Mike Smith commits

Advertisement
8.gif

Wonderful news to wake up to. Indian food had me all sorts of banged up last night so this is a wonderful little rainbow.

Throw a redshirt on this kid and teach him how to cover! Looks like a **** of a ballplayer to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mike Smith is a such a golden guy. he has that high motor, golden dont care about having to coach him up if he has a high motor.

Mike Smith is a such a golden guy. he has that high motor, golden dont care about having to coach him up if he has a high motor.

Also he is exactly the guy Butch talks about when he envisions guys 3 or 4 years from now, physically. The kid beasts out despite being undersized. You can always add weight and strength but you can't teach that raw ability he has.

Have him link up with Arab$ and get on his workout plan. Those two could be terrifying.

Im not gonna be a hypocrite and say I am jumping for joy at his commitment. If he was from Miami Krop and not MNW would we still be enamored with him? I like his motor and his heart and his aggression but i just see alot of Marcus Robinson/Jerrell Weaver in this guy. (Remember, the Weavers brothers led Dade County in sacks too there senior years)

What is he? He is gonna be an OLB? DE? People throw the word "hybrid" around but true "hybrids" are freak athletes which Smith is not. Can he put on the weight necessary? I know we need pash rushers BAD but I am nervous about this guy. I will happily eat crow if I am wrong. Proceed to bash and neg me to oblivion..

Advertisement
Im not gonna be a hypocrite and say I am jumping for joy at his commitment. If he was from Miami Krop and not MNW would we still be enamored with him? I like his motor and his heart and his aggression but i just see alot of Marcus Robinson/Jerrell Weaver in this guy. (Remember, the Weavers brothers led Dade County in sacks too there senior years)

What is he? He is gonna be an OLB? DE? People throw the word "hybrid" around but true "hybrids" are freak athletes which Smith is not. Can he put on the weight necessary? I know we need pash rushers BAD but I am nervous about this guy. I will happily eat crow if I am wrong. Proceed to bash and neg me to oblivion..

I can't say **** since I thought Marcus Robinson was going to be a superstar.

I try not to get caught up comparing kids, especially since Smith has so much room for growth. The key is getting these guys on the field when they are ready, rather than forcing them.

Kaayas tweet

@TrinidadBrad: Great to hear that Mike Smith from NW committed! #TheU

Like i said the kid is doing what the QB of the class should do

Advertisement
There's always room for the Marcus Robinson's of the world if they are used right.

Pretty sure we were dying for a guy like Robinson last year.

in defense of marcus, he was playing before ready as a fresh. then he was in doghouse, then playing, in doghouse nad then playing. he was a de then a lb, then a de then an lb. that staff messed those kids up. come on, kelvin cain played mlb, de, olb. shayon green was a mlb. they were throwing crap and the wall and hoping it sticked. You dotn think Olivier Vernon would have developed more in 3 years under this staff? look how they turned jacory around in one year.

There's always room for the Marcus Robinson's of the world if they are used right.

Pretty sure we were dying for a guy like Robinson last year.

Also its worth considering how a guy like MRob would have fit in the "plan" of our defense. He never really adapted to the weight gain/DE move but in a more versatile defense he could have found a home.

Coulda woulda shoulda but I'm not worried about Smith finding a spot that suits him.

in defense of marcus, he was playing before ready as a fresh. then he was in doghouse, then playing, in doghouse nad then playing. he was a de then a lb, then a de then an lb. that staff messed those kids up. come on, kelvin cain played mlb, de, olb. shayon green was a mlb. they were throwing crap and the wall and hoping it sticked. You dotn think Olivier Vernon would have developed more in 3 years under this staff? look how they turned jacory around in one year.

He was hurt A LOT too. Byproduct of bad weight gain, poor conditioning program, and playing too early.

Advertisement
Back