Mike rumph comment from Nebraska game

1000000% right this fanbase is a front running fanbAse its miami after all the only real fans are the ones that went to the school from other areas of the country

lol i went to UM and I'm from miami. anyone sticking around this team after the last decade is about as diehard as you can get. why dont you stfu and take your philly *** back to broad st. you didnt even know canes football until u got to the school like most of my out of state friends from undergrad.

Advertisement
Rumph speaks with a forked tongue. He's whining about the fans being fed up with this 5 year diarrhea party. Yet all of his best players never want anything to do with UM.

In case you're that dumb, Miguel, just ask your players why UM fans are sick of this disaster.

this. none of their top guys want to come here but he wants to hate on the fans.

I'm done quibbling with each other on the state of the Canes. I'm more ****ed at the outside world and the lack of respect our team is getting compared to other garbage or mediocre teams. Just look at the polls. Now, I'm not saying we are "all-world" or trying to pretend that the meltdown that almost was didn't happen, but you have a garbage Oregon team still ranked in the polls over us? And the nasty Gators possibly ranked in the top 25 over us? Folks acting like we are the only team that has played cupcakes this season. Gators have beat a garbage Kentucky team, a garbage FCS team, barely beat a more than mediocre Tenessee squad yesterday. We deserve to be ranked as much as these 2 garbage teams. I know it's a self correcting problem as long as we keep winning, but if we are not ranked in the top 25 after beating Cincy as we head into Tally, I will be ******* ****ed.

Last edited:
Rumph speaks with a forked tongue. He's whining about the fans being fed up with this 5 year diarrhea party. Yet all of his best players never want anything to do with UM.

In case you're that dumb, Miguel, just ask your players why UM fans are sick of this disaster.

this. none of their top guys want to come here but he wants to hate on the fans.

Doesn't compute does it? If he's setting such a rah rah Go Canes! environment around his program, then certainly we wouldn't miss out on all of his best players. He's a dude fronting to the media in order to keep his name in the mix for some job at UM. In reality, he's got nothing good to say about the state of the program or Folden. If he did, then his players would be flocking to UM.

Advertisement
I'm done quibbling with each other on the state of the Canes. I'm more ****ed at the outside world and the lack of respect our team is getting compared to other garbage or mediocre teams. Just look at the polls. Now, I'm not saying we are "all-world" or trying to pretend that the meltdown that almost was didn't happen, but you have a garbage Oregan team still ranked in the polls over us? And the nasty Gators possibly ranked in the top 25 over us? Folks acting like we are the only team that has played cupcakes this season. Gators have beat a garbage Kentucky team, a garbage FCS team, barely beat a more than mediocre Tenessee squad yesterday. We deserve to be ranked as much as these 2 garbage teams. I know it's a self correcting problem as long as we keep winning, but if we are not ranked in the top 25 after beating Cincy as we head into Tally, I will be ******* ****ed.

Gators beat two teams that are better than the line team we beat. We're not good. Did Bethune and fau convince you enough that this team could and should be ranked?

I don't hate Golden because he is a bad coach.

I do.

I don't hate him because his teams collapse constantly down the stretch.

I do.

I hate him because he's an egotistical windbag that has been talking down to the fanbase for 4 ******* years while he flails away at learning how to be a coach.

I hate his schtick too. But I don't think he's trying to "learn" anything.

Well I should say that that hatred about him sucking at his job isn't at the top of my list. Yeah it's part of it but I hate him for a far more pure, fundamental reason.

I'm done quibbling with each other on the state of the Canes. I'm more ****ed at the outside world and the lack of respect our team is getting compared to other garbage or mediocre teams. Just look at the polls. Now, I'm not saying we are "all-world" or trying to pretend that the meltdown that almost was didn't happen, but you have a garbage Oregan team still ranked in the polls over us? And the nasty Gators possibly ranked in the top 25 over us? Folks acting like we are the only team that has played cupcakes this season. Gators have beat a garbage Kentucky team, a garbage FCS team, barely beat a more than mediocre Tenessee squad yesterday. We deserve to be ranked as much as these 2 garbage teams. I know it's a self correcting problem as long as we keep winning, but if we are not ranked in the top 25 after beating Cincy as we head into Tally, I will be ******* ****ed.

I don't want to be ranked until we prove we can STAY there.

I'm done quibbling with each other on the state of the Canes. I'm more ****ed at the outside world and the lack of respect our team is getting compared to other garbage or mediocre teams. Just look at the polls. Now, I'm not saying we are "all-world" or trying to pretend that the meltdown that almost was didn't happen, but you have a garbage Oregan team still ranked in the polls over us? And the nasty Gators possibly ranked in the top 25 over us? Folks acting like we are the only team that has played cupcakes this season. Gators have beat a garbage Kentucky team, a garbage FCS team, barely beat a more than mediocre Tenessee squad yesterday. We deserve to be ranked as much as these 2 garbage teams. I know it's a self correcting problem as long as we keep winning, but if we are not ranked in the top 25 after beating Cincy as we head into Tally, I will be ****ing ****ed.

Gators beat two teams that are better than the line team we beat. We're not good. Did Bethune and fau convince you enough that this team could and should be ranked?

Im not saying that our slate is better, but all things aside, I don't think their schedule thus far is any more difficult or competitive. They beat 2 garbage teams from the SEC... And barely at that. I would say that none of us should be ranked, but the fact that you have them ranked for their wins, and other teams like Missouri in last weeks poll is straight garbage. If they deserve a ranking in the eyes of the pollsters, so do we. I think once we beat Cincy, we should at least get the #25 ranking.

