MLB draft

Advertisement
Players who are good enough to play at Miami make their decision well before it’s time to hand out academic scholarships. ****, we already know almost the whole 2020 recruiting class, and the earliest application deadline is November 1, 2019. Athletes know they are going to Miami before regular students do.

The problem with your condescension is that I easily refute your points with just a few basic facts. Did you really think that our baseball players decide later than regular students? I mean, you’re literally 180 degrees incorrect. And I can show you the list that proves it.
Do you have a good thing to say about anything?

Advertisement
Typical know-nothing post.

A lot of the challenge is based on TIMING. Even if a baseball player qualifies for academic-merit scholarship consideration, the decision on a particular school is not made as early in the school year as it is for students who apply based solely on academics, thus by the time that these scholarship decisions are finally made and/or finalized, the scholarship money may have already been awarded to non-student-athletes.

There are ways around this, but I'm sure you are going to sneer and insult everyone who proposes practical solutions. It's your brand, it's what you do.

Rice, Vanderbilt and Stanford are proof that it can be done. There are hundreds of articles on "Operation Vanderbilt".

UM raised $4B in two capital campaigns and despite that they barely reached $35M for the Schwartz center. The basketball arena took out a 10-year, $26M loan in order to complete construction. The $25M basketball practice facility and the Soffer (sic) center were the first projects completed with the requisite donations. Trustees of UM care about engineering, biotech, the Med School, STEM, Architecture and the Law Center.

Am not sure that we will be able to raise much capital for athletics for a while after the dorms............

They have secured enough funds to build a state-of-the-art, indoor "batting" practice area. Am sure that Mr. Di Mare secured most of those funds....... I think that they are hoping for a transformative football season that builds excitement for the U. They will announce the batting cages prior to the start of next season, with the hope of an Omaha trip and greater excitement around the Baseball Program. Ideally, they would like to rebuild the right hand side of the stadium now and make some improvements down the left hand side of the field. We will see......

The 14th was the first round today without an MLB Top 200 HS player selected

Do you have a good thing to say about anything?

Why would I say something good about a post that is completely wrong? You can take his side if you want, but it’s no secret that baseball players are on the radar of admissions well before any regular student.

Advertisement
Why would I say something good about a post that is completely wrong? You can take his side if you want, but it’s no secret that baseball players are on the radar of admissions well before any regular student.
It’s not just this it’s every one of your posts. Everyone’s wrong according to you and you are always right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Players who are good enough to play at Miami make their decision well before it’s time to hand out academic scholarships. ****, we already know almost the whole 2020 recruiting class, and the earliest application deadline is November 1, 2019. Athletes know they are going to Miami before regular students do.

The problem with your condescension is that I easily refute your points with just a few basic facts. Did you really think that our baseball players decide later than regular students? I mean, you’re literally 180 degrees incorrect. And I can show you the list that proves it.

You are a buffoon. "Earliest application deadline" and "when scholarships are decided and/or given out" are two different time periods. You, quite literally, know nothing. If you honestly believe that UM doesn't start giving out academic scholarships until November or December, then you are precisely as dumb as I think you are.

I was in President's 100 for my entire time at UM (I'm sure that a Gaytor like you doesn't know what that is). I know exactly how UM Admissions works, as well as the scholarship selection timelines. ****, my niece just applied this past year for Fall 2019 admission (she is a National Merit finalist and graduated from one of the best public HS's in Florida), so I'm very familiar with how things work at UM.

But, hey, thanks for condescending, as per usual.

"Admissions" is not the same as "Scholarships".

Keep buffooning, though.

20 Rounds complete. We are at the point where I would find it hard to believe that Amditis leaves with two more years of eligibility. I can't remember us returning our entire starting batting order.

Advertisement
Back