Mike Ryan on Lebatard Show 11/29

Advertisement
Exactly. The sky-is-falling fan base in the cause for chaos right now; because they want things done on their timeline.

Would've liked Jurich, but not a shock he's out due to his baggage. UM isn't very ballsy when it comes to bringing in hires that have any negative history.

Mario is headed to the Pac-12 title game and won't be an option until Sunday December 5th—so what does it matter if Diaz is fired yesterday or next week?

The only issue is if Manny ISN'T fired—but this belief that one extra week is going to make all the difference in the world is laughable.

Cristobal wouldn't take this job until the Pac-12 title game is in the rearview—so long as Miami is working on things behind the scenes, fans are helping nothing by losing their mind every hour on the hour that "something" isn't happening.
What if I told you that the sky is actually falling…

the u part three

So here is how he broke it down.

Positive

What he is speculating--->
Mario is the Plan A.
Miami hasnt fired Manny as of now is part of the plan.
This is because Mario would not want to be a part of answering questions about Miami Job this week
before the PAC 12 championship game.
Pointed out that OC for him leaving Lincon coming to USC makes things right for a move.
Everything is in place for all of this but...

Negative

Nothing on Lane, says that he has not heard anything about him in weeks.
Jurich is officially out!
States old head BOT leaking Manny positive news over the weekend is an attach of this plan.
Miami is looking very lost due to the way they have handled things. Every other program making moves and very buttoned up.
Worried that damage is getting insurmountable.
Says that Miami has a way of always ******** up these things even with everything in place.

Aside--> Everyone missed the tea leaves that Lincon Riley has been leaving to USC for awhile. Has been exclusively recruiting the West Coast for months.
So if Mario doesn't want the job, we stick with Manny? They won't even consider Lane?

Advertisement
Mario is running away from Riley is a good thing? I kinda don’t see that as a positive. Just bugs me. I hope that isn’t in his decision process.

Question singular?

You may not like it, but this is reality. Distractions are real, distractions lead to upset losses.
Here’s a singular question. Was Mario’s trip this weekend to Sofl only to see his ailing Mama. Or, was there a side stop with the U? Riddle me this Batman.

Enough with the old canes crap already.. Just go out and get the best qualified guys for the AD and Coaching job. We don't need to have Miami guys. We need great up and coming coaches with vision to take this team to the ACC championship to start and the CFP after that. I don't care if the coach comes from D3 just get a **** good coach for once.

Advertisement
I don’t get the love fest with Jurich here. How many AD jobs have opened up in the last couple years and dude is still playing golf. Seems like his time has come and gone.
It's a proven, available, interested, affordable, option.

Most of us would be fine if we said no thanks to the baggage & went out & landed a respected AD from another program..

Man, Cristobal better be able to walk on water if half of these rumours are true.

'Not announcing Diaz's firing because it might lead to an uncomfortable question in a press conference for Cristobal?'

****outthere.
Greatest book about Machiavelli: The Prince (a must read)

Book being written about Miami's BoT: The Dunces: A Classic Tale of Muppetvellianism (soon to be NYT best seller)

Advertisement
Someone let me know when Miami is ready to get serious again. I don't think I can take much more of this administrative amateur hour. We haven't been in this good of a position for hirings in decades and we're really gonna ***** it up.

The one thing Cristobal has consistently said he wants from Miami is a competent and independent AD. If you wanted to save Manny, then giving Mario a front seat view of the **** show with the rest of us this week was the way.

Guy hasn't worked in college athletics in 4 years and became god around these parts the past 2 weeks. It's honestly hilarious
Honestly what he did at Louisville was remarkable.

However, hiring him would have made us the bad guys. I knew we weren't ready for that step.

Advertisement
Guy hasn't worked in college athletics in 4 years and became god around these parts the past 2 weeks. It's honestly hilarious
For me I have no bias toward Jurich or anyone in particular - what I find telling is that they didn’t take the opportunity to even talk to him. Whether that’s a result of Turnkey’s ultimatum or not it just seems like a chicken **** move IMO. What would it hurt to at least hear him out if he’s interested in the job?

I think ultimately what is feeding this frenzy is a history of completely bungling these situations in the past.

My main issue - not only is our football program ****ed, but our baseball program is languishing and the hoops team keeps floundering too. This decision should not just be about football. Bring in an experienced AD at the top, and implement a defacto GM (Alonzo) in the football program if you are dead set on making him part of the program. I’m down with that. He’s got tons of valuable talent scouting experience. But to insert a guy like Alonzo in as director of athletics - I just don’t see how it would work.

Man, Cristobal better be able to walk on water if half of these rumours are true.

'Not announcing Diaz's firing because it might lead to an uncomfortable question in a press conference for Cristobal?'

****outthere.
Not saying that is the case here but USC did the same thing with Lincoln. You really thing that whole thing came together on Sunday morning the day after his OU regular season ended? That was in the works for a while and likely a done deal. They just waited to announce it.

Advertisement
Back