Mike Norvell to FSU?

I see him having about the same amount of success at FSU as his predecessor is having at VT. He'll average about 8 wins and pull out a 10 win season here and there if he lasts.

Advertisement
The guy is 37-15 as a head coach. Please compare to our hires over last 10 years. Richt's record doesn't count because he got canned before coming here.

HOMERUN HIRE.... If he surrounds himself with top notch assistants they will be going toe to toe with clemson soon.

Hiring a guy who is 37-15 in the AAC with zero P5 head coaching experience is most definitely not a homerun hire.

that is honestly a better hire then I thought they would get . But sports fans are dumb in general so I am sure FSU thought they could some huge name when you will never do that after firing a guy in less then 2 years. All coaches want time to build and while Willie seemed like he sucked major balls we will never truly know if he could of succeeded . Some of the best coaches in sports succeeded b/c they were given time. I give UM credit as they have always given coaches at least 3 seasons which should be norm.
They are just frigging lazy and do not want to win. No credit is due. Besides that two things: when have they ever fired someone after JUST three years in last 40 years(Mark quit)? They usually give each idiot an contract extension first -- in case you are implying they are some how smart.

I am really sorry the fired Willie. They finally had a coach that could not out coach ours. Hard to imagine they can hire anyone Manny can out coach next year.

Advertisement
even if you end up with Norvell it still should be considered a failure because that would mean fsu struck out several times(they have already on 4 candidates stoops, Franklin, kelly, Campbell).I don’t care, You are not paying a 19 million buyout to end up with Norvell an unproven group of 5 head coach.

Hiring a guy who is 37-15 in the AAC with zero P5 head coaching experience is most definitely not a homerun hire.
I'm sorry I disagree. Winning means home run hire in my eyes. He has done that.

In comparison to Miami's hires: Randy Shannon (0-0) as a head coach, Al Golden (500 record as coach), Mark Richt (Just was fired), Manny Diaz (0-0)

I guess I should change my argument to homerun hire in regards to what we have hired over course of 10 years.

In comparison to Miami's hires: Randy Shannon (0-0) as a head coach, Al Golden (500 record as coach), Mark Richt (Just was fired), Manny Diaz (0-0)

I guess I should change my argument to homerun hire in regards to what we have hired over course of 10 years.

Don’t trip.

Most of this board thought Dabo was a lazy hire by Clemson, James Franklin was equivalent to Al Golden, Dan Mullen was a bum because he couldn’t turn Miss State into a monster program, Ed O is an idiot, Kirby Smart is a corch, and Tom Herman is a genius coach who is on par with Saban and Meyer.

My point ... They don’t know as much as they think they do. And if you think Norvell is legit, don’t be moved by message board know it alls who have proven to know very little. Especially on coach prognosticating.

Advertisement
The guy is 37-15 as a head coach. Please compare to our hires over last 10 years. Richt's record doesn't count because he got canned before coming here.

HOMERUN HIRE.... If he surrounds himself with top notch assistants they will be going toe to toe with clemson soon.
Nah, not scared of a nerdville

Why do people think Rhule would leave baylor for fsu? Top 10 team he built from the ground up, or a start back over in tallhassee.

Rhule is a pretty strong Christian and that was one of the reasons he chose Baylor. Yes, things were a disaster but the school's religious affiliation meant something to him

Advertisement
Said this elsewhere, but if Franklin leaves PSU for FSU we're going to need one of those dolls so he can show us where the bad man touched him.

The only way Brian Kelly goes from friggin' ND to FSU is if ND doesn't want him anymore. Guy guzzled and choked every big game they played.

Franklin to FSU is a pipe dream at this point, he told them the number he wanted to leave PSU and fsu cant afford it, while also paying tagggarts buyout and to put an adequate staff around him.

Next is Campbell- told his team hes not leaving heard it was like that scene in the Wolf of wall st.

Brian Kelly was next on their board- they know hes unattainable and have already moved on

Rhule/Norvell were the next two on their board- Norvell is much more attainable and actually wants the job, Rhule wants the Penn st gig and it is well known he wont leave baylor unless its for Penn st

Ok, if you want to call it that.

Advertisement
Don’t trip.

Most of this board thought Dabo was a lazy hire by Clemson, James Franklin was equivalent to Al Golden, Dan Mullen was a bum because he couldn’t turn Miss State into a monster program, Ed O is an idiot, Kirby Smart is a corch, and Tom Herman is a genius coach who is on par with Saban and Meyer.

My point ... They don’t know as much as they think they do. And if you think Norvell is legit, don’t be moved by message board know it alls who have proven to know very little. Especially on coach prognosticating.

Thanks Tony Robbins.

Franklin to FSU is a pipe dream at this point, he told them the number he wanted to leave PSU and fsu cant afford it, while also paying tagggarts buyout and to put an adequate staff around him.
Hilarious that they cough up 17 mill for a buyout and then decide that they can't afford one of their top candidates.

He will put together a sh*tty staff but Norvell imo would be a good hire considering where this search has gone(or hasn’t)
actually think he puts together a decent staff, his coordinators from the previous years have all gone on to better jobs, Associate HC 2018 became tulane OC in 2019, Dan Lanning DC to georgia DC, Chris Hall DC to Northern Arizona HC, Kenny Dillingham OC to Aurburn OC. and the A&M OC who i cant remember his name

Norvell has a very good record of surrounding himself with good coaches. the question is gonna be how he is gonna be able to recruit against the big boys (he isnt exactly known as a good one) and how he will transition into a P5 job with no previous experience.

I think Norvell is an Ok hire for the current state of Fsu, but i do think he will face some of the same early struggles as taggart, and then will the boosters and administration be patient to see if he can fix it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back