He was at the game yesterday and I saw him at the hotel prior.... Looked big and seemed healthy.

Side note that messidor had a boot on his foot... was happy to see he was able to play.

Advertisement
Then he would have been accused of "coach speak" by the CIS faithful. Damned if you do...

I’m ok with coach speak tbh. But I get your point.

I’m okay with him calling out the dropped passes and saying they’re inexcusable— because they are and everyone knows it—but saying we’re challenged at that position group makes it sound like you don’t believe in the guys you have.

The difference being you are criticizing the action of dropping the passes versus saying you can’t win with these cats

You feel me?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s not sugarcoating it’s the truth. That’s the problem with people in this world, want to live in a factious reality like their sh*t don’t stank. And in that same vein he said he has to continue to push and develop guys

Guy is literally saying everything everyone on this board has been saying all offseason and it's controversial suddenly.

Two thing can be true:

1. Gattis called an unimaginative game.

2. There was no need for him to get creative or fancy bc 90% of what he was calling would have worked if we simply executed on the most basic of levels.

Bashing a former employer isn't ever a good look. It's not professional. And in a world where coaches preach to players about owning up to your mistakes and doing your job and not making excuses, I wasn't a fan of that alleged text.
Congrats. There are a ****load of employers who treat you like crap and deserve to be called out for it.

I would not be surprised if the University of Michigan functions in the exact same way.

[Gossip gossip gossip]
Alright, can we stop with this? I was already annoyed at this with the whole Harsin story and him allegedly [stuff].

Whats the value of spreading this rumor? Someone explain it to me. You're going to **** up another persons life in the worst case, in this case two if you count the recruit and all you do is try to put a bad rep on a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back