Mike Harley....

I think he will be fine. Hands need work. We know even with his smaller stature that he can make plays over DBs but the ball has to be placed in better spots. Malik’s back shoulder throws and jump balls (and just about every throw) was off yesterday. He is going to be a really good player for us as time goes on. That route he ran breaking the DBs ankles was amazing. If Malik makes a good throw he had a 1 on 1 with the Saftey with 3-4 yards between them.

Advertisement
Indy pretty much shut it down with that post.

On that note, Harley is so **** quick, I'm surprised his shoes keep up. We don't see the full picture on television and I would guess he's routinely beating his guy. They could certainly use his talents better and that will come with time. The 15 yard out route being a perfect example. He can do that all day. Instead we negate his talents for whatever reason. He isn't even close to Rosier's first option for whatever reason. He's new to the offense so Rosier understandably is going with those he knows at the moment.

He was wide open on a long out early in the game and Rosier threw a bad ball.

he needs to clean up his route running, malik threw it right to the first down mark at 10 yards and Harley ran a lazy 15

As we aren't on the staff, we don't know who made the mistake there. I wouldn't automatically put that on Harley as typically you'll see a QB get on the receiver if they ran the wrong route and Rosier didn't do that.

Richt isn’t using him correctly. Get him the ball in space on bubble screens and quick slants. Let him use his speed. Stop throwing him endzone fades from 20 yards out.

This, This, This! Why throw him a jump ball in the red zone? Makes no sense. Richt has to do a better job of using him correctly.

SMH. That chit was on Harley. He needs to make those plays. The opportunity was there. One on one situation, db had his back to the ball. He just needs to make a ***** play plain and simple. It was actually a good call cause he's a true frosh, 5-9 and the defense Polly wasn't expecting it.

He'll get better. He has too. If he doesn't he won't be seeing the field. Miami has some players coming in and guy like Langham who are emerging.

Advertisement

he needs to clean up his route running, malik threw it right to the first down mark at 10 yards and Harley ran a lazy 15

As we aren't on the staff, we don't know who made the mistake there. I wouldn't automatically put that on Harley as typically you'll see a QB get on the receiver if they ran the wrong route and Rosier didn't do that.

Rosier almost never reacts to anything, and he reacted to that route. That tells you all you need to know.

Advertisement

Rosier almost never reacts to anything, and he reacted to that route. That tells you all you need to know.

I agree - watch the tape

Richt isn’t using him correctly. Get him the ball in space on bubble screens and quick slants. Let him use his speed. Stop throwing him endzone fades from 20 yards out.

This, This, This! Why throw him a jump ball in the red zone? Makes no sense. Richt has to do a better job of using him correctly.

Agreed.

And Richt seems to take four or more games to realize he's misusing personnel that would maximize their performance.

Harley may not have lots of catches, but Richt's play calling and personnel usage isn't something that makes my willy tingle, either.

The young bull has got to work on his hands..

Or he doesn't need to be on the field.He has got to do better! He has the talent
Drags and some crossing routes a screen here n there would be nice. Get him the ball build some confidence and let him run.

I want to see either him or Thomas get behind a defense once before the season is over. "Over the top to Harley" has a nice ring to it.

But these guys are not making contested catches the way they need to be. This ain't high school where you're gonna have 20 yards of separation between you and the DB on every play, so they need to work on that.

Just looks like he made two terrible adjustments to the ball...not sure if he misjudged it and is jumping to early or what but it looks like he jumps and just takes himself out of the play.

This plus hands of stone are a bad combo.

He’ll be a good one tho. Not worried. Kid has a great work ethic.

Advertisement
Gotta be the worst target/catch ratio in college football history

I think Thomas and Mullins are passing him. Mullins actually made a terrific catch yesterday.

I'd go ( if healthy )
1 Richards
2 Langham
3 BB ( slot)
4 Thomas
5 Mullins
6 Cager/Harley

I got it like this.

1. Richards
2. Bb
4. Langham,
5. Harley,thomas
6.. Mullins
7. Harris

FIFY

Cager can GTFOH

Advertisement
I'm completely unconcerned with a freshman receiver used in questionable ways not making a few catches. Again you guys act like this is the first time it's happened and somehow a book is being written on his career.

Exactly **** Jerry rice had the drops... our fans will find anything to cry about..

I'd love to know what Richt's thinking is with the way he uses smaller receivers. All last year with Barrios on the outside, now Harley/Thomas running routes better suited to taller guys. I assume in his mind there's a reason for it, so way he thinks it should work to our advantage, but when even the announcers are questioning it it's maybe time to switch it up.

Gotta be the worst target/catch ratio in college football history

I think Thomas and Mullins are passing him. Mullins actually made a terrific catch yesterday.

I'd go ( if healthy )
1 Richards
2 Langham
3 BB ( slot)
4 Thomas
5 Mullins
6 Cager/Harley
That Mullins catch really got lost in the shuffle. What a great play, and awareness by him.

Was a huge conversion. Langham had a huge conversion too on a ball Malik delivered way high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that one impressed me more than the fluke catch to win it almost,

bare handed in the rain just snatched it out of thin air for the first down.

Ive liked the targets harley is getting. I still have faith and would not change it. He will start executing, just some bad luck and lack of focus. but he will turn it around.. keep trying.

1RICHARDS
2LANGHAM
3BB
4 THOMAS.
5.HARLEY
6 MULLINS/CAGER

Advertisement
Back