Mighty Mario

Advertisement
People are so desperate to badmouth Mario. Constantly bringing up his record at FIU.

Bottom line, he had a good first year at Oregon, actually improving on Taggart's record, while having to take Taggart's coordinators (Arroyo and Leavitt). He then won 12 games in his second year with a new DC (replacing Leavitt). He slipped in Year 3 with a new OC (Moorhead).

Let's see how Mario does in a normal year now that he has his own OC and DC, and the recruiting classes of his own.

Mario's a good coach. Not sure if he's ever coming back to UM, but he's improving.
Taggarts coordinator is a better coach than he is (Leavitt). Mario is a good recruiter. When all things are right...like they are at Oregon with unlimited resources he can win you 8-10 games. He's an avg coach ill say.

Just dont want him the head coach here at a place like UM where he would for sure fail. So when his threads pop up....IM GOING IN on them sh*ts.lol

Outside the CFB playoffs, no stock can really be taken out of any bowl game due to the many opt outs. Mario would be such a ridiculous upgrade over Manny that anybody arguing against this is a straight up crazy person. Guy just brought the highest recruiting class ever in Oregon, could you imagine how he’d recruit here?
Yea...he would recruit guys like Alin Edouard to be his qb

Taggarts coordinator is a better coach than he is (Leavitt). Mario is a good recruiter. When all things are right...like they are at Oregon with unlimited resources he can win you 8-10 games. He's an avg coach ill say.

Just dont want him the head coach here at a place like UM where he would for sure fail. So when his threads pop up....IM GOING IN on them sh*ts.lol

this. Marios a beast recruiter (having Oregons Nike backing helps as well) but hes not some elite coach. to me, hes just more experienced Manny. hes not some x and o savant and has never really coordinated in his life. id pass on him hard esp with the salary he'd command given his experience

Advertisement
this. Marios a beast recruiter (having Oregons Nike backing helps as well) but hes not some elite coach. to me, hes just more experienced Manny. hes not some x and o savant and has never really coordinated in his life. id pass on him hard esp with the salary he'd command given his experience
At the end of the day..sh*t hits the fan...Manny can take over the reigns on a D.

At the end of the day sh*t hit the fan...Mario cant even draw up plays. He gonna send that "recruiting text" though?.

I feel he would flop badly here...as to everything he is good at will be negated...and he doesnt have the on field coaching ability to make up for it.

I like how people say he'd bring in higher classes here. look, hes never gonna have the resources he has at Oregon here. hes a good recruiter but he won't be the same guy here
Its not even that.

Recruiting in Florida is a cesspool. He did it froma position of strength at Bama, h did good at Rutgers snatching sleepers...he was able to grab some guys from here at Oregon.

But its the whole country coming down here...he has it sweet at Oregon with USC being down there are literally no threats other than them int he west for elite recruits.

Yea...he would recruit guys like Alin Edouard to be his qb
Edouard wasn’t a bad QB. I Really dislike when we all talk about players and coaches we tend to bash them without putting yourself in the position. The kid was suppose to be the QB that king is now. The reason I say that is Alin was coming into a running offense that miami was , it wasn’t His style offense so he left and decommitted from Miami . Mario recruited him because maybe he saw something he can do with him on offense since he was the OL coach. Mario ended up leaving a week after Alin committed to Miami . And Mario was the only guy talking to Alin out of the whole staff. If anybody remember what happen to jacory Harris he had 3 offensive coordinators i think in 3 years. Jacory wasn’t a bad QB . He had to learn a new system every year. So I don’t blame Alin for leaving, The kid didn’t feel at home. I still follow Alin on on Social media sites , the kid went through so much adversity and to see what he is now graduated in now on his verge to coach of I’m not mistaking. Like I understand we are die hard UM fans. But these kids don’t need to be bash. I use to be on here bashing kids too. But I’ve learn to understand the kids side of it too.

At the end of the day..sh*t hits the fan...Manny can take over the reigns on a D.

At the end of the day sh*t hit the fan...Mario cant even draw up plays. He gonna send that "recruiting text" though?.

I feel he would flop badly here...as to everything he is good at will be negated...and he doesnt have the on field coaching ability to make up for it.
I feel like Luigi's worst personality traits as a corch would end up being exacerbated here too. You'd probably see some extreme stubbornness and entitlement that would make any of the critiques we had about our string of head coaches pale in comparison. He'd come in here thinking he had all the leverage because he was coming home and falsely believing he was a "proven" entity.

Hard pass on him forever.

Advertisement
I feel like Luigi's worst personality traits as a corch would end up being exacerbated here too. You'd probably see some extreme stubbornness and entitlement that would make any of the critiques we had about our string of head coaches pale in comparison. He'd come in here thinking he had all the leverage because he was coming home and falsely believing he was a "proven" entity.

Hard pass on him forever.

If he ever came here, turned into Corch Warrio, & get the boot, I can see it going something like this.

I don't like or dislike the guy. I don't know about his game day coaching ability but IMO he would definitely recruit better in Miami than our last couple coaches have. I have no doubts about that. Some coaches just fit better at certain schools.
fit is important i tell people this, in college fit is huge as in the NFL its different.

Advertisement
Back