monarch kids update...ridley bros and sbb

So Miami has to offer their buddy to land both of them....

However Bama did not have to offer him.....

Interesting

Bama has won a few championships in the last ten years? Maybe this plays a factor why almost every kid wants to play for bama.

Not the point I was trying to make there... I wish the canes would offer Hoggins I think he's a good prospect. Just my opinion though

Who's to say you only get Hoggins and the other two don't come

That's exactly why I don think they are all a package deal. A lot of people have said offer him and you'll get the other 2. Well if that's the case then why did they commit to Bama without him?

I still think Hoggins is a good prospect. I'd rather take him over some other projects we may take at the end.

Advertisement
Not expecting those two at all. I've moved on TBH.

323.gif
I would watch those words with us having a good season. These kids were very close to pulling the trigger here. I already spoke about this before. Remember Artie was once committed there and Deon was very close to going there and we are far away from signing day. Both of them do like the U. It is far from over.

Would especially watch out with Calvin.

Deon Bush was close to going to Bama?

Talked to my guy at monarch today. He still swears UM would get a package deal of all 3 guys if we offered their boy (cb ronnie). As it stands right now with Ronnie not having an offer, SBB loves Bama. We still have a legit shot with Calvin, whose grades are jot nearly as bad as reported. My guy told me that he doesn't see Cavin going anywhere but UM as of right now. They are concerned about UM's qb situation and the Ridley bros really don't like the situation at Bama and their history with putting wr's in the league. They will all b checking out UM during the season and have said a strong year with good young qb play would be huge to getting all 3.

They don't like our QB situation with Kaaya and the kid from Tampa committed? Also they don't like Bama's WR history? Julio is a beast, Norwood got drafted and Amari is a future first rounder.

Advertisement
the qb situation is silly bc there may be even more question marks for bama's future qb. but you can't deny historically UM has put better wr product in the nfl. Julio is that rare type of athlete that would of been a top pick regardless of what school he went to, Norwood was previously thought to go higher in the draft then where he was ultimatly picked and don't be surprised is Amari's draft stock falls before the next draft. i personally think he did not play as well as projected this past year.
Talked to my guy at monarch today. He still swears UM would get a package deal of all 3 guys if we offered their boy (cb ronnie). As it stands right now with Ronnie not having an offer, SBB loves Bama. We still have a legit shot with Calvin, whose grades are jot nearly as bad as reported. My guy told me that he doesn't see Cavin going anywhere but UM as of right now. They are concerned about UM's qb situation and the Ridley bros really don't like the situation at Bama and their history with putting wr's in the league. They will all b checking out UM during the season and have said a strong year with good young qb play would be huge to getting all 3.

They don't like our QB situation with Kaaya and the kid from Tampa committed? Also they don't like Bama's WR history? Julio is a beast, Norwood got drafted and Amari is a future first rounder.

323.gif
I would watch those words with us having a good season. These kids were very close to pulling the trigger here. I already spoke about this before. Remember Artie was once committed there and Deon was very close to going there and we are far away from signing day. Both of them do like the U. It is far from over.

511.jpg

^^^^ No....can't spot a duffle bag under the Christmas tree.

Advertisement

323.gif

511.jpg

^^^^ No....can't spot a duffle bag under the Christmas tree.
Looks like he's being held captive.

The Ridley bros don't like the tendency Bama has of having 1 wide receiver that has good numbers and a steady diet of running the ball. They like how Miami spreads the ball around. With their size (legit 6'2" already 205) they are focusing on putting themselves in the best position to shine and get drafted after 3 years. Kaaya/Olsen and our newest qb commits are exciting, but let's be honest, none of them are a sure thing or have shown anything at this level. If kaaya starts this year and looks good, that is a different story. Realistically if we offer Ronnie, we have a great shot at 4 other top d1 athletes. They have a 2017 wr that is ridiculous also. Forgot his name but my guy said when he huts his senior year he will be rated higher than Calvin and Cavin. They are all hearing from OSU also. Right now urban, Bama, Tenn and uif are all saying the right things to these kids. But they love UM.