Advertisement
I'm done quibbling with each other on the state of the Canes. I'm more ****ed at the outside world and the lack of respect our team is getting compared to other garbage or mediocre teams. Just look at the polls. Now, I'm not saying we are "all-world" or trying to pretend that the meltdown that almost was didn't happen, but you have a garbage Oregan team still ranked in the polls over us? And the nasty Gators possibly ranked in the top 25 over us? Folks acting like we are the only team that has played cupcakes this season. Gators have beat a garbage Kentucky team, a garbage FCS team, barely beat a more than mediocre Tenessee squad yesterday. We deserve to be ranked as much as these 2 garbage teams. I know it's a self correcting problem as long as we keep winning, but if we are not ranked in the top 25 after beating Cincy as we head into Tally, I will be ****ing ****ed.

I don't want to be ranked until we prove we can STAY there.

I will take a ranking after we beat Cincy. Going into Tally with a little number before our name will help the kids start believing that they can do something good this season regardless of the garbage at coaching sometimes. I'm tired and just want a good season finally. Want our team to get us excited about something again. Regardless of the crappy coaching.

Im not saying that our slate is better, but all things aside, I don't think their schedule thus far is any more difficult or competitive. They beat 2 garbage teams from the SEC... And barely at that. I would say that none of us should be ranked, but the fact that you have them ranked for their wins, and other teams like Missouri in last weeks poll is straight garbage. If they deserve a ranking in the eyes of the pollsters, so do we. I think once we beat Cincy, we should at least get the #25 ranking.

LOL. their schedule has been more competitive than FAU and bethune. don't kid yourself. we don't deserve a ranking for beating bethune, blowing the Nebraska lead, and struggling w FAU. they look like a 6 win team as well (most likely 7 looking at their schedule) and the ranking should fix itself after Ole mIss

Advertisement
this makes me happy. the entire situation is so toxic that he can't be the coach next season. even this stupid admin knows they made a big mistake by allowing him to coach this team this year.

this makes me happy. the entire situation is so toxic that he can't be the coach next season. even this stupid admin knows they made a big mistake by allowing him to coach this team this year.

If they did now know, they'd fire him RIGHT NOW. I don't believe the BOT is, collectively, as smart as Forrest Gump.

Advertisement
Just pointing out a little hypocrisy (this comment does not necessarily portray my opinion):

Everyone jumps on AG for getting conservative with leads. Everyone hammered him after FSU. Against Nebraska we picked up a big early lead and decided to keep our foot on the pedal. Our offense looked the same, even deep into the 3rd/early 4th. If we convert one of those five redzone trips into a TD, Kaaya doesn't throw an INT in the endzone, or we don't get a long TD play called back, then the game would have ended way before those late game shenanigans.

On the other hand, if we dial back the tempo and get our running game moving at some point in the 4th, then those late game shenanigans wouldn't have have happened. Rumph has a point in the sense that AG can do nothing right at this point. Can you blame us, though? I can appreciate the decision to stay aggressive, but at a certain point we needed to dial things back a little bit and trust our run game. One or two first downs on the ground would have sealed that game.

...on to the next one.

Just pointing out a little hypocrisy (this comment does not necessarily portray my opinion):

Everyone jumps on AG for getting conservative with leads. Everyone hammered him after FSU. Against Nebraska we picked up a big early lead and decided to keep our foot on the pedal. Our offense looked the same, even deep into the 3rd/early 4th. If we convert one of those five redzone trips into a TD, Kaaya doesn't throw an INT in the endzone, or we don't get a long TD play called back, then the game would have ended way before those late game shenanigans.

On the other hand, if we dial back the tempo and get our running game moving at some point in the 4th, then those late game shenanigans wouldn't have have happened. Rumph has a point in the sense that AG can do nothing right at this point. Can you blame us, though? I can appreciate the decision to stay aggressive, but at a certain point we needed to dial things back a little bit and trust our run game. One or two first downs on the ground would have sealed that game.

...on to the next one.

He can tuck tail and resign

...on to the next one.

I think the most appropriate complaint is that Al Golden has not shown the ability to change gears effectively. He doesn't seem to know how to keep his foot on the gas or when to wind the clock. For instance, in the Nebraska game, lots of people have mentioned how we still kept throwing the ball, etc. Many have pointed to that as the evidence for how he remained "aggressive."

Hardly anyone has talked about how he was still allowing his offense to snap the ball with 15-20 seconds on the clock. You can keep your play calling aggressive and wind the clock the down at the exact same time. NFL teams do it all the time. Up tempo teams like Green Bay and New England blend various speeds as needed based on scenario(s).

We have some evidence of being pretty decent with planning. However, we have tons of evidence of being terrible with scenarios. I think Al Golden can definitely do certain things where people wouldn't complain: one of them is to beat teams soundly (like finishing off Nebraska) and another is to win meaningful games. Until he does either, I think complaints will only grow louder because evidence continues to build.

He has a track record now. And, it's not the good kind. We'll see if he ever decides to change his approach and our results change.

...on to the next one.

I think the most appropriate complaint is that Al Golden has not shown the ability to change gears effectively. He doesn't seem to know how to keep his foot on the gas or when to wind the clock. For instance, in the Nebraska game, lots of people have mentioned how we still kept throwing the ball, etc. Many have pointed to that as the evidence for how he remained "aggressive."

Hardly anyone has talked about how he was still allowing his offense to snap the ball with 15-20 seconds on the clock. You can keep your play calling aggressive and wind the clock the down at the exact same time. NFL teams do it all the time. Up tempo teams like Green Bay and New England blend various speeds as needed based on scenario(s).

Exactly!

Advertisement
Back