Missing Person Report Has Been Sent Out for Leonard Taylor

I gave news for you but good DT’s are constantly doubles teamed yet they seek to make plays constantly. It’s been so long since we’ve had a dude inside people don’t know what one looks like.
I get that. My problem is that there's more to it than good DTs can handle a double team.

By all accounts, LT is a 3 tech and we're lining up a one and expecting him to make plays as one. But it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the offense thinks. They're treating him as if he was the sole treat on the interior line. They're consistently bringing double teams as if he was a 0/1 tech. They're not concerned about the other tackle making plays against a single guard. All of our "elite" tackles had someone next to them that can also make plays. Sapp had Pat Riley. Maryland had Cortez Kennedy. Jerome Brown had Derwin Jones. Vince Wilfork had Orien Harris. Damian Lewis had William Joseph. That's not including elite edge guys. That puts a lot on pressure on an offense to pick and choose their poison.

Additionally, it's a matter of playing percentages. If you consider how make defensive snaps there are in a game, you increase your odds of creating inside pressure if the offense has to spread themselves this and/or bring in an RB to help.

I'm sure you know all of that. My sense is that everyone's too hypercritical screaming "Where's the stud" because of these losses.

Advertisement
I gave news for you but good DT’s are constantly doubles teamed yet they seek to make plays constantly. It’s been so long since we’ve had a dude inside people don’t know what one looks like.
Willis is all I even remember lol

Give me coach Kool or Jess Simpson back

So far Coach Joe seems to struggle recruiting and developing

Under Kool, and Simpson we had
- RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton were a great DT combo
- Gerald Williams, Chad Thomas, Jon Garvin
- Joe Jackson, Greg Rousseau, Jalen Phillips

All guys who were developed and could make game changing plays

5* Mr. "Don't be a fan later" he is a fat, slow, lazy South Florida diva. Did he even play last night? Meanwhile, true freshman Bain is everything and then some.
IMG_3706.jpeg

Advertisement
Back