Mike Ryan on Lebatard Show 11/29

Advertisement
So here is how he broke it down.

Positive

What he is speculating--->
Mario is the Plan A.
Miami hasnt fired Manny as of now is part of the plan.
This is because Mario would not want to be a part of answering questions about Miami Job this week
before the PAC 12 championship game.
Pointed out that OC for him leaving Lincon coming to USC makes things right for a move.
Everything is in place for all of this but...

Negative

Nothing on Lane, says that he has not heard anything about him in weeks.
Jurich is officially out!
States old head BOT leaking Manny positive news over the weekend is an attach of this plan.
Miami is looking very lost due to the way they have handled things. Every other program making moves and very buttoned up.
Worried that damage is getting insurmountable.
Says that Miami has a way of always ******** up these things even with everything in place.

Aside--> Everyone missed the tea leaves that Lincon Riley has been leaving to USC for awhile. Has been exclusively recruiting the West Coast for months.
For the bolded reasons above, I will forever be skeptical about anything good happening to this program. The old head BoT members are an inoperable cancer that is just sitting next to the heart of our program constantly attacking it from the inside. Our only hope is for a miracle cure that somehow eradicates these pieces of human excrement.

Miami is looking very lost due to the way they have handled things. Every other program making moves and very buttoned up.
Worried that damage is getting insurmountable.

no ****, this is what I have been saying for months. They gave him every opportunity to save his job and are just hoping the right coach falls in their lap, instead of being proactive. Usc got Riley because they didn’t wait to fire Helton, Miami options get fewer by the day.

Advertisement
So here is how he broke it down.

Positive

Miami hasnt fired Manny as of now is part of the plan.
This is because Mario would not want to be a part of answering questions about Miami Job this week
before the PAC 12 championship game.

Been hinting about this for a while. Peaceful transition. People screaming for Manny's head on a pike three days ago or three weeks ago...fail to take into account the AVALANCHE of questions that will come Mario's way as the OBVIOUS "makes sense" top candidate at UM.

Let the guy coach in peace. There's a whole (relatively) quiet month in between conference championships and big bowl games.

km_20211122-1_1080p(2)_1.gif

You have to believe that if Highsmith is AD (which now looks 99% likely) he is firing Diaz. From what has been written about him, Highsmith isn't a puppet. He also knows Diaz outright refused his help when Lambert said he'd pay Highsmiths salary to serve as an advisor to the program.

Advertisement
Sounds like we are throwing out and hanging on to any scenario imaginable that would help justify the timing of this disaster to me. Then once the game is over Saturday, it will be something new. “Well, we have to wait for Mario to coach in the bowl game guys duh!” Foh, lol.

The best predictor of future behavior is ...

Man, Cristobal better be able to walk on water if half of these rumours are true.

'Not announcing Diaz's firing because it might lead to an uncomfortable question in a press conference for Cristobal?'

****outthere.

Question singular?

You may not like it, but this is reality. Distractions are real, distractions lead to upset losses.

Will reserve my opinion until the moves are officially made, I will quip though that I hope whoever(s) nixed Jurich coming here can go choke on a syphilis seeped blanket.

This abortion of an administration isn't gonna have me stress about it one way or the other.

Advertisement
Perhaps Mario & Alonzo are a package deal. Meh. Would hope he will be bringing a Tony Hernandez type in as well.

/Still would rather see Alonzo as Director of Football Ops & get a guy like Coyle as AD.

Advertisement
I’ve been in the camp of thinking the silence on Manny and Mario has been part of the plan the whole time.
And if there’s one thing you can say about Manny is that he’s been incredibly professional during the last couple weeks. Most will **** on that point but it helps because I’m not sure other coaches in the media would sit there and take the questions he’s been asked about his AD and his job in such stride.
Mario to the U Monday

So now, Miami is holding on to Manny as a favor to Mario, so he doesn’t have to deal with distractions? Lol and then if Mario wins the conference title, are we going to hold onto Manny so Mario can coach the bowl game? And then what if Mario says no thanks?

Advertisement
Back