MIKE PINCKNEY SAYS COLLEGE FOOTBALL DOESN'T WANT MIAMI

That's right Mike. We destroyed programs and conferences 30 years ago and they remember. It is wonderful news that these kids understand that already. Keeping that edge is so important. We need to be hated.

Advertisement
That's right Mike. We destroyed programs and conferences 30 years ago and they remember. It is wonderful news that these kids understand that already. Keeping that edge is so important. We need to be hated.

But for real I wonder why we have so much hate coming our way. It doesn't really make any sense.

Richt is a good dude who runs a tight ship. Our players are held accountable and by and large stay out of trouble. The university is very selective and has excellent academic programs. It's a very diverse and international university. We seem to have basically the same setup (although in a better neighborhood) as USC and they get fellated by the media.

The hate is unfair. But F it, if they're gonna hate we should give them something to hate by beating everyone.

Our biggest concern will be the ACC refs going forward. As we continue to improve, the one-sided officiating will get even more one-sided.

We aren't really even villains though. We just have a unique setup and a lot of cool mfers. Rest of the country is a little jealous. Compared to the hate we get we have a remarkably clean team in terms of graduation rates, off-field, community involvement etc. The university is much better than most of our competition as well.

We're not really the "bad guys" they want us to be. Just have a lot of swag. It drives them nuts

I'll bet they hate the chain. In fact, I didn't like it...at first. I've gotten used to it. I guess I've been away from Miami for too long.

Our biggest concern will be the ACC refs going forward. As we continue to improve, the one-sided officiating will get even more one-sided.

Can't put it in the hands of the refs. Once we get that good then we a problem for real!!!!

Advertisement

But for real I wonder why we have so much hate coming our way. It doesn't really make any sense.

Richt is a good dude who runs a tight ship. Our players are held accountable and by and large stay out of trouble. The university is very selective and has excellent academic programs. It's a very diverse and international university. We seem to have basically the same setup (although in a better neighborhood) as USC and they get fellated by the media.

The hate is unfair. But F it, if they're gonna hate we should give them something to hate by beating everyone.

The world doesn't like swag, especially swag by young black kids, and especially not with crazy hair and whatever. Now, I'm not saying I don't like it...I'm just saying how the rest of the world reacts. I've lived outside of south Florida for years, and I remember the arguments I used to have with people all over the country when i defended our team in the '80's and early '90's. People just assumed, and probably still do, that our team is a bunch of thugs. This might really come back up the week before we play Notre Dame.

The world doesn't like swag, especially swag by young black kids, and especially not with crazy hair and whatever. Now, I'm not saying I don't like it...I'm just saying how the rest of the world reacts. I've lived outside of south Florida for years, and I remember the arguments I used to have with people all over the country when i defended our team in the '80's and early '90's. People just assumed, and probably still do, that our team is a bunch of thugs. This might really come back up the week before we play Notre Dame.

It definitely is watch

How do Florida (who have legit murderers, thieves, whatever you can name), Bama (holding work with unregistered weapons), and basically every other team dodge the same cheap heat? You mean to tell me that the other teams are all Eagle Scouts. FOH with that.

Yeah, most players are young black men. Same as every other team. Most of them are also good students and excellent young men. They have a little fun sometimes with chains as a motivational tool. That's "thuggin" it? Weak sauce by the media

Advertisement
I swear to God, if we should back into the ACCCG and by some miracle upend Clemson, there’s going to be **** to Pay.

I'M TRYING TO STAY CALM BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE US FINISH WHAT WE'RE STARTING. BUT IT'S HARD TO STAY CALM WHEN I CAN SEE US ON THE PRECIPICE OF GREATNESS.

After the past 12+ years we have endured. we all need to appreciate what’s happening!

