Misses

Advertisement
T Harris - Late offer as a QB was too much to overcome.

Misses by way of not offering: McKenzie, Battle, Cerenord.

This, right here! UGA got the most electric HS football player I've seen in a long time in McKenzie. Terrible evaluation by alFredo.

UF isn't 20 minutes from his high school, and didn't have his fam play there. He was salty ever since his local program overlooked him at QB until late in the game.

The local thing only works one way w/ these kids. We owe them the world but they don't owe us sh*t. BYE FELICIA

Exactly. Tired of the nonsense. It's almost like a disadvantage to be located in this prime recruiting area. If we don't kiss the kids, and their handlers/coaches, asses and cater to them in every way from middle school on they act as if they were getting "dissed", as if we owed them something. But even the ones that are catered to have zero problem trolling the program and coaches freely and frequently.

Advertisement
Did we win any head to head battles with top ranked teams????

Chad Thomas to us over Alabama. McCray to us over LSU. Kaaya to us over UCLA. Yearby and Darling both were coveted by many teams. Njoku to us over Ohio State......

Of all the recruits we lost, might be the most butthurt over Sony.

Think Valentine was the biggest need, but I'd been penciling in Sony in this class for years.

The thing that is strange is the Sony went so easy and early. Something was up there. Maybe we will find out one day. Dixon hurt but we beat Urban on several others so it is not like he owned us. The fat kid from the fake Catholic school was a loss but this tear at least we have others. Gibbons, well he made "what if I don't make it to NFL" decision. Hard to smack a kid with the grades who goes to better school. I'd take UM trial lawyer over anyone but that west coast school is good for "who you know" stuff. Still, Ibis is much cooler bird than cardinal.

Clark - still ****es me off

Michel - didn't like our facilities, UGA took his brother too

Cook - coaches did all they could, I blame cook for ******ry

Valentine - he probably never got his test score but won't admit it - we knew he was shaky

Rudolph - did we ***** up his recruitment with a name tag or was ******ry afoot? His dad was in our corner, why do seem to lose so many kids whose parents want them here?

Dixon - Meyer stole him from under our nose, coaches have to land their targets but wr class sill good

Lane - he was never coming here, but
Part of that was we empowered Chad and Quincy Wilson to **** all over the program every single day

Powell - WTF happened?

Gibbons - I wish his dad would post on this site again (since Reilly ended his recruitment in April) not sure why they flipped

Bethel - was this grades or ability?

Lammons - the word was we had a spot for either him or Bethel, but I get passing on him

Clark - something was up with this one he went from absolutely loving us and being on our campus week in week out to a UF lock in no time.

Michel - didn't like our facilities + UGA took his brother + he wanted competition and you can't get much better then Gurley and Marshall

Cook - coaches did all they could

Valentine - popular opinion is genron lol but hey he was shaky and the rumours about Al to Penn State pushed him off the edge.

Rudolph - we had ground to make up after the position thing we tried but ultimately he went on to pick the national champs (hurts me to say it) but i guess ya can't blame him for that

Dixon - in the end he wanted to go out of state for college, i mean that's life nothing we could do about it.

Lane - Dalvins but buddy, and massively over hyped IMO couldn't give a **** about him tbh

Powell - admissions frustrated him so he bolted to UF :ohlord:

Gibbons - still shocked over this lol nothing the coaches could do they got completely blind sided.

Bethel - who knows lol ended up wanting to leave the state for college but really he just hated the scheme.

Lammons - liked him much more then Bethel, don't really get why we cooled on him so much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
211.jpg

Move forward....you will feel better

LOL @ all the excuses in here. It's always something. Kid got paid. Kid got bad advice from his handlers. Kid's high school coach was looking for benefits. Blah blah blah. Nobody can just admit that we got out-recruited.

You can spin this **** anyway you want to and bump your chest about our ranking but when you look at who we lost combined with who we didn't even offer...

Well, that is where some people are unhappy.

LOL @ all the excuses in here. It's always something. Kid got paid. Kid got bad advice from his handlers. Kid's high school coach was looking for benefits. Blah blah blah. Nobody can just admit that we got out-recruited.

You can spin this **** anyway you want to and bump your chest about our ranking but when you look at who we lost combined with who we didn't even offer...

Yep...all schools lost players they wanted...FSU, BAMA AuBURN LSU....they got great classes but still lost kids..and they are champions with stadiums sold out games etc....

I don't buy that Powell admission BS, if you really want to play at Miami you won't wait 2 days?

Advertisement

Yep...all schools lost players they wanted...FSU, BAMA AuBURN LSU....they got great classes but still lost kids..and they are champions with stadiums sold out games etc....

They lost kids that were in their backyard like we did?

Anybody that can look at the list of South FLA playmakers we lost, or simply didn't offer, and still be satisfied is a complete homer.

All the best high school playmakers in South FLA are going elsewhere. Other than Yearby, we're getting the leftovers.

We're getting the Brady's instead of the Lane's and Dixon's.
We're getting the Mayes instead of the Dowels and Lammon's.
We lost out on Cook, Sony and Powell...three of the best offensive playmakers in South FLA.
We didn't even offer McKenzie, who's one of the most explosive players in the state.
We didn't offer Battles cause he was "too slow" yet he's fast enough for LSU.
We didn't even sniff the best cover Corner in South FLA and now we have one CB comitted, and he's a project.

Nothing against the kids we have coming in, but let's face it, they ain't the best in our backyard. The best kids in our backyard are going elsewhere.

Advertisement
All the best high school playmakers in South FLA are going elsewhere. Other than Yearby, we're getting the leftovers.

We lost out on Cook, Sony and Powell...three of the best offensive playmakers in South FLA.
We didn't even offer McKenzie, who's one of the most explosive players in the state.
We didn't even sniff the best cover Corner in South FLA and now we have one CB comitted, and he's a project.

Nothing against the kids we have coming in, but let's face it, they ain't the best in our backyard. The best kids in our backyard are going elsewhere.

The "backyard" advantage is proving to be pure BS anyway. There is zero loyalty to the program. These kids are spoon fed the SEC by the media and their own coaches. UM hasn't been a top program during the development time of these kids. UM is expected to kiss their asses and blow them from an early age otherwise they are being "dissed" by the hometown team, while outside programs can play them with impunity.

They lost kids that were in their backyard like we did?

a few I am sure...the 5 star that went from UCLA to Auburn to Bama was from Auburn....just saying AL was not the only coach schooled this year

The "backyard" advantage is proving to be pure BS anyway. There is zero loyalty to the program. These kids are spoon fed the SEC by the media and their own coaches. UM hasn't been a top program during the development time of these kids. UM is expected to kiss their asses and blow them from an early age otherwise they are being "dissed" by the hometown team, while outside programs can play them with impunity.

Maybe golden needs to kiss some *** and play some games then.

There's plenty of kids down here that would've loved to go to Miami but they were either rubbed the wrong way or not recruited at all.

I agree with the rest, but nothing wrong with Brady

I could see taking Powell over McKenzie, but we should have locked McKenzie up as soon as Powell bolted

Advertisement
Back