Miles To Go Before He Sleeps

Yo Shaq pops, can you give us an idea of what the summer regime is like for Shaq? Is there a daily routine they have him on to get ready for Fall ball?
Yes..they have a scheduled regiment for the summer and everyone has been given individual goals for ex. They want Shaq down 5 pounds and 5% bf...and they expect everyone to be in shape and ready to grind the first day of camp

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Outstanding. Thinking back to my freshman year I can imagine PLENTY of parents that would have killed for their kid to be posting a 3.2 the first semester in. I don't think many of us doubted that your kid would actually take advantage of the educational side of the scholarship. What's he looking to major in?
Business Administration with a concentration in Finance

Mr. Quarterman,

I played baseball in college early 90's and was pre-med. a little advice for Shaq. See if he can take a few of his more challenging classes over the summer sessions. This allowed me to take 4 classes most semesters instead of 5 and it was an enormous help. The time constraints on D1 athletes suck up most of your free time. If I tried to fit organic chemistry and physics into my regular semesters, I would have never had the grades to make it to medical school. Go Canes!!!
U are exactly right..and thats his plan.. The summer semesters are excellerated and don't allow any time for procastanation.

He can do better.

I can actually appreciate what you're saying - beyond the superficial meaning.

You get something done, there's always something else that needs doing. After that, something else. Thing is, Shaq seems to know that, he's a self-starter, and a great work ethic. Perfect? Naw, but he's working on it.

Advertisement
3.2 is just fine for a first college semester. He now knows what it takes to get good grades and as long as he values the education as much as the football because it will support him his whole life whereas football may not, he'll do just fine.

I heard Scott Kelly give speak a few weeks ago and he gave the best advice any parent can give their child. Dream big, work hard, and be proud of your successes.

repping just for the Frost reference. BTW, there's a Robert Frost headstone by the Memorial Building. He taught at UM back in the 20s-30s for a year or so.

Outstanding. Thinking back to my freshman year I can imagine PLENTY of parents that would have killed for their kid to be posting a 3.2 the first semester in. I don't think many of us doubted that your kid would actually take advantage of the educational side of the scholarship. What's he looking to major in?
Business Administration with a concentration in Finance

Good on you and Ms!! Appears you are trying to raise a productive citizen, one who contributes to the community around him. Tragically, one play amd football could be over, but education last forever. Regardless, he'llneed a solid academic foundation to nest succeed no matter what his chosen profession ends up...football...business...both.

Congrats...we need +1,000,000 more parents like you!

You and your wife are good parents. In today's world not many parents take interest in their children. Shaq will do well and achieve all his dreams with mom and dads support!

Wait, you mean parents matter? I thought it took a village. UknowWhat and wife have beaten the will of the entire Federal Government and our modern culture to accomplish this. Shaq is everything the gov't has been trying to destroy -- self reliant American built by a traditional family. Heck that might even be a crime at this moment.

Don't insult this man and his family with your obscure meaning to your political and social commentary. This man sharing with the collective here his joy as a parent and encouragement for his son to succeed in classroom and athletics.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back