MLB draft

Advertisement
You are a buffoon. "Earliest application deadline" and "when scholarships are decided and/or given out" are two different time periods. You, quite literally, know nothing. If you honestly believe that UM doesn't start giving out academic scholarships until November or December, then you are precisely as dumb as I think you are.

I was in President's 100 for my entire time at UM (I'm sure that a Gaytor like you doesn't know what that is). I know exactly how UM Admissions works, as well as the scholarship selection timelines. ****, my niece just applied this past year for Fall 2019 admission (she is a National Merit finalist and graduated from one of the best public HS's in Florida), so I'm very familiar with how things work at UM.

But, hey, thanks for condescending, as per usual.

Could you please admit that you learned that baseball players don’t come through AFTER regular students? That they make their decisions as sophomores and juniors? I need to feel as though I made some progress.

Advertisement
Wasn't Mixon awful this year, especially towards the end? Or am I getting confused with Maury Jr.?

Good thing we have 8 pitchers likely coming in. Losing potentially 3 guys and need to revamp the pen.

Advertisement
Let’s do this. You tell me how many sophomores and juniors you are working with at this moment when it comes to baseball and college admissions. When you concede that your number is zero, then I can continue to educate you on the process.

College coaches have to know that their recruits can get into school. They run young athletes through the process all the time.

It’s funny how you admit that your niece just applied this past year. UM’s baseball class of 2019 was on the radar of the admissions office 2+ years ago.

Keep sending your questions. I’m happy to help.

Jagr is correct. I've worked with players in the area a lot in the past and my little brother was a recruited baseball player. Prior to grad school I thought I might go the scout route and worked in the summer leagues with the placement of players for both college and pro baseball (have a kid as an up-and-down major leaguer and I'm sure you can guess what school he went to).

The transcripts and admissions questions are generally answered prior to the commitment being accepted since college baseball is very different from other sports in that there is an unspoken agreement not to recruit committed players in that sport. Coaches get a bad rep very quickly if they're caught actively recruiting committed players in college baseball. It's why you almost always see a kid decommit if he's thinking about other schools and wants to have open communication.

Blast from the past selection: Keven Pimentel just went to the Rockies in the 28th Round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s do this. You tell me how many sophomores and juniors you are working with at this moment when it comes to baseball and college admissions. When you concede that your number is zero, then I can continue to educate you on the process.

College coaches have to know that their recruits can get into school. They run young athletes through the process all the time.

It’s funny how you admit that your niece just applied this past year. UM’s baseball class of 2019 was on the radar of the admissions office 2+ years ago.

Keep sending your questions. I’m happy to help.

Again, you are a buffoon.

"Admissions" and "Scholarships" are two different things. Nobody is talking about "knowing that their recruits can get into school". Oh, except you, who misses the point, AS ALWAYS.

"On the radar of the admissions office 2+ years ago". Yeah, why don't you spit some more nonsense. ANYONE can ask for information, but if you actually think that the Admissions Office actually WORKS ON or PROCESSES applicants more than a year in advance, you are confirming your buffoon status.

Anyone can inquire, anyone can ask about whether certain HS classes will be acceptable, anyone can work with the Athletic Department to get clarification on academic status, but the ADMISSIONS OFFICE does not accept or work on applications 2 years in advance, and SCHOLARSHIPS are decided by a different batch of individuals.

Again, this is how you desperately try to pontificate and filibuster. I CLEARLY spoke of the scholarship-award process, while over and over and over again you try to change the subject back to admissions.

You are wrong. You will never admit that you are wrong, but you are dead wrong.

Guess who gets scholarships. Kids who have been admitted. Weird, I know.

So you are confusing "timeline" and "job responsibility". Keep up the buffoonery.

"Admissions" and "Scholarships" are still two different things. Handled by two different sets of people at UM.

There is a zero-point-zero probability that you will admit that you are wrong. But you are, indeed, wrong.

Not Lance. But I would guess that Veliz and Mixon will sign. Gino might even want to push Mixon out, wouldn't surprise me
I'm not sure who will sign besides McKendry. Veliz and Amdidas have 2 years of eligibility remaining. I'd think both could improve their draft stock next year especially given we have a team that will likely get to Omaha next year. Mixon probably goes because I don't see him improving his draft stock.

Didn't realize Veliz was a Junior. I thought he was a Redshirt Sophomore. He only pitched in 5 games in 2018 due to injury. I would have thought he'd be granted a medical redshirt. He's more than likely going to sign.

Advertisement
Back