Misses

NorthFlaCane

Senior
Clark - still ****es me off

Michel - how in the **** do you ***** this up?

Cook - coaches did all they could, I blame cook for ******ry

Valentine - he probably never got his test score but won't admit it - we knew he was shaky

Rudolph - did we ***** up his recruitment with a name tag or was ******ry afoot? His dad was in our corner, why do seem to lose so many kids whose parents want them here?

Dixon - Meyer stole him from under our nose, coaches have to land their targets but wr class sill good

Lane - he was never coming here, but
Part of that was we empowered Chad and Quincy Wilson to **** all over the program every single day

Powell - WTF happened?

Gibbons - I wish his dad would post on this site again (since Reilly ended his recruitment in April) not sure why they flipped

Bethel - was this grades or ability?

Lammons - the word was we had a spot for either him or Bethel, but I get passing on him

Advertisement
Of all the recruits we lost, might be the most butthurt over Sony.

Think Valentine was the biggest need, but I'd been penciling in Sony in this class for years.

JC Jackson - T Rob kicked our ***.

T Harris - Late offer as a QB was too much to overcome.

Misses by way of not offering: McKenzie, Battle, Cerenord.

Sony wasn't a ***** up, if he wanted to be a Cane at the end of the day he would've been a Cane. Being a fan and being a business man for your future 4 years and hopeful NFL career is different and he proved that.

Advertisement

Treon got offered around the same time that UF offered him so it wasnt that

Lol, I'm glad you are answering so definitively, but ask Pete.

UF isn't 20 minutes from his high school, and didn't have his fam play there. He was salty ever since his local program overlooked him at QB until late in the game.

UF isn't 20 minutes from his high school, and didn't have his fam play there. He was salty ever since his local program overlooked him at QB until late in the game.

Yet I remember after the oc for UF got hired seeing Treon with a brand new offer. UF was big down here and didnt offer either so if thats what it is then its an excuse because Powell got offered literally a day or 2 before he was supposed to enroll and it got him there because he wanted to be there. Pete said it was very close so I dont see how the late offer lost it for us

Salty... I like that... We also have a lot salty posters here too!

Advertisement

The local thing only works one way w/ these kids. We owe them the world but they don't owe us sh*t. BYE FELICIA

Sony- Staff tried. Kid committed to UGA, and totally shut it down. Refused to take an OV here or even to meet with our coaches. I find it very odd, and there were rumors that there were some "issues" (I have NO idea what that meant) regaring him getting out of So Fla, but it wasnt for lack of trying, just seems odd to me.

Rudolph- TIFWIW, but I heard several different places that it may have had something to do with Walsh also. There were rumors that Walsh was trying to pimp him to UM and get something out of it for himself, like a staff position or something, and that ****ed Rudolph off. Im not buying the "nametag" story.

Dixon, on the surface it seems we got beat out.

Gibbons- Ive read his father's posts about it several places. It was all about the academics. His sister is supposedly in law school out there, and he wants to be in some type of Law school program they have for undergrads at Stanford. Kid was really blow away by the academic opportunity.

Powell- big mystery. there seems to have been some slight delay with his transcript being cleared by UM, and then he up and bolted for UF. Bizarre. guess you could blame the staff here, or UM admissions, but it was unfortunate.

Bethel- I think its likely the staff cooled on him. A kid doesnt trade UM for Texas Tech just because.

Cook- we got beat out.

Lammons- was not recruited.

Clark-UF grabbed him fair from all accounts. He never wavered.

Sony- Staff tried. Kid committed to UGA, and totally shut it down. Refused to take an OV here or even to meet with our coaches. I find it very odd, and there were rumors that there were some "issues" (I have NO idea what that meant) regaring him getting out of So Fla, but it wasnt for lack of trying, just seems odd to me.

Rudolph- TIFWIW, but I heard several different places that it may have had something to do with Walsh also. There were rumors that Walsh was trying to pimp him to UM and get something out of it for himself, like a staff position or something, and that ****ed Rudolph off. Im not buying the "nametag" story.

Dixon, on the surface it seems we got beat out.

Gibbons- Ive read his father's posts about it several places. It was all about the academics. His sister is supposedly in law school out there, and he wants to be in some type of Law school program they have for undergrads at Stanford. Kid was really blow away by the academic opportunity.

Powell- big mystery. there seems to have been some slight delay with his transcript being cleared by UM, and then he up and bolted for UF. Bizarre. guess you could blame the staff here, or UM admissions, but it was unfortunate.

Bethel- I think its likely the staff cooled on him. A kid doesnt trade UM for Texas Tech just because.

Cook- we got beat out.

Lammons- was not recruited.

Clark-UF grabbed him fair from all accounts. He never wavered.

Powell always loved UF and if they ever offered he was gone. That was the rumor waaaaaaaay back with him and literally they did at the last day and he left. The transcripts to me are a bull**** excuse

I dont understand this idea of "every kid in Miami should want to play at UM". That has NEVER been the case. UF and FSU are both BIG instate programs. They have ALWAYS taken a lot of players from So Fla. They dont have the concentrated recruiting hotbed that is So Fla in their back yards, but they spend a ton of time and resources in SO Fla because they need to recruit it hard as much as UM does. FSU isnt going to be able to get by just recruiting Tallahassee and the Panhandle. UF isnt going to be able to just recruit Jacksonville, Orlando and those vicinities. There are a TON of FSU and UF alum, and former players coaching all over So Fla. And you have many So Fla kids, who have never been out of South Florida, who justifiably WANT to experience something new and different for at least a few years.

Not every kid in Miami wants to stay in Miami. Just like not every kid in Souther California wants to stay in Southern California.

The reason people get twisted up about this, is that they feel FSU and UF are "poaching" on our territory. But they ALWAYS have. The fact is So Fla is the biggest concentration of talent in the whole South East. So of course they are going to work this area hard. If Tallahassee had tons of talented kids, we would be up there trying to poach more kids from there too, but there arent.

Its made even WORSE now by modern technology. In the 80s, coaches had to physically go to schools or see maybe ONE film on a kid sent by a coach. A coach from Oregon was never going to spend time recruiting So Fla for example. But now, with the click of a button, that same coach in Oregon, or Columbus, or Ann Arbor, LA, or Tallahassee, can see everything there is to see about a kid, make arrangements to meet him, talk to him on the phone in seconds, offer him, and begin recruiting him without even leaving their office chair.

Its a whole new recruiting world out there. We dont have So Fla to ourselves anymore. That is never going to exist again.

Advertisement
Great thread. Let's rehash and guess/make up stories about what happened and find a way to bash the coaches again. Top 10 class and the ******* are still out in full force. Get a life or kill yourselves please.

Advertisement

I was typing on my phone so just forgot Jackson

We should have offered Harris instead of Rosier (or Winky Flowers) simply to build some hometown momentum - they are all similarly skilled prospects

If you're shutting your recruiting down, you're shutting your recruiting down.

Getting beat out over and over again is not acceptable. I recognize that not everyone will sign here, but we lost a lifelong fan (Michel), a season ticket holder (Clark), a recruit with a brother playing ball here (Cook), and a recruit whose father wanted him here (Rudolph).

Advertisement
Back