Mike Bakas analysis of Davis

ageezy

Cane til I Die
Thought this was hilarious, had to share it . . . this is why Pete rising so fast

What may concern you: As talented as Davis is, he lacks breakaway speed -- especially for someone who weighs under 200 pounds. He ran a 4.64/40 at a Nike event earlier this year and you don't really see true home run hitting ability when watching his film. He also wasn't even the leading rusher on his own high school team last season, as a sophomore teammate had more yards on the season (Davis finished last season with 681 yards and 10 scores during the regular season). He's yet to prove he can be a top tier back when it's his backfield, even though he certainly seems capable of it.

CIS all day

Advertisement
Thought this was hilarious, had to share it . . . this is why Pete rising so fast

What may concern you: As talented as Davis is, he lacks breakaway speed -- especially for someone who weighs under 200 pounds. He ran a 4.64/40 at a Nike event earlier this year and you don't really see true home run hitting ability when watching his film. He also wasn't even the leading rusher on his own high school team last season, as a sophomore teammate had more yards on the season (Davis finished last season with 681 yards and 10 scores during the regular season). He's yet to prove he can be a top tier back when it's his backfield, even though he certainly seems capable of it.

CIS all day

lol at anyone complaining of break away speed from cam Davis after watching his film....

Advertisement
well find out when he gets here.............one thing I do know is Lingawd will run away from everyone thats all i need

Advertisement
Killa Cam split carries with Nayquan Wright last year who's a beast in his own right.

Anybody who questions Cam's ability, just go back & watch his performance throughout the playoffs.

Carol City literally won a State Title because Cam put them on his back & dominated in the playoffs against Mainland, Charlotte & Lake Gibson. (Also CC's Defense is great too)

Espeically against LG, when Marlon Smith struggled in the 1st half they had to put Lorenzo Floyd in, Cam took over the game in the 2nd half & lead them to win the 6A State Championship.

CIS all day

I have some question marks on Davis (when I say question marks it doesn't mean I don't like him...I agree 100% he's a take), but breakaway speed isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement

CIS all day

I have some question marks on Davis (when I see question marks, I agree 100% he's a take), but breakaway speed isn't one of them.

i had some questions about his shiftiness, but he showed some in his spring game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTCeg3Gnxc

I just watched CD junior highlights after reading this crap, this guy (whoever he is) needs to go back and watch the highlight film I just watched.. This kid is breaking for long TD runs all throughout that film, NOW I'm not going to say CD has 4.3 speed but the kid can move, if he's in front of you, most liking he has enough speed to hold you off (unless the defender is a 4.3 R 4.2 runner)!!

He really reminds me of MW1 (he's a work horse, he has a burst and he catches well), CD has better vision and more get away speed or top end speed, he isn't the type of back that will juke the whole defense, he will make a move (rather that be a spin move or a quick hesitation and go) NOTHING SPECIAL..

Last edited:

CIS all day

y.gif

Advertisement

CIS all day

I have some question marks on Davis (when I see question marks, I agree 100% he's a take), but breakaway speed isn't one of them.

i had some questions about his shiftiness, but he showed some in his spring game

**** I hate to be that guy I think Lingards speed is serious and its effective at this level.......just because cam looks good in a HS game doesnt mean he can transition the speed at the college level. He could be legit 4.5 and a good back so well see but its not that far fetched if the think hes not explosive enough. Our most explosive athlete in the 2018 class where u know they have the speed pf the game are Jobe Hall and Lingard......I may be missing someone oh Pope ......like guys that pop off the screen that are not trying. I like Cam but its a fair gripe to gripe about and not all of our commits will be studs people need to realize there are a such thin as misses and transfers because of that. People got upset when they said Jack Allison was buns sauce and it was true and hes not here no more.....and some jags stay on the team sometimes its the way it is

CIS all day

First 2 should be all anyone needs

CIS all day

**** I hate to be that guy I think Lingards speed is serious and its effective at this level.......just because cam looks good in a HS game doesnt mean he can transition the speed at the college level. He could be legit 4.5 and a good back so well see but its not that far fetched if the think hes not explosive enough. Our most explosive athlete in the 2018 class where u know they have the speed pf the game are Jobe Hall and Lingard......I may be missing someone oh Pope ......like guys that pop off the screen that are not trying. I like Cam but its a fair gripe to gripe about and not all of our commits will be studs people need to realize there are a such thin as misses and transfers because of that. People got upset when they said Jack Allison was buns sauce and it was true and hes not here no more.....and some jags stay on the team sometimes its the way it is

what about quality of competition? i'm not sure lingawd's comp level, but i'm sure it's not what Carol City faces, they play multiple d1 guys every week, and cam still puts on

Advertisement
Back