Miss State new #1

Advertisement
I wonder if they have ever been ranked #1 before, ever.

Perennial #1 in illiteracy and poverty. Always on the heels of West Virginia and Arkansas in incest though. Give Mullen time to fix that.

Your Sig says it all.
"I don't think we should be too hung up on being Number 1."

It's all about APR, baby!

"...Foote says that Miami's
course toward academic excellence is unalterable. ''Our obligation is
to fundamental values that are basically academic,'' he says. ''Every
decision is measured against that principle.'' He also says, with
reference to football, ''I don't think we should be too hung up on
being Number 1
.''

That said, this was a quote from 1987. I'll take my namesakes phony public posturing over Dahhhhhna's half assed "support" any day.

When refs call pass interference every other play and defensive secondaries have been rendered useless....yeah, parity happens.

When refs call pass interference every other play and defensive secondaries have been rendered useless....yeah, parity happens.

It also happens when your conference is rigged so there are no "bad" losses. Lose to an unranked team in the SEC? No worries! You'll only fall a few spots and they'll jump to 20 spots into the rankings. We'll never acknowledge how bad South Carolina is either. We'll just pretend like wins over them are still quality because they were deemed so at the time. I'm actually surprised that Mizzou isn't still ranked. Arky is "improving" too so it doesn't matter if they almost beat you as they're on pace to actually get their first conference win in 28 years!

I'm no PAC-27 apologist but anyone notice what happened after Nike U lost a conference game? It was an indictment on the entire conference and INSTANTLY opened the door for demands of letting that second $EC team into the Playoff. It was a 2-4-1 for those clowns too as they were able to say Michigan State lost to Oregon so don't let them in either.

Last edited:
those recruiting classes are paying off for ole miss too, last week they mentioned ole miss was 5-0 for the first time since 1962, who would of thought two mississippi teams would be in the top 5

But those recruiting rankings don't matter tho.............
I say this if u get a top 3 recruiting class u gonna make a move but when u sit at 9-15 u won't do **** unless u have a major developer and talent evaluator which we don't.

So, I just looked at the 247 recruiting rankings for Ole Miss and Mississippi State since 2010, and they certainly not anywhere near top 3 or 9-15 range when averaged out:

Ole Miss
2014 - 15
2013 - 8
2012 - 47
2011 -20
2010 -22

Mississippi State
2014 - 35
2013 - 25
2012 - 22
2011 - 34
2010 - 34

Pretty interesting numbers. Sure, a team must have a minimum amount of talent to be successful but good coaching is what takes a team to the next level. Point being, Miami has more than enough talent to win big but poor coaching is causing Miami to lose.

Although I agree good coaching staffs and better recruiting for ole miss recently is why they r up. There should be separate rankings along the DLiNE and online would love to see that. Miami interior DLiNE recruiting has been *** for ten years and the coaching has been *** too. U look at ole miss and that DLiNE changed with number five as soon as he got there. We need hogs on both sides it's what Butch did and he made the blue print everyone copies. Not everyone the sec copies.

Advertisement
save this thread....they'll lose 3 games and fall to #5 in the rankings.

The ESPN and media are reaching....as they know Bama has already took their yearly L.....So they have to grab onto something SEC.

This is the same Miss State team ive been watching....OLE MISS ie xpect to be a little better as they have been stockpiling talent for awhile..just didnt have good qb play.,.they are getting it now....

The SEC glitch is helpinh...and silly fan s like the ones we have that have sec envy only help......UGA just beat Mizzou by 34.....UGA is trash..South Carolina is trash....Ive seen Arky get praised and they have still yet to win an sec game..lol.....ARKY is being PRAISED for lmost winning.

I expect both Miss teams to lose a game coming up./.one to LSU..then they will cancel themself out in the egg bowl.

But we have media people already calling for 3 sec teams in the 4 team playoff.....like dead serious.

FSU handles both of those teams and im dead serious

those recruiting classes are paying off for ole miss too, last week they mentioned ole miss was 5-0 for the first time since 1962, who would of thought two mississippi teams would be in the top 5

I say this if u get a top 3 recruiting class u gonna make a move but when u sit at 9-15 u won't do **** unless u have a major developer and talent evaluator which we don't.

So, I just looked at the 247 recruiting rankings for Ole Miss and Mississippi State since 2010, and they certainly not anywhere near top 3 or 9-15 range when averaged out:

Ole Miss
2014 - 15
2013 - 8
2012 - 47
2011 -20
2010 -22

Mississippi State
2014 - 35
2013 - 25
2012 - 22
2011 - 34
2010 - 34

Pretty interesting numbers. Sure, a team must have a minimum amount of talent to be successful but good coaching is what takes a team to the next level. Point being, Miami has more than enough talent to win big but poor coaching is causing Miami to lose.

Although I agree good coaching staffs and better recruiting for ole miss recently is why they r up. There should be separate rankings along the DLiNE and online would love to see that. Miami interior DLiNE recruiting has been *** for ten years and the coaching has been *** too. U look at ole miss and that DLiNE changed with number five as soon as he got there. We need hogs on both sides it's what Butch did and he made the blue print everyone copies. Not everyone the sec copies.

MISS and MISS ST have recruited DOGS on the dline....theyve been helped by their little *** state actually p[roducing some dl beasts.

Not just #5 EITHER...Ive been watching their dl lasses the last 3 years....Miss State has some dogs up front as well..both schools have beat out Bama for dl recruits.

It's called having 19 Jr's and SR's in your starting lineup.
Experience and maturity is often dismissed or not accounted for by your average fans.
But in Miss States case it's trumping talent.

