MLB draft

Advertisement
20 Rounds complete. We are at the point where I would find it hard to believe that Amditis leaves with two more years of eligibility. I can't remember us returning our entire starting batting order.

Let's hope the sophomore jinx doesn't hit this year's freshmen and we avoid injuries next year. If so, this roster should have no problem scoring runs.

For those complaining about how we did this past season....we've had 2 players drafted in the first 20 rounds. 2.

As a point of comparison, in 2008, we had 3 players drafted in the first 28 picks.

So obviously Lugo and Evan are gone, Veliz you guys are saying is gone I’m holding out hope lol. This is big tho. All our other top notch high school commits will be on campus and Van Belle and the other draft eligible players are likely coming back.

For those complaining about how we did this past season....we've had 2 players drafted in the first 20 rounds. 2.

As a point of comparison, in 2008, we had 3 players drafted in the first 28 picks.

And we bunted ourselves right out of the CWS. Still sickens me.

Advertisement
Amditis to the Indians- Round 21 Pick 640. It's certainly an interesting decision although I would think it would tip towards staying this late.

Amditis to the Indians- Round 21 Pick 640. It's certainly an interesting decision although I would think it would tip towards staying this late.

For the record, one of my best friends (pre-college) is the head "Analytics" guy for the Indians. I'll have to ask him about Amditis.

When he was still a computer guy, and before he took the Cleveland job, he used to write for the Baseball Prospectus. Wrote a whole article on the correlation between a catcher's abilities and the ERA of pitchers.

Good news is that Cleveland's top catching prospect is also considered the best prospect in baseball at C.

Advertisement
I think, in this case, it all comes down to whether he just wants to get his pro career started.

I agree, but if I recall, Amditis was highly touted coming out of HS and I remember him going yard at Wrigley in a HS All Star game. He can do much better next year with a strong year offensively and working on his throws in the off season.

Attachments

• MLB draft 15th round.PNG
    MLB draft 15th round.PNG
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
I agree, but if I recall, Amditis was highly touted coming out of HS and I remember him going yard at Wrigley in a HS All Star game. He can do much better next year with a strong year offensively and working on his throws in the off season.

With his injury history I could see him leaving. Hope he stays.

Advertisement
8 pitchers coming in and 2 catcher plus Del is a catcher but idk if they will keep him at DH or OF.

Amditis is gonna come back. He can be a lot better than he has been so far in his career. I think just showing he can stay on the field all year again will help him as well. Imo he can move up around that 15ish round.

Advertisement
You are a buffoon. "Earliest application deadline" and "when scholarships are decided and/or given out" are two different time periods. You, quite literally, know nothing. If you honestly believe that UM doesn't start giving out academic scholarships until November or December, then you are precisely as dumb as I think you are.

I was in President's 100 for my entire time at UM (I'm sure that a Gaytor like you doesn't know what that is). I know exactly how UM Admissions works, as well as the scholarship selection timelines. ****, my niece just applied this past year for Fall 2019 admission (she is a National Merit finalist and graduated from one of the best public HS's in Florida), so I'm very familiar with how things work at UM.

But, hey, thanks for condescending, as per usual.

Let’s do this. You tell me how many sophomores and juniors you are working with at this moment when it comes to baseball and college admissions. When you concede that your number is zero, then I can continue to educate you on the process.

College coaches have to know that their recruits can get into school. They run young athletes through the process all the time.

It’s funny how you admit that your niece just applied this past year. UM’s baseball class of 2019 was on the radar of the admissions office 2+ years ago.

Keep sending your questions. I’m happy to help.

Advertisement
Back