Miles To Go Before He Sleeps

UknowWhat

Senior
Time is flying... Shaq has one semester under his belt.... Did pretty good in the class room finishing with a 3.2 ... My wife and I wanted that to be a little bit higher, because we know this will more than likely be his easiest semester... But we understand the adjustment... He did big things on the field and during winter work out... very proud... I'm greedy.. wanting more on and off the field. I told him he can stop working when he is a bust in Canton... but until then you have miles to go before you sleep...

Advertisement
Yo Shaq pops, can you give us an idea of what the summer regime is like for Shaq? Is there a daily routine they have him on to get ready for Fall ball?

Outstanding. Thinking back to my freshman year I can imagine PLENTY of parents that would have killed for their kid to be posting a 3.2 the first semester in. I don't think many of us doubted that your kid would actually take advantage of the educational side of the scholarship. What's he looking to major in?

Last edited:
I'm really, really glad to see a young man with a family pushing him in the classroom. Football doesn't last forever, and that education will come in handy down the road.

Advertisement
You and your wife are good parents. In today's world not many parents take interest in their children. Shaq will do well and achieve all his dreams with mom and dads support!

I'm really, really glad to see a young man with a family pushing him in the classroom. Football doesn't last forever, and that education will come in handy down the road.

Absolutely true but it also doesn't hurt at all for the Kipers and Mcshays of the world to be yelling "This kid got it done in the classroom too!" as they're playing film of him demolishing some FSU punk ala Mike Barrow.

Advertisement
You and your wife are good parents. In today's world not many parents take interest in their children. Shaq will do well and achieve all his dreams with mom and dads support!

Wait, you mean parents matter? I thought it took a village. UknowWhat and wife have beaten the will of the entire Federal Government and our modern culture to accomplish this. Shaq is everything the gov't has been trying to destroy -- self reliant American built by a traditional family. Heck that might even be a crime at this moment.

Advertisement
Sleep and rest are key for physical recovery in football. I hope your son sleeps as much as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Quarterman,

I played baseball in college early 90's and was pre-med. a little advice for Shaq. See if he can take a few of his more challenging classes over the summer sessions. This allowed me to take 4 classes most semesters instead of 5 and it was an enormous help. The time constraints on D1 athletes suck up most of your free time. If I tried to fit organic chemistry and physics into my regular semesters, I would have never had the grades to make it to medical school. Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Mr. Quarterman,

I played baseball in college early 90's and was pre-med. a little advice for Shaq. See if he can take a few of his more challenging classes over the summer sessions. This allowed me to take 4 classes most semesters instead of 5 and it was an enormous help. The time constraints on D1 athletes suck up most of your free time. If I tried to fit organic chemistry and physics into my regular semesters, I would have never had the grades to make it to medical school. Go Canes!!!

You must thank god daily for Ecuadorean medical schools.

Actually I think most people get their highest GPA Junior-Senior year because you can finally take classes that are actually interesting and you have finally figured out everything you need to do to succeed.

For me Freshman yr was good, sophomore yr was ****, and the next two were really good. This is because Frosh-Soph yr I had to take classes like Phyiscs and Calc and all that.

Advertisement
Back