The Ridley bros don't like the tendency Bama has of having 1 wide receiver that has good numbers and a steady diet of running the ball. They like how Miami spreads the ball around. With their size (legit 6'2" already 205) they are focusing on putting themselves in the best position to shine and get drafted after 3 years. Kaaya/Olsen and our newest qb commits are exciting, but let's be honest, none of them are a sure thing or have shown anything at this level. If kaaya starts this year and looks good, that is a different story. Realistically if we offer Ronnie, we have a great shot at 4 other top d1 athletes. They have a 2017 wr that is ridiculous also. Forgot his name but my guy said when he huts his senior year he will be rated higher than Calvin and Cavin. They are all hearing from OSU also. Right now urban, Bama, Tenn and uif are all saying the right things to these kids. But they love UM.

The monarch kids do love the U. And hometown pressure sets in and family. I just don't see how these kids could go out of state. If our season is good and we show promising qb play. These kids should come. I just don't see them going to Bama. I honestly don't see it. Far away from home. Bama has the championships going for them. But is that offense really what the Ridleys and Becker want to go to. I know Becker wants to try to play offense too. They would be better prepared for nfl in our offense. I could see it defensively. I don't see it offensively for them.

I can see a runningback would like to go there. But it's not exactly a pass happy offense. They would get more opportunities. 4-5 of our receivers every year get a good chunk of the catches their way.

Good example is like Gibson. He would be on our train right now if we played a spread. See Gibson going to like auburn or Tennessee.

Sometimes some of these kids decisions go down to a teams tendencies and schemes. If our defense does improve this year by a good amount, I could see it being even more likely we get the monarch kids. Cause Becker plays safety as well.

Would be big blows to the 2015 class if we can't reel them in. And for '16 and '17.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The monarch kids do love the U. And hometown pressure sets in and family. I just don't see how these kids could go out of state. If our season is good and we show promising qb play. These kids should come. I just don't see them going to Bama. I honestly don't see it. Far away from home. Bama has the championships going for them. But is that offense really what the Ridleys and Becker want to go to. I know Becker wants to try to play offense too. They would be better prepared for nfl in our offense. I could see it defensively. I don't see it offensively for them.

I can see a runningback would like to go there. But it's not exactly a pass happy offense. They would get more opportunities. 4-5 of our receivers every year get a good chunk of the catches their way.

Pretty much spot on...I have been told SBB is pretty sold on playing safety at Bama. Makes the most sense out of all the possibilities.

323.gif

Yes and I went to school with him and I know for a fact he really liked bama and even went as far as telling a couple kids on the football team that he was going to Bama.

Dude just shared what he was told regarding our chances of flipping SBB and Ridley. If we offered their homeboy, who is pretty solid from what I'm told, then I'd be cool with it. SBB and Ridley would have to unequivocally guarantee they will sign. Otherwise I've moved on too because the NFL drafts the best players no matter what team they are on.

Advertisement

323.gif

Yes and I went to school with him and I know for a fact he really liked bama and even went as far as telling a couple kids on the football team that he was going to Bama.

Interesting. He had Auburn people thinking that he was heading to Auburn. I know at one point Auburn felt REALLY good about landing him. I don't really remember hearing that about Bama.

Last edited:
SBB and Calvin are long gone, IMO. I just get the vibe that they are kids that want to get out of South FL for college from everything I read. Unfortunate, because they are very talented. But this is still South FL and there are plenty of talented players available, especially next year at WR.

SBB and Calvin are long gone, IMO. I just get the vibe that they are kids that want to get out of South FL for college from everything I read. Unfortunate, because they are very talented. But this is still South FL and there are plenty of talented players available, especially next year at WR.

I'd like to know why everyone was saying they were UM locks to start with. **** was so disappointing.

Advertisement
Back