Miller's early 2019 Big Board

Advertisement
I think MJ and Joe Jack are our two "surefire" preseason 1st rounders. Richards could sneak in there with a big year.

I think MJ and Joe Jack are our two "surefire" preseason 1st rounders. Richards could sneak in there with a big year.
Most people already have richards in the 1st round. Walter football is projecting him to go like 16th to the redskins.

I just don't have him that high coming off injury UNLESS he puts up some big numbers this year which is absolutely possible. If he balls out then I can totally see him going in the 1st.

I just don't have him that high coming off injury UNLESS he puts up some big numbers this year which is absolutely possible. If he balls out then I can totally see him going in the 1st.
That injury doesn't cancel out what he has done when he has been on the field. On 1 leg he had 439 yards on just 24 receptions and averaged 18 yards a catch in 7 games last year. While being hurt he was still on pace to put up similar numbers he had his freshmen year. And it isn't like he is coming off a acl so he will be fine.

Advertisement
That injury doesn't cancel out what he has done when he has been on the field. On 1 leg he had 439 yards on just 24 receptions and averaged 18 yards a catch in 7 games last year. While being hurt he was still on pace to put up similar numbers he had his freshmen year. And it isn't like he is coming off a acl so he will be fine.

You're not wrong. I always tend to under-value our potential draft picks, especially early. We have a potentially nasty WR corps this year.

What's the national WR board look like for next year's draft? AJ Brown and who else?

Just temper the expectations, everyone is a different situation but these projections had Brad Kayaa as a top 5 pick on their early draft board after his sophomore season.

Edit: not the same source as I previously thought

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
You're not wrong. I always tend to under-value our potential draft picks, especially early. We have a potentially nasty WR corps this year.
You not wrong for being like that because we always have a few players the fan base hypes up but don't get drafted high. Richards is legit and i think he gets it done this year.

Just temper the expectations, everyone is a different situation but this same source (Walter football) had Brad Kayaa as a top 5 pick on their early draft board after his sophomore season.
Richards and kaaya not even in the same bracket as far as talent.

Advertisement
Sills in front of Richards at receiver was all I needed to see.

Sills can play but how many times do we have to see a receiver from West Virginia get over valued (Kevin White the latest example, although to be fair injuries were out of control) and a Miami kid get undervalued?

Matt Miller is a fraud. Please show me what teams he worked for as an actual NFL scout. The fact so many people quote his garbage rankings is concerning. He has no real experience as an NFL scout. He has a twitter handle that has made him gain notoriety, that's it. Look at his resume' online, he hasn't worked for a single NFL team as a scout. He's a media guy, who claims to be a scouting expert.

Matt Miller is a fraud. Please show me what teams he worked for as an actual NFL scout. The fact so many people quote his garbage rankings is concerning. He has no real experience as an NFL scout. He has a twitter handle that has made him gain notoriety, that's it. Look at his resume' online, he hasn't worked for a single NFL team as a scout. He's a media guy, who claims to be a scouting expert.

That's true for basically all draft "experts".

What teams have Kiper/McShay worked for?

Advertisement
That's true for basically all draft "experts".

What teams have Kiper/McShay worked for?

Which one makes it seem like they were previously an NFL scout with a twitter handle that says "nfldraftscout"? If they are all elite at player evaluations, why do none of them get offered/take high level positions at NFL front offices? Let me give you a clue, the guys who are actually good at evaluating talent aren't working at Bleacher Report and/or ESPN..

Last edited:
That isn't what I said, nor was it even my point. But thanks for the analysis.
There is no point. Walter football is more accurate than all these other sites and guys like kiper and mcsshay. Yeah pre season they were high on kaaya and a lot of people were especially with richt coming in. During the year they moved him to 5th-7th round range and they were right.

Advertisement
Back