MIKE RUMPH TEACHING PRESS TECHNIQUE....

BigDikCane

All-American
Just watch how good our dbs will be this season...

[video=youtube;IAvr1Zyk_OM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvr1Zyk_OM&list=TLGG6SaDzrbZNcQxNTA2MjAxNw[/video]

Advertisement
The two Corners he's working with are Stanley Garner & Jaden Davis.

Love it. You can tell that he's good at relaying his knowledge down to the kids. He explains things very well.

Poor guy is gonna have to teach that **** from scratch to all these South FLA kids cause all they're taught to do in high school is maul the **** out of the WR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's about time we had some actual coaches around here. You know, guys who actually help the players improve.

Advertisement
I remember guys on here raving about Kevin Beard and Randy Melvin YouTube coaching videos a couple years ago.

I remember guys on here raving about Kevin Beard and Randy Melvin YouTube coaching videos a couple years ago.

What mistakes did our corners make last year to illicit these comparisons? We played an undersized Elder, a Grad Transfer who didn't start at Texas and had never played the position, a guy who now plays safety for us, and a freshman in Young. And despite the obvious lack of talent, I can't think of many mistakes we made in the secondary, all the while getting two guys drafted and finishing with a pass defense ranked 13th in yards per attempt. I'd say that's a pretty good reflection of good coaching.

What mistakes did our corners make last year to illicit these comparisons? We played an undersized Elder, a Grad Transfer who didn't start at Texas and had never played the position, a guy who now plays safety for us, and a freshman in Young. And despite the obvious lack of talent, I can't think of many mistakes we made in the secondary, all the while getting two guys drafted and finishing with a pass defense ranked 13th in yards per attempt. I'd say that's a pretty good reflection of good coaching.

First, I made no comparison. It was a true comment that I made.

Second, you are vastly underestimating the talent in our secondary last year. Corn is a bad ***. Colbert is another bad *** currently in the NFL. Jenkins was a mid round NFL pick and a very good Safety. Young is a big-time talent. Where's all this lack of talent?

You guys get too worked up too quickly over coaches. Let's see what Rumph does this year without all those seniors in the secondary. He's got a lot of talent to work with this year too. And the talent will be flooding in even heavier in 2018.

Advertisement

Second, you are vastly underestimating the talent in our secondary last year. Corn is a bad ***. Colbert is another bad *** currently in the NFL. Jenkins was a mid round NFL pick and a very good Safety. Young is a big-time talent. Where's all this lack of talent?

You guys get too worked up too quickly over coaches. Let's see what Rumph does this year without all those seniors in the secondary. He's got a lot of talent to work with this year too. And the talent will be flooding in even heavier in 2018.

He turned Colbert in to an NFL guy. Banda did the same with Jenkins. Maybe stating the two don't have talent is excessive, but neither was on track to be an NFL player until our staff got our hands on them. Fire up that Jenkins Cincinnati tape and the player he became last year was miles apart.

He turned Colbert in to an NFL guy. Banda did the same with Jenkins. Maybe stating the two don't have talent is excessive, but neither was on track to be an NFL player until our staff got our hands on them. Fire up that Jenkins Cincinnati tape and the player he became last year was miles apart.

Jenkins was a good player the whole time he was here. He was good as a freshmans. He missed some tackles along the way (including last season), but the few bad plays didn't define him any more than Meriweather getting trucked by Otis Wilson defined him.

Colbert is 6'2, tough as nails and runs 4.4. Charlie ******* tossed him aside in his ill-fated youth movement. ******* got fired for being an idiot. I won't judge Colbertson's skill set based on ******* being an idiot and tossing him aside. Taking a guy with Colbertson's skills and attitude and making him a good CB was no great feat.

Rumph looks like a nice CB coach. He should be. It's all he does. He doesn't recruit, and he doesn't even coach the Safeties. If he can't coach up 6 guys, then he should find a new profession.

Love it. You can tell that he's good at relaying his knowledge down to the kids. He explains things very well.

Poor guy is gonna have to teach that **** from scratch to all these South FLA kids cause all they're taught to do in high school is maul the **** out of the WR.

that's hilarious, mostly because it's true!

On top of his coaching ability, the important thing is him being able to work with two of the top corner backs in South Florida and develop that relationship.

Advertisement
Back