Middle Tenn. State vs Miami Hurricanes | The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Film Review Coach Hayes

Advertisement
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Why even bother? I usually watch steveo, roman, and anyone else willing to take the time to give their assessment of what my canes are doing but, this week, there's no reason to. We were badly beaten by an inferior team. I'd rather slam a car door on my **johnson** than rewatch that mess.
i feel you bro. If you’ve never watched Coach Hayes before though I highly recommend it. He breaks complicated things down in a way a high school player could understand and the way he talks about the game and the plays makes you feel like it’s a film session from last weeks game you were playing in with your own coaches

Even this embarrassing a$$ game is a pretty great film review

Love Coach Hayes. Breaks it down and keeps it 100%!!!!

The film doesn't lie. A lot of mistakes. Lack of gap integrity on defense. Our QBs are NOT reading coverages along with some plays that make it impossible for the QB when his WRs are outnumbered and nowhere schematically to go with the ball. The routes are too long or the WR are supposed make adjustments. There are WRs open in the offense that the QBs are missing. It's not all on the WR aside from drops. It looks more of a play calling, scheme, and QBs not making the proper reads/adjustments.

There are a couple of guys on the offensive line that need to sit. If Zion is healthy, he and Campbell need to be the tackles.

There's a lot of things to correct, but it is correctable.

Advertisement
What was the most eye opening part of the video is seeing the difference between how the MTSU quarterback looked more comfortable in their offense compared to Jake and Tyler in Gattis’s. Guy was looking off the safety, processing pre-snap defensive alignment, and how quickly he made a decision and got the ball out. Jake and Tyler do not even read the defense before the snap. They do not look guys off and have made up in their mind before snap where the ball is going. How is this still an issue 4 games into the season? Why other qbs do it but our guys cannot? Still questions I have but this was my first time watching his breakdown too. Very informative

Love that dude.
He goes through maybe 15 plays and he breaks them down to 5 good, 5 bad and 5 ugly. Tells you like it is and most importantly keeps entertaining.
I was first intimidated by.vid that takes one hour.

Most of the other play break downs I watch are boring as **** and honestly can’t watch em, all highlights, of players that I know are ****, Listening to how “they really ran good route on that play”, “That was good pass concept” blah blah BS,
No low light or no explanation why the play broke down.
Coach Hayes keeps 100,
He’ll break down the film and tell you why Van Dyke or Garcia made a good play, or why they failed.
Good channel, and if tou want to learn something about modern football, you should check it out.

Why even bother? I usually watch steveo, roman, and anyone else willing to take the time to give their assessment of what my canes are doing but, this week, there's no reason to. We were badly beaten by an inferior team. I'd rather slam a car door on my **johnson** than rewatch that mess.
There are lessons to be learned in everything we do, good and bad. Absolutely, the product on the field is not up to the standard. Bet that coaches are putting clips of bad tackling, dropped passes, and hopefully that embarrassingly comical Flagg block on the left tackle in faces--the same clips we get to see from Coach Hayes. Got to shelve the feelings of the result of the game first and look for them. Hope that Corey Flagg one is on loop on all the TVs in Soffer.

These breakdowns are great--particularly with the camera issues from that ACCN rook job. The Breakdown Segment was the one thing the Manny Diaz Show did right that I wish CMC would have kept. Listening to Zagacki and Bailey Jr. crone on and on with fluff is nauseating so having Coach Hayes sorting the trash for some gems as an alternative is nice.

Good, Bad and Ugly, not to be confused with the Cam Underwood article on SOTU.

Advertisement
What was the most eye opening part of the video is seeing the difference between how the MTSU quarterback looked more comfortable in their offense compared to Jake and Tyler in Gattis’s. Guy was looking off the safety, processing pre-snap defensive alignment, and how quickly he made a decision and got the ball out. Jake and Tyler do not even read the defense before the snap. They do not look guys off and have made up in their mind before snap where the ball is going. How is this still an issue 4 games into the season? Why other qbs do it but our guys cannot? Still questions I have but this was my first time watching his breakdown too. Very informative
Even if our guys could read a D pre-snap, they don't have time. Busy loomong over to sideline then by the time the adjustment comes in and everyone is set, playclock is at 5. That's why the Briles O is the way to go in college. It's purely a numbers game on whether to call run, pass or RPO. Then it's a quick 1 read post snap.

You know you can also pay Mistress Helga to do that...errrr...

my friend told me anyways....

It will get worse till Mario gets his players and all others are gone.

Be patient let the flushing occur and we’ll be in great shape in (2) years we’re on the right path 🙌.

We’ll have to double flush to clean the bowl .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Love jake hope he is a great cane but i dont think he’s ready man, the little things haven’t clicked for him yet, id hate to ruin another QBs confidence
We ruined TVD after he had already had big success in college lol. We can ruin anyone anytime anywhere

Even if our guys could read a D pre-snap, they don't have time. Busy loomong over to sideline then by the time the adjustment comes in and everyone is set, playclock is at 5. That's why the Briles O is the way to go in college. It's purely a numbers game on whether to call run, pass or RPO. Then it's a quick 1 read post snap.
This. I think there's too much thinking going on . I've watched this game mutiple times. Some of that has to be taken out. forget the check with me.

Advertisement
