Mizzou

Friendly reminder that the pollsters though UGA was better than every single team in the country besides the top 6, including ten undefeated teams.

Also, can't wait to see Mizzou jump from 25 to 7.

And this was going to be my next post.. assuming Mizzou ends up winning, will voters look at this objectively? Clearly UGA is not the 7th best team in the country. Realistically UGA should fall out of the top 25 or at least be 22-25 as they would be the only 2 loss team ranked. Mizzou should move up, but no more than the 15 spot or so being as UGA is not even close to a top 10 team playing a bunch of 3rd string skill guys.

However, I can totally see it the other way. This would be one epic SEC circle jerk. Mizzou launches into the top 10 for beating the 'national champ contending' dawgs. UGA drops a few spots to around 14 or so for losing to an undefeated SEC team..

Advertisement
UGA is without Gurley............

Mizzou would've won with Gurley lol. Gurley not stopping Mizz offense.

Gurley would have gashed Mizzou like he does everybody else,
in turn UGA puts up more points, and they would control the clock also. UGA is very one dimensional right now, and it is hurting them....

I don't know. I think they still would lose because of the WR losses. Those were big to me.

Gurley is an AA, probably best RB in the country. Not only that but they lost Marshall to injury, their run game is a bunch of true freshmen that are nowhere as good or talented. Think us losing Duke and Crawford, except Marshall is way better than Crawford. We knew this UGA defense sucked, it was their offense that made that team go, well it becomes very difficult when your best player is out......

Agree with you here. I'm not underrating Gurley and Marshall. I'm giving credit to Miz. They were a decent Big 12 team I thought they could do okay in the SEC but they had injuries last season. No one felt sorry for Mizzou so no one should have to state the fact that Georgia is dealing with injuries this season as Mizzou was in the same position last season.

Last edited:
Friendly reminder that the pollsters though UGA was better than every single team in the country besides the top 6, including ten undefeated teams.

Also, can't wait to see Mizzou jump from 25 to 7.

And this was going to be my next post.. assuming Mizzou ends up winning, will voters look at this objectively? Clearly UGA is not the 7th best team in the country. Realistically UGA should fall out of the top 25 or at least be 22-25 as they would be the only 2 loss team ranked. Mizzou should move up, but no more than the 15 spot or so being as UGA is not even close to a top 10 team playing a bunch of 3rd string skill guys.

However, I can totally see it the other way. This would be one epic SEC circle jerk. Mizzou launches into the top 10 for beating the 'national champ contending' dawgs. UGA drops a few spots to around 14 or so for losing to an undefeated SEC team..

Asking pollsters and the media for SEC objectively is like asking for historians to be objective about the *****.

I'm at the game. Mizzou is legit. Uga fans have already turned on Murray and Richt and some are even leaving. Should be an interesting second half.

As for the atmosphere. Crowd was loud at first, but a lot of it is lame and fake and manufactured and forced. Not even close to the game day atmosphere at say Clemson.

Oh, and the girls are hot as ****

I dont see how people think UGA is overrated. They beat good teams while they are missing #1 and #2 rb, and 2 or 3 receivers. This is pretty much the same team that should have beat Alabama in the SEC championship game last year if the receiver would have run out of bounds instead of staying in and killing the clock. I think at this point, they're down 28-10 and without pretty much any weapons, won't be able to come back, but to say they are overrated is ridiculous.

If it were our miami team missing Duke, Dallas, Hurns, and Waters/Dorsett, we would struggle too. Our depth and quality would be hurting bad. Would we be overrated?

Advertisement
If uga loses this game, I still don't think they'd fall out of the rankings, but definitely should fall somewhere near the 20's rankings. They've had a good schedule ad get some credit for that, but overall, a 2 loss team still does not belong in the top 20.

I dont see how people think UGA is overrated. They beat good teams while they are missing #1 and #2 rb, and 2 or 3 receivers. This is pretty much the same team that should have beat Alabama in the SEC championship game last year if the receiver would have run out of bounds instead of staying in and killing the clock. I think at this point, they're down 28-10 and without pretty much any weapons, won't be able to come back, but to say they are overrated is ridiculous.

If it were our miami team missing Duke, Dallas, Hurns, and Waters/Dorsett, we would struggle too. Our depth and quality would be hurting bad. Would we be overrated?

So you believe that UGA is the 7th best team in the country?

If uga loses this game, I still don't think they'd fall out of the rankings, but definitely should fall somewhere near the 20's rankings. They've had a good schedule ad get some credit for that, but overall, a 2 loss team still does not belong in the top 20.