Advertisement

Ole Miss
2014 - 15
2013 - 8
2012 - 47
2011 -20
2010 -22

Mississippi State
2014 - 35
2013 - 25
2012 - 22
2011 - 34
2010 - 34

MISS and MISS ST have recruited DOGS on the dline....theyve been helped by their little *** state actually p[roducing some dl beasts.

Not just #5 EITHER...Ive been watching their dl lasses the last 3 years....Miss State has some dogs up front as well..both schools have beat out Bama for dl recruits.

Here are the defensive line star ranks, broken down by DT and DE, for each school as based upon 247 composite rankings:

Ole Miss
2011 - DT 3*, 3* - DE 3*
2012 - DT None - DE 5*, 4*
2013 - DT 4*, 3* - DE 5*, NR
2014 - DT 4*, 3* - DE 4*, 3*, 3*

Miss. State
2011 - DT 4*, NR - DE 4*,2*, 2*
2012 - DT 4*, 4*,3* - DE 4*,3*,3*,3*,3*
2013 - DT None - DE 5*,3*
2014 - DT 3* - DE 3*,3*,3*

Nothing earth shattering here. Certainly not some amazing amount of better talent than say Miami, outside of the quantity of DTs recruited. The difference is that these two defenses ATTACK with their scheme as opposed to what Miami does.

save this thread....they'll lose 3 games and fall to #5 in the rankings.

The ESPN and media are reaching....as they know Bama has already took their yearly L.....So they have to grab onto something SEC.

This is the same Miss State team ive been watching....OLE MISS ie xpect to be a little better as they have been stockpiling talent for awhile..just didnt have good qb play.,.they are getting it now....

The SEC glitch is helpinh...and silly fan s like the ones we have that have sec envy only help......UGA just beat Mizzou by 34.....UGA is trash..South Carolina is trash....Ive seen Arky get praised and they have still yet to win an sec game..lol.....ARKY is being PRAISED for lmost winning.

I expect both Miss teams to lose a game coming up./.one to LSU..then they will cancel themself out in the egg bowl.

But we have media people already calling for 3 sec teams in the 4 team playoff.....like dead serious.

FSU handles both of those teams and im dead serious

Been saying this I agree one thousand percent......Fsu would destroy them. With Fsu recruiting sfla well a lot of kids that would of went to Bama or other sec teams didn't. Which kills the sec future so they r banking on killin Winston that's the sec and NCAA pushing that ****. Fsu would work them all

It's crazy to say that about Fsu but Fsu right now should be miami right now. There doing it right. Fsu right now is like a superhero to sec dominance it sucks cuz those guys should be canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seeing Miss. St. jump FSU jumps makes me hate this SEC bias even more. This team has played against only 3 quality teams and now they are #1. Their recruiting has been average and their history sucks. Let's take a look:

vs Ole Miss: 43-61
vs LSU: 34-71
vs Alabama: 18-76
vs Kentucky: 20-21

Only conference championship: 1941

This is not about me defending FSU, but if we were in FSU's situation (because we play in the ACC), I would be ****ed. Just wait until the end of the year when multiple SEC teams slide into the 4-team playoff. As an ACC team nothing has changed, go undefeated or you cannot play for a title.

Seeing Miss. St. jump FSU jumps makes me hate this SEC bias even more. This team has played against only 3 quality teams and now they are #1. Their recruiting has been average and their history sucks. Let's take a look:

This is not about me defending FSU, but if we were in FSU's situation (because we play in the ACC), I would be ****ed. Just wait until the end of the year when multiple SEC teams slide into the 4-team playoff. As an ACC team nothing has changed, go undefeated or you cannot play for a title.

Some of the worst reasoning I've ever seen in a post. You try and knock MSU for only playing only three good teams, when FSU has only played two. No clue why you brought up MSU history against other SEC teams because it has no relevance to this season. MSU may well flake out, but they have the most impressive body of work so far.

Some of the worst reasoning I've ever seen in a post. You try and knock MSU for only playing only three good teams, when FSU has only played two. No clue why you brought up MSU history against other SEC teams because it has no relevance to this season. MSU may well flake out, but they have the most impressive body of work so far.

Thank you! MSU has beaten 3 highly ranked teams. They deserve it. Please give credit where credit is due.

Advertisement
I am not hating on Miss. State at all. They are playing great football. I am strictly talking about the ranking system. It used to be hard for a team that didn't have a history of winning to get the #1 rank (7-6 last year). To get it at 6 games with 4 other undefeated teams is surprising to me. To jump a defending champion that beat an SEC team for the title last is also surprising.

I hope you are joking with the 3 highly ranked teams. I see 3 cupcakes, two good wins, and top level win.
at LSU (5-2)
Home: Texas AM (5-2)
Home: Auburn (5-1) - A great win over a top team

Again, not hating, just surprised that they were given the #1 rank. But then again, not surprised because they are in the SEC.

Lol.....I didn't realize a team's history played a part in the weekly rankings. They just beat LSU, Texas A&M, and Auburn, they definitely deserve to be ranked Number 1 for this week.

Dan Mullen and his ego doing work.

Did we have a chance at Mullen or did he use us to leverage a raise?

Mullen is not a Miami type coach. He will bring the Tebow running type QB offense with him. Another guy trying to change Cane DNA. Our stupid bubble screens are bad enough. Kaaya might as well leave if Mullen came her. That said, he sure is kicking some SEC butt.

The last thing I remember about Miss State is Howard refusing to play them any more because their refs cheat so bad. I remember one play up there where one of their Dline jump off-sides so early he had to wait for our QB to get the snap before he tackled him -- no flag. That said, there is plenty of talent in MS-- I mean the female kind.

Advertisement
Back