Mike Smith will start in place of Pinckney

fincane

Senior
Pinckney is suspended for the half because of the targeting hit in the bowl game

Michael Jackson will start at one CB spot per Diaz

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good for Smith. He came on strong at the end of the year and I thought played very well. Far as I'm concerned let him play the whole game.

Jackson has been a pleasant surprise from Diaz's reports.

This is a really good sign considering it was Owens' job exiting the spring.

Seeing Perry juke Owens out of his Keds during practice last week was an omen.

The coaches have spoken highly of Jackson too. Another really good sign.

Kids are being developed and competition is fierce.

Coach rumph is definitely developing Michael Jackson very well it seems. Jackson was a talented kid coming out of Alabama. Had offers from Miami, lsu, Clemson and others .

Advertisement
If Rumph can get Jackson playing solid then that should officially end any talk about his skills as a coach. This kid was non-existant as of last year now hes starting? Good for him and good for Rumph who had ALOT of haters on here.

Seems like he is putting it all together. Recruiting skills? Check. Development skills? Check.

This staff is showing they don't play favorites. They're not afraid to play Golden's recruits if they show improvement in practice.

Owens is playing on one leg! I feel bad for the guy and I appreciate his trying, but it is clear he cannot get over that mental hurdle of the knee.

Advertisement

Owens is playing on one leg! I feel bad for the guy and I appreciate his trying, but it is clear he cannot get over that mental hurdle of the knee.

He'll play a lot.

Michael Jackson starting , Joe Jackson starting. Is there any Titos or Jermaine Jacksons in the 18 class?

Shoutout to Mike Jack man earning the spot. He always had the physical attributes looks like mentally the game slowed down for him.

Good for that kid.

Advertisement
If Rumph can get Jackson playing solid then that should officially end any talk about his skills as a coach. This kid was non-existant as of last year now hes starting? Good for him and good for Rumph who had ALOT of haters on here.

Seems like he is putting it all together. Recruiting skills? Check. Development skills? Check.

Woah could you imagine if rumph got Michael Jackson drafted

Advertisement
Smith, Redwine and Jackson starting over fan favorites Pinckney, Young, Dean, Carter, Finley, Bandy....this is GREAT

Really happy for Mike Smith, he's really improved a lot these 2 years under Coach Diaz.

The fact they feel comfortable enough to play him at Will LB speaks volumes about his progression.

Even though its just for half vs Bethune, but what it signals is that Diaz trusts him a great deal.

Lick shot for Bad mon dem!

Last edited:
When is the last time we had players literally being a JAG to day 1 starter? I think this shows the program is in full gear and the kids are buying into coaching and training. It's a very positive sign that kids are working their asses off competing and getting better.

I think we see a gritty team this year!!!

Advertisement
Back