Mike Norvell to FSU?

brcane1

Sophomore
Reliable poster on their 247 board believes that's their guy.

Inherited a strong Memphis squad from Fuente and kept it chugging, at the same time this will be a gut punch over at Warchant and feed many a Nole Tears post.

I can't believe they'd go back to Jimmy Sexton for a guy.

Advertisement
These tears from that thread are great!

I knew that it would be really bad if/when Mark Stoops started looking like a good option, and well ****, here we are

Big Game Hunting? Splash Hire?

My turds make a bigger splash than this hire would.

Not saying im for or against it, you just cant say all the above and a month later end with Memphis head coach.

And yet still hasn’t won the conference.
0-3 in bowl games.
Unproven at a P5 program.
Yes, Fuentes has been gone for 5 years (didn’t seem that long) but the dude isn’t deserving of the job.

OMG THEY FOUND THEIR AL GOLDEN

The bottom part of this graph is what worries me with Norvell. His SP+ at Memphis is usually between 30-50. He is 16-2 against teams with an SP+ of 76 and worse and 6-13 against teams better than 75th, including 3-4 against teams I would say are in Memphis’ range.

38 years old from the hotbed of Irvin, TX. Has a great roledex of coaching connections that he'd finally be able to leverage at a program like FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
that is honestly a better hire then I thought they would get . But sports fans are dumb in general so I am sure FSU thought they could some huge name when you will never do that after firing a guy in less then 2 years. All coaches want time to build and while Willie seemed like he sucked major balls we will never truly know if he could of succeeded . Some of the best coaches in sports succeeded b/c they were given time. I give UM credit as they have always given coaches at least 3 seasons which should be norm.

Advertisement
the Noles knew who the next HC was the minute they fired Willie Golden mid-season.. if they didn't already know who the guy was they would have waited until after the season was over to fire him.

The bottom line with these type of coaches from small schools is it's sorta like buying a lotto ticket....it could work out, or it could be an absolute disaster. With the current situations at FSU and Miami, I just think they need a proven P5 coach with winning experience to come in and stabilize these programs, instead of guys with little big game experience. When the rumor was floating around about Bob Stoops/FSU I was extremely worried, but if it's Norvell it's basically a wait and see approach.

Inherited a strong Memphis squad from Fuente and kept it chugging, at the same time this will be a gut punch over at Warchant and feed many a Nole Tears post.

Sexton is the super agent for CFB. Imagine having to deal with this guy three straight times and still getting paid lol.

Advertisement
If he is, what do you call Diaz?
Dead Man Walking. Does it really matter who they hire relative to Diaz’s future here? He’s toast. He lost the team. I want to believe in him but he lost to FIU and Duke in consecutive weeks. Unless he pulls the rabbit out of the hat next year, he’s gone. And what OC wants to come somewhere for a one year guarantee? I would want stability and longevity, not a “tryout”. Only up and comers will want this job, not established OCs.

not sure this is good for long term nole tears. Norvell’s floor seems to be decent.

Advertisement
Back