Mike Harley visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell him to turn around, we don't want him

Look at all the upvotes on this dumb post. The coaches obviously want him, that's why he was asked to visit. Now put that pacifier back in your mouth, here's your bottle, and worry not as the adults will carry on trying to make this team better.

Soccer mom speaks from experience regarding pacifiers and baby bottles.

Good lord you fakkit, even your insults are super ghey.

Guys let's keep it on the topic on Mike Harley's visit.

No offense, but if you and the other moderators did their job....topics would stay on topic.

Instead, you allow the trashing of coaches and recruits to occur daily. Every thread is turned into bash this or that where posters think it's amateur comedy hour. How many comments are about this recruits mom, in a very disrespectful manner? How many are about their bleeding vaginas over a recruit our coaches still value.

This place is a cesspool and while there are good posts, you have to sift through mountain of **** to find them.

Please, keep it on topic. You as a moderator along with the other ones need to get to work then.

Couple of things here.

1. With as much as they're paying us, you're right. We should do a better job.

2. This is the second board I've moderated. Same problem existed at both places: one large portion wants to use the board for information and conversation, while another large portion wants to use it as their urinal. At this board the standard is to pretty much let everything go short of the most outrageous. Just about everyone who gets dinged complains about it and thinks its unwarranted. They complain about how the board isn't fun anymore, how it's becoming just like Grassy or CS. Meanwhile the experience for untold other people is ruined.

3. This term "allow" is curious. Like we've got time and energy to find every single offense in every single thread. As if we hunt them down just to turn a blind eye. The reality is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts every day, sometimes every hour. And littered amidst every thread is a good number of dudes constantly pushing the limits.

4. I don't like what the board has become either, honestly. But I nor anyone else can enforce a standard no one is interested in upholding or keeping for themselves. One of the guys who reports the most posts is also one of the worst offenders. That's how people behave around here. No one is taking the high road -- or at least far too little do. There's too much ego involved, y'all just have to respond to every troll and call out. And so the cycle never ends.

If people wanted a higher standard, I'd be all for it. But they don't. Otherwise they'd be slower to speak and quicker to listen.

Advertisement
Look at all the upvotes on this dumb post. The coaches obviously want him, that's why he was asked to visit. Now put that pacifier back in your mouth, here's your bottle, and worry not as the adults will carry on trying to make this team better.

No offense, but if you and the other moderators did their job....topics would stay on topic.

Instead, you allow the trashing of coaches and recruits to occur daily. Every thread is turned into bash this or that where posters think it's amateur comedy hour. How many comments are about this recruits mom, in a very disrespectful manner? How many are about their bleeding vaginas over a recruit our coaches still value.

This place is a cesspool and while there are good posts, you have to sift through mountain of **** to find them.

Please, keep it on topic. You as a moderator along with the other ones need to get to work then.

Couple of things here.

2. This is the second board I've moderated. Same problem existed at both places: one large portion wants to use the board for information and conversation, while another large portion wants to use it as their urinal. At this board the standard is to pretty much let everything go short of the most outrageous. Just about everyone who gets dinged complains about it and thinks its unwarranted. They complain about how the board isn't fun anymore, how it's becoming just like Grassy or CS. Meanwhile the experience for untold other people is ruined.

3. This term "allow" is curious. Like we've got time and energy to find every single offense in every single thread. As if we hunt them down just to turn a blind eye. The reality is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts every day, sometimes every hour. And littered amidst every thread is a good number of dudes constantly pushing the limits.

4. I don't like what the board has become either, honestly. But I nor anyone else can enforce a standard no one is interested in upholding or keeping for themselves. One of the guys who reports the most posts is also one of the worst offenders. That's how people behave around here. No one is taking the high road -- or at least far too little do. There's too much ego involved, y'all just have to respond to every troll and call out. And so the cycle never ends.

If people wanted a higher standard, I'd be all for it. But they don't. Otherwise they'd be slower to speak and quicker to listen.

Please take the hypocrisy of soccer mom into consideration. In the very same thread in which she complains about the woeful state of the site, she calls out a poster using infantile insults, and the posters that upvoted him, for the very legit sentiment of not wanting a disrespectful recruit.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm a post and let post kind of guy, but that's not my call. But for someone to shriek like a hysterical female for the mod hammer, while throwing out her own lame insults, is funny.

Couple of things here.

Please take the hypocrisy of soccer mom into consideration. In the very same thread in which she complains about the woeful state of the site, she calls out a poster using infantile insults, and the posters that upvoted him, for the very legit sentiment of not wanting a disrespectful recruit.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm a post and let post kind of guy, but that's not my call. But for someone to shriek like a hysterical female for the mod hammer, while throwing out her own lame insults, is funny.

That's all well and good, but you could eliminate 10 posters here and the site would be 10x better, not to mention more mature.

As for the 10 posters, start with this guy. The chick stalker is strong in him and one true fact, he wouldn't say a thing to my face so he runs his mouth online. I don't say a thing I can't back up or wouldn't say to someone's face. Yes, there's plenty of bottles and pacifiers needed around here, he's a prime example.

Couple of things here.

That's all well and good, but you could eliminate 10 posters here and the site would be 10x better, not to mention more mature.

As for the 10 posters, start with this guy. The chick stalker is strong in him and one true fact, he wouldn't say a thing to my face so he runs his mouth online. I don't say a thing I can't back up or wouldn't say to someone's face. Yes, there's plenty of bottles and pacifiers needed around here, he's a prime example.

Going to ask both of you to stop making it personal in this thread. Try putting each other on Ignore. In lieu of bans it's the next best thing.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back