Mike Smith.....

He looked slow and tentative compared to the Freshmen. Didn't look like a Miami backer to me. Maybe he did his job, but he'll look like he's in quicksand vs real speed. Miami will be where they need to be when Mike Smiths aren't in the two deep. I don't care if he'd start for other ACC teams

Funny the same kinda talk was put out there about Bernard Clark...George Mira Jr. was out for NC game. BC comes in and wins game MVP. He was supposed to be a liability.

Hey, I love Tiger, but I think he was still in HS that night. Some other kid, a Cuban I thing, came in and had game of his life.

Advertisement
Makes you wonder how critical the DL performance is for the LBs. Guys can just clean up whatever comes through or fly in on a rail.

Not really much to wonder about. It is all about Dline. Think about who we had up front when our LBs ruled the world. Those 330 lbs guards can't be smothering your LBs if they are trying to keep their QB from being drawn and quartered by hungry bears pulling each arm and leg different directions.

Splendid visuals.

Had high hopes for this kid out of HS, he was a demon pass rusher. Glad he's become serviceable at LB, we need him

He looked slow and tentative compared to the Freshmen. Didn't look like a Miami backer to me. Maybe he did his job, but he'll look like he's in quicksand vs real speed. Miami will be where they need to be when Mike Smiths aren't in the two deep. I don't care if he'd start for other ACC teams

Juwon Young would've been in front of him, so Mike Smith is technically our 3rd string MLB. That's a very deep LB group, especially if Jermaine Grace was still on the team as well. Not to mention Jamie Gordinier and Marques Gayot

Don't you know about "next man up"? It's the idea that anybody on your team can step into the starting spot with no drop in talent. All the great Miami teams were like that. You'd be down to your 3rd string guy and he'd be Ray Lewis. Your 4th string QB was Jim Kelly.

Makes you wonder how critical the DL performance is for the LBs. Guys can just clean up whatever comes through or fly in on a rail.

Not really much to wonder about. It is all about Dline. Think about who we had up front when our LBs ruled the world. Those 330 lbs guards can't be smothering your LBs if they are trying to keep their QB from being drawn and quartered by hungry bears pulling each arm and leg different directions.

Splendid visuals.

Thanks, I try.

Advertisement
For the love of God, we needed a couple of the 'bodies' to step up, and not just on special teams. If he can give 15-20 reps in the first 3, and most of the 4th (we blow them out) I'm cool with him.

I've always hoped Mike Smith would find a role here because he played mean and ate quarterbacks for dinner in high school. And like some of you, I saw him in on a couple of plays. Didn't look bad. Loved seeing it.

But I also saw him wooden and slow-footed in coverage multiple times, too, just FAU didn't capitalize. I'm rooting on Smith, but man, slow your praise. I suspect we'll all be mad at the dude a few weeks from now.

Uh, that's BS. Please provide video evidence of him being beaten in coverage multiple times.

Oh wait, it doesn't exist - just another poster looking for any reason to be negative

He got beat, they didn't throw at him. Please give me a day to cut together some footage for you.

Were people really wanting him to leave? He actually made a couple plays last year.

I've always hoped Mike Smith would find a role here because he played mean and ate quarterbacks for dinner in high school. And like some of you, I saw him in on a couple of plays. Didn't look bad. Loved seeing it.

But I also saw him wooden and slow-footed in coverage multiple times, too, just FAU didn't capitalize. I'm rooting on Smith, but man, slow your praise. I suspect we'll all be mad at the dude a few weeks from now.

Uh, that's BS. Please provide video evidence of him being beaten in coverage multiple times.

Oh wait, it doesn't exist - just another poster looking for any reason to be negative

He got beat, they didn't throw at him. Please give me a day to cut together some footage for you.

Also, I get the whole "**** the haters!" ****, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. I'm not that dude. That's why I miss the reputation points. I just didn't love some of what I saw and am discussing it on a forum designed for discussion. So blow me.

Advertisement

Also, I get the whole "**** the haters!" ****, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. I'm not that dude. That's why I miss the reputation points. I just didn't love some of what I saw and am discussing it on a forum designed for discussion. So blow me.

Its a cycle every year on the board. We're in the positive cycle right now where almost anything negative toward a player gets knocked, then it will 180 once we play some competition and some of the mediocre talent on this team get burned.

He was never a MLB in high school all he did was line up and rush the passer now he is being asked to do something else...Im not gonna hate on him because he was worth the scholarship and has talent, to me his best bet would be too get to 240 line up at DE and be a situalional pass rusher

dont care about his size...this kid should be in a 4 point stance coming off the end in 3rd and long

He was never a MLB in high school all he did was line up and rush the passer now he is being asked to do something else...Im not gonna hate on him because he was worth the scholarship and has talent, to me his best bet would be too get to 240 line up at DE and be a situalional pass rusher

He's being asked to do something much more similar to that. A gap is picked for him and his responsibility is to crush it. Straight downhill. It's not as "safe" as what we asked our guys to do over the last years, but it sure lends itself to faster play and less thinking from guys who grew up down here just going upfield.

Advertisement
Before a staff can complain about needing better players, they must make the players on the team reach their potential which is what is happening right now. These kids are not some slow lumber players from Idaho. They are back to attacking.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I thought he looked pretty decent as well. And he has dreads. That's worth 13.8 intimidation points during pre-game.

Can't give your honest opinion on here if it's negative. These guys get in their feelings. Everybody wearing a Cane uniform is a stud. Apparently you're not aware of this.

Funny the same kinda talk was put out there about Bernard Clark...George Mira Jr. was out for NC game. BC comes in and wins game MVP. He was supposed to be a liability.

Hey, I love Tiger, but I think he was still in HS that night. Some other kid, a Cuban I thing, came in and had game of his life.

Jay Fernandez

Can't give your honest opinion on here if it's negative. These guys get in their feelings. Everybody wearing a Cane uniform is a stud. Apparently you're not aware of this.

I'm fvcked

All I hear is the opposite

Advertisement
Back