We were pretty arrogant back in the day but we backed it up . When Coker was coach we were up 35-7 on Syracuse in their dome and our punter Capshaw threw a fake punt toss to Sean Taylor who scored. Coker had nothing to do with it .That was between Capshaw and Taylor .We had major swag but backed it up.
No more 3 yds and a cloud of dust .The Canes brought versatility on offense and speed on defense and dominated college football. They still hate us for it. But we were no worse than UF or FSU in behavior we just were more successful so we had to be punished.
I do feel Richt may get more respect from the refs and thats a good thing.The ACC should ref these games fairly -especially since we are one of their hopes for a playoff team.

Welcome to the party Pinckney please bring your friends and crash this ,nobody wants us but we crashing this bich regardless

Advertisement

JJ has graduation rates equal to psu while St. Bobby has one equal to OU. Didn't matter. We where thugs and they were heroes. The difference was not what people point to, it never is. OU were the bad boys before us and they never got equal hate. The reason was they were part of the establishment and the football program was submissive to the university and owes its success to the boosters and institution. Their misbehavior sanctioned. Our program, post Howard, was renegade. It came from the kids themselves. Kelly started the coming back thing and the rest of the NFL Canes jumped in and created the family. The kids built the monster that ate college football and college football establishment had not control over it because it did not come from big spending boosters or the institution -- it came from the kids.\\

The fact that it was mostly black kids made strange partners in the hate THE U resistance that included our own institution. It was us against the establishment and even our part of the establishment hated us. People who dislike blacks could hate us even if they lauded their own black players(Those players were under control and owed success to their schools). People who you might expect to be excited over black kids having so much success hated us too and would point to "behavior" as the reasons. The hate crossed the political spectrum.

Some might not like the comparison but we were Trump before he was Trump. Outsiders owning nobody who climbed to the top of the mountain and took ownership. The hate was fundamental not merely a race thing. It was have vs have-nots and the have-nots won. Foote hated us: the Republican establishment(Bush family and the likes) hate Trump. I know Sooners who hated us less than old man Foote. He like the increased enrollment and tuition but hated the reason. Our new President might not hate us so much. Maybe being Mexican will make him like sticking it to the American part of the global establishment enough to appreciated another Cane rebellion. Heck, via la revolution.

It definitely is watch

Football has gotten boring without us. We were always must watch TV.

Advertisement
I said it on TOS as well, these players hear what ppl say about them (especially the media) and Mike is the type of player that will speak his mind and let it be known.. BUT it's evident that Miami continues to be overlooked as a undefeated team!!

SHOUT TO THAT CANES DEFENSE, our boys have been getting overlooked in these games, BUT they only had 1TD scored on them and hold this passing attack to less then 200 yds with 4 INTs, our rush DEFENSE gave up yardage BUT overall this Cuse offense only had 1 TD the whole game.. Clemson's D. is considered one the best and this same Cuse O gave them the business BUT my Canes only give up 1 TD (in the 4th quarter), THIS IS WHY PICKNEY SAID WHAT HE SAID...

The OFFENSE scored late to up the score, Cuse NEVER LEAD in this game BUT I just don't like the fact our Canes D, just gets overlooked this Cuse O, did what they wanted against that Tiger D (supposedly one of the best in CFB) and here it is Miami D performed better, BUT all the media wants to talk about it Miami scoring in the 4th quarter to up the lead!!!

Yeap. Never mattered that our graduation rate was very high or that other schools' players were serious criminals but got away with it. I learned to flaunt the THUG U thing. One of my brother's-in-law, RIP, was big Cane fan but he hated the dancing and crap. He remained fan and season ticket holder but was never down with the swag. My wife on the other hand, watched the games especially for the post play antics. She still loves watching the old games for it. I had friends who graduated from most of our biggest and most hated rivals back then. I sat with them for the away games in Cane gear. I loved the hate and miss it dearly.

Pinckney Has a wallet that says bad mother fVcker on it. Love this kid. The fact that he came out of Jacksonville Raines to play for the Canes, to me, says a lot. The semenholes have a direct pipeline that runs from that school right into trailertown.

Advertisement
Back