Mighty Mario

His recruiting has benefited greatly from the rest of the Pac 12 being in shambles: USC is openly looking to replace their HC; UCLA doesn't even recruit anymore; Washington has a new HC and has taken a step back; Stanford is down; Cal?, etc. We'll see how strong his recruiting is when the LA schools get back to their normal recruiting levels.

On the field? A mess given he inherited a great situation. Like I said before, the Pac 12 is way down and yet he couldn't win his division because Oregon lost to the two worst teams in the division....Imagine the state of this place if Miami lost out on the coastal because of losses to Duke and GT? The 12-2 season last year looks nice but with the talent around Herbert that should have been a playoff team but they weren't even a dominant Pac 12 team with a handful of close games. And with how Herbert is playing in the NFL, looks like Oregon had an elite talent they couldn't effectively utilize.

Advertisement
Mario would recruit at a Butch Davis level at UM. Combine that talent with a high quality coaching staff and he’d win big at UM.
He is killing it in recruiting and he is not winning big in the Pac 12. Before you get ahead of yourself Herbert and Swell were recruited by Willie Taggart.

You know he is going to be the first choice when Manny finally gets fired in a few years right? Will pay a huge buyout to try and get him also

The only reason he gets talked about is because he's Cuban and from South Florida, and has some kind of ties to the Miami program from a long time ago.
Listen, I think Mario is a big time corch. No reason to downplay his contribution as a champion at the U.
AR-812018782.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
He has 3 conference titles, 2 of which are in a Power 5 conference, and the other at a school that was winless before his arrival, but I’m supposed to believe that Manny is his equivalent.

He is not elite but he has won more conference titles as a head coach than Miami has played in the ACC.

Listen, I think Mario is a big time corch. No reason to downplay his contribution as a champion at the U.

Brother; he’s definitely a champion at The U, but I think u’re confusing Joaquin “Said Dominate” Gonzalez w/ Mario. I’m going to go out on a limb & say.....Mario didn’t play w/ Dorsey. Lol

Advertisement
He has 3 conference titles, 2 of which are in a Power 5 conference, and the other at a school that was winless before his arrival, but I’m supposed to believe that Manny is his equivalent.

Manny Diaz: 8-3 (.727)
Mario Cristobal: 4-3 (.571)
Butch Davis: 0-5 (.000)

Mario had the best QB and arguably the best OL in America last season, and he inherited both.

He is not a good coach. Terrible Gameday coach. His only good attribute is his recruiting.

Advertisement
That's intellectually dishonest. If you agree Mario recruits better than Manny and Golden, but believe both could succeed if they weren't married to ****** DCs, then how could you **** on Mario if he brought a quality staff?
Actually everything I said is 100 percent factual and “ intellectually honest “. I’m going off of actual data and you’re going off a raging boner for a guy that’s done nothing as a hc. So we want to do that again? We’ve actually perfected the art of hiring coaches that’s done nothing as a hc.

Dude went 4-3 with the best roster in his conference.

The obsession with this fan base and former canes is hilarious , not one power five fan base is saying “ go get Mario bro “ when there school has an opening.

If your standard for hiring Luigi is comparing him to manny tells me you shouldn’t be anywhere near making a decision for our next head coach. You’re being intellectually dishonest. Facts doesn’t care about your feelings and your emotions shouldn’t be involved in the hiring process.

I mean he finished this season 4-3. If Diaz had won the ACC with that kind of record you'd never let it go.

Mario had the best QB and arguably the best OL in America last season, and he inherited both.

He is not a good coach. Terrible Gameday coach. His only good attribute is his recruiting.
Mario can recruit and brings some toughness. Other than that he’s a big alpha caveman thats answer for facing a real coach like Campbell is beating his chest and throwing poo.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz: 8-3 (.727)
Mario Cristobal: 4-3 (.571)
Butch Davis: 0-5 (.000)

Manny Diaz: 14-10 (.583)
Mario Cristobal: 25-10 (.714)
Butch Davis: 23-21 (.522)

What’s ur point? U keep trying to cake for Diaz posting a half story. We’ll be on at least a 3 game losing streak starting in 2021.

Advertisement
Back