Mirmar Leeward Brown 247 update 2/12

Brown (6-3, 338) enjoyed his time on campus but he left without an offer. Luckily for him, it ended up arriving anyway last week.

-says “I was in school and I got pulled out of class because Coach Al Golden was on the phone,” “He loved my highlight tape and he wants me to be a Cane. I was celebrating on the inside but I kept it professional on the outside. I thanked him for the opportunity and just for looking at me.”

-The fact that the word came straight from the top scored major points in Brown’s eyes. He can definitely see himself being a good fit in Coral Gables.

-says “It was a big deal because the head coach offering shows what type of place Miami is,” “That’s what I want to be a part of, I don’t want to leave that behind. I can’t have it so that I’m only cool with my position coach but I knew that wouldn’t be a problem with the words coming out of his mouth.”

-sees the Hurricanes returning to dominance, sooner rather than later.

-says “They’re not too far from being the old ‘U’, they’re just missing a few pieces,” Brown said. “Once they get what they need, it’s right back to how it was with Michael Irvin.”

listed Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Utah and West Virginia as schools showing a lot of interest. He other offers are from South Florida and Temple with plenty of travel on the horizon.

-says “I was at Miami’s junior day and I’ll go to UCF for their junior day coming up,” “Then for spring games, it’s going to be Miami again and West Virginia. As far as summer camps, I’m doing UCF, Miami, and Alabama. I know it’s a lot but I’m trying to get out because I haven’t seen what’s out there.”

-Brown points to where he plays his high school ball as one of the reasons for his rise. The Patriots have become one of the top programs in South Florida the past ten years.

-says “Miramar has a family tradition and you feel like a part of it as soon as you step on campus,” “You really have to grind though, we don’t do it with off days and short cuts. Even though Coach Cogdell left, we’re still very close as a team.”

-was selected 1st team All-Broward County as a junior, named Mike Pouncey as his favorite NFL player.

-“My primary position is guard but I can play any spot on the offensive line,” “My game is every time you lineup in front of me, I’m going to beat you. I’m not going to let you feel like you’re about to get by and touch my quarterback. I’m trying to hurt you on every play.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/OL-Leeward-Brown-Gets-the-Call-from-Al-Golden-176986

Advertisement
309.jpg

-“My primary position is guard but I can play any spot on the offensive line,” “My game is every time you lineup in front of me, I’m going to beat you. I’m not going to let you feel like you’re about to get by and touch my quarterback. I’m trying to hurt you on every play.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/OL-Leeward-Brown-Gets-the-Call-from-Al-Golden-176986

:fistbump:

just that line alone makes me want this kid in our class

Advertisement
I like the fact that we are recruiting true guards now instead of going for one size fits all tackles. This kid is the type who can get under everyone on the goal line and reset the line of scrimmage downfield. That is what we have been missing more than a big back. Short yardage is about who gets lowest. Maybe, just maybe, Al is starting to learn and adjust. Tall, long armed cranes at tackles, low-hung bulldozers at guard and center makes for a effective oline more than 8 guys who have to play everywhere. Hope this kid commits. We need to circle up Miramar. Too much talent there to let in poachers.

I´m glad Kehoe isn´t alone in making the decisions on who to offer. This is the kind of kid he would more than likely passed on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I´m glad Kehoe isn´t alone in making the decisions on who to offer. This is the kind of kid he would more than likely passed on.

he **** sure isnt a kehoe type...which is what i stated in the first thread on him.

Kehoe was slow in offering Max Jean Giles who was a **** beast of a guard.

Kehoe likes his lineman ot have room to put on weight not take off...and to be honest...this kid is out of shape....BUT the talent is there for him and he can be a road grader @ guard....TRUE guard prospect here with him

he **** sure isnt a kehoe type...which is what i stated in the first thread on him.

Kehoe likes his lineman ot have room to put on weight not take off...and to be honest...this kid is out of shape....BUT the talent is there for him and he can be a road grader @ guard....TRUE guard prospect here with him

Couldn't the same be said about Isidora?

Advertisement
We've been blessing a lot of kids lately. Must be a good feeling to be pulled put of class to be blessed.

Hope we get this guy and i am surprise we have not offered marcus brown as a guard yet, both browns are similar in size and skill

Couldn't the same be said about Isidora?

nope Isadora was a fit guy... he just naturally is big but it wasnt just "fat"...Isadora has gained weight since coming to um....Brown will need to LOsE weight....Isadora if not a cane would of been @ Wisky...who i think do a good job of evaluating and recruiting ol. I know Isadora so im bias also

Advertisement
Back