They'll drop like 8-10 spots, because you'll hear the SEC fangirls scream "THEY LOST TO AN UNDEFEATED SEC TEAM".

LSU/UF loser will have a small drop as well.

****, Mizzou gettin in that *** so far. I know they got a bunch of players hurt but still rooting against the dawgs here. Not cause of poll positioning, although it'll definitely help canes, but cause of the Sony decision.

Advertisement
They're overrated because they're still at 7 with all of their offense hurt.

And the results are obvious. We saw this last week. Defense sucks, offense is hampered.

I wouldn't get excited about UGA or Oklahoma losing.

I think both teams lay down for the second half.

Mizzou is underrated that's a good football team. They were good in the Big 12.

Last season the ONLY reason they didn't shock the SEC was injuries. They could've had a TAMU type entrance. But Franklin and Josey were injured. Look and Franklin's 2011 season. That boy was for real. Now he's fully healthy and Josey is fully healthy and that offense is rolling.

Last year UGA-MIZ and BAMA-MIZ were closer games than the scoreboard indicated. It's just that Bama and UGA pulled away late.

Bama was up 21-0 very early in the 2nd quarter! Lol!!!!! That game was complete domination!!!!

Correction... They were up 28-0 early in 2nd quarter! Mizzou's only TD was a KO return!

I was at that game and Mizzou was so outclassed I went back out to the parking lot in the 2nd quarter!

Last edited:

Last season the ONLY reason they didn't shock the SEC was injuries. They could've had a TAMU type entrance. But Franklin and Josey were injured. Look and Franklin's 2011 season. That boy was for real. Now he's fully healthy and Josey is fully healthy and that offense is rolling.

Last year UGA-MIZ and BAMA-MIZ were closer games than the scoreboard indicated. It's just that Bama and UGA pulled away late.

Bama was up 21-0 very early in the 2nd quarter! Lol!!!!! That game was complete domination!!!!

If you watched it, Mizz had those injuries kinda like UGA this game. I'm not saying they would have beat bama but it would have been a lot closer. UGA on the other hand they started getting reckless in the 3rd Quarter.

To those saying "well UGA doesn't have all their player's." Mizz didn't have all of their player's last season. No excuses on the football field.

Advertisement

So you believe that UGA is the 7th best team in the country?

With the injuries no. Without the injuries I think they should be a little lower because they still have 1 loss. With that said though, from beginning to end, with no injuries, I would have no problem with them at 7. Up to this point though, you downgrade them for losing. They are still maintaining with key players out and will be in a good position if some of those guys come back and they have not lost yet.

If you watched it, Mizz had those injuries kinda like UGA this game. I'm not saying they would have beat bama but it would have been a lot closer. UGA on the other hand they started getting reckless in the 3rd Quarter.

To those saying "well UGA doesn't have all their player's." Mizz didn't have all of their player's last season. No excuses on the football field.

I agree with the no excuses on the field, I'm just saying, I don't think UGA is an overrated team, they were just unfortunate with injuries. Same as missou last year. BTW I still see Missou as a Big 12 team. I hate how SEC fans act like when Texas A&M and Missou did well, it was simply because they some how became better teams overnight because they were in the SEC instead of maybe the SEC teams are not as far ahead of the other conferences as everyone would like to think.

Advertisement

I agree with the no excuses on the field, I'm just saying, I don't think UGA is an overrated team, they were just unfortunate with injuries. Same as missou last year. BTW I still see Missou as a Big 12 team. I hate how SEC fans act like when Texas A&M and Missou did well, it was simply because they some how became better teams overnight because they were in the SEC instead of maybe the SEC teams are not as far ahead of the other conferences as everyone would like to think.

Exactly it was crazy when TAMU did good last season and people started with that SEC SEC SEC! I was like MF'er they have to be in that conference at least 5 years before y'all start claiming them. TAMU and Mizz play like Big 12 teams.

I live in St.Louis....Mizzou is not on the level as top teams. They may win some games here and there but they're really not a national title or BCS threat coming out of the SEC. They missed they opportunities when they had Chase Daniels and J-Mac. 28-20 game now and Georgia is gaining momentum.

[]_[]nique-31;1624280 said:
I live in St.Louis....Mizzou is not on the level as top teams. They may win some games here and there but they're really not a national title or BCS threat coming out of the SEC. They missed they opportunities when they had Chase Daniels and J-Mac. 28-20 game now and Georgia is gaining momentum.

True enough. I only follow them cuz my best **** friend is a Mizzou fan that's why I know about them. Yeah they missed some opportunities. What happened that one season when Mizz was ranked #7 is a perfect example of that underachieving.

Advertisement
Back