Mohamed Berry update

Not sure the staff wanted him too bad, I think we were the only school that did not visit him this week and Barry told a reporter he was going to Miami until Nebraska came for their in-home visit with 5 coaches, they wanted him more it seems.

I would believe it if we had any other LB's considering Miami.

True, but we have 10 lb's already how many do most schools carry?

Most of those guys are Hybrid DE/LB types not true LB's.

Advertisement
Every time someone don't pick us he wasn't in the picture give me a break.

Last edited:
We are inviting LB for the heck of it. Lol we thought the white kid from NJ was leaving us or something?

Last edited:
Advertisement
They offered Barry and Brightwell at roughly the same time, right? It was mentioned in The Work that the staff viewed both of them as higher priorities than Talan, which explained why they didn't offer the local player most of us preferred. But then why waste time recruiting them at all and hosting them for OVs if they weren't in the picture (Barry) or given a committable offer (Brightwell)?

There's no other LB we're seemingly pursuing, even though we're only adding Perry (stud) and Gordinier (slow DE/OLB tweener) despite a glaring lack of depth at the position.

It's so strange...

So the last two LBs that visited here were guys Miami didn't really want? We just handed out trips like we're make-a-wish?

At some point you gotta realize when you're being used to get out a message.

Advertisement
Not sure the staff wanted him too bad, I think we were the only school that did not visit him this week and Barry told a reporter he was going to Miami until Nebraska came for their in-home visit with 5 coaches, they wanted him more it seems.

The 10 I was counting were Kirby, McCord, Grace, Owens, Young, Gayot, McCray, Smith, Perry, Gordinier all of them are labeled as either mike, will or Sam I wasn't counting the jack's like Muhammad, Harris or Jackson

It seems like the coaches are done with LB recruiting??? Are the f^cking serious!!!!!!! Stop being stupid and offer talamd archer and recruit the f^ck out of them

They offered Barry and Brightwell at roughly the same time, right? It was mentioned in The Work that the staff viewed both of them as higher priorities than Talan, which explained why they didn't offer the local player most of us preferred. But then why waste time recruiting them at all and hosting them for OVs if they weren't in the picture (Barry) or given a committable offer (Brightwell)?

There's no other LB we're seemingly pursuing, even though we're only adding Perry (stud) and Gordinier (slow DE/OLB tweener) despite a glaring lack of depth at the position.

It's so strange...

How many backs do we really need though?...

We have
1.Kirby
2.Grace
3.Owens
4,Young
5,Smith
6,McCray
7,Perry
8,Gordinier
9.McCord is rumored to be playing Sam linebacker as well
10. Gayot
It's not a pressing need as everyone say it is. This is very telling how the staff feels about the 2016 linebacker class imo... They are extremely confident in their abilities

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only way any of this makes sense is if Houston is coming, which isn't happening, which means they're just ******* stupid like we all knew.

The 10 I was counting were Kirby, McCord, Grace, Owens, Young, Gayot, McCray, Smith, Perry, Gordinier all of them are labeled as either mike, will or Sam I wasn't counting the jack's like Muhammad, Harris or Jackson

Mike Smith is a pass rusher till proven otherwise. So is McCord. Not good in space. Gordinier is already bigger than Chickillo was before they asked Chick to put on weight before he got to Miami. He is gonna be a DE. There are seven true LBs on the roster which includes a kid who played safety last year and a true freshman in Perry. Bringing in only Perry and then lying about Brightwell and Barry is disgusting

Last edited:
HE PICKED RILEY BECAUSE HE READ HIS BABY SIS A BED TIME STORY?

GOLDEN SHOULD HAVE TALKED ABOUT HIS PILLARS

Advertisement
At least we are losing out on a much lower class of recruits this year. Doesn't hurt as much as losing the studs Al use to lose. Kind of like an ugly girl turning you down -- do you really care? So at this point it is clear the 2016 kids see something we and the 2015 kids don't. Has Butch signed contract is the dark and is out there tipping off 2016? Or are they just certain Al is gone after this year and next coach HAS to be better?

It's so strange...

We have
1.Kirby
2.Grace
3.Owens
4,Young
5,Smith
6,McCray
7,Perry
8,Gordinier
10. Gayot
It's not a pressing need as everyone say it is. This is very telling how the staff feels about the 2016 linebacker class imo... They are extremely confident in their abilities

Dang, I am glad you point out that the staff is confident in those players abilities. Now, if the staff was just frigging COMPETENT enough to make that assessment, you would have provided something useful. But if 4 years have taught us anything, it is that Al & Co are not COMPETENT in any way, shape, or form. They are bigger frauds and scam artist that Nevin. Clearly the real reason the ncaa let us off so easy was that Donna had already flicked the switch on the death penalty.

It's so strange...

We have
1.Kirby
2.Grace
3.Owens
4,Young
5,Smith
6,McCray
7,Perry
8,Gordinier
10. Gayot

I have serious doubt how McCray and Smith are going to fit into this defense. They were both better in HS rushing the passer then playing space. That is why the McCord rumor is scary. In a normal 3-4 D the idea of AQM and McCord opposite of each other would be very intriguing but not in our scheme. The thought of McCord roaming in space doesn't give me a warm feeling.

True 3 down LBs we have Kirby, Grace, Owens, Young, Perry. If Gayot can transition then him too. That isn't a lot of depth at all. If we have an injury or two to the Kirby, Grace, Owens, Young (who we know nothing about) group, it could get really ugly.

Advertisement
Back