Mike Pinckney vs. Duke

View as article
Advertisement
mike smith was named the starter. forget that pinkney was declared ineligible for the 1st half of the 1st game.

Advertisement
Our 2016 recruiting class was grossly underrated. Our best Wr, Lb, Dl and Db are all from that class imo.

Didn't realize he was lined up on the opposite hash on his interception. He covered a ton of ground on that play. Impressive.

you know what I like most about that was not even the interception

from 58 sec mark to 101, in that play he does not even move until he has made absolute sure where the ball is

no flinches, nothing

Advertisement
Before the season started I felt zach was a better player... Still too early..... But crow may be my meal of choice so far

you know what I like most about that was not even the interception

from 58 sec mark to 101, in that play he does not even move until he has made absolute sure where the ball is

no flinches, nothing
Yeah he seems to do that quite a bit. Like a Leveon Bell Linebacker.

Advertisement
I think some of it is position for McCloud, the plays just haven't been coming his way. But I also think Pinckney could have the best instincts we have seen in a long time. He has a flair for the big play that is just not a coincidence. He is also a fast dude. It goes back to what papa shaw was saying that his body is just different than Shaqs and Zachs. But he obviously is in great shape just by the way he moves on the field. Guy is a nightmare for sure! I think this FSU game will be the time for Zach to shine, they will try to stay away from #56 for sure..... He's just been making too many plays!

Anybody thinking that McCloud was the better LB coming into this season better put that crack pipe down!

56 was head and shoulders better than any of our backers last season.

Same crap happened when he was in high school, even though his film showed him to be the most instinctive and consistent out of the guys that we signed that year (Shaq, McCloud).

Shaq had good film as well, but McCloud’s film was underwhelming. He is a thumper, no doubt about it. But he looked slow and had nowhere near the instincts of the other 2 coming out of high school.

These are the same idgets that said AR15 was too slow and not ranked high enough when he first commited to us and they saw his JR film, even though he was already a baller.

Advertisement
What we got in Quarterman and Pickney is special. They just keep progressing from their impressive freshman year. McCloud on the other hand looks lost. Don't if it's because he's usually positioned outside covering the slot or what but he's been the weak spot of the LB core.

Also really impressed with the whole defensive performance against Duke in terms of tackling. Can't remember any missed tackles really.

Pinckney is an absolute monster. The young man spends the offseason chilling on a bike pedaling with one foot, but the moment he gets in a game he's a frontrunner for defensive MVP. His natural reliance on football instinct can't be taught.

Advertisement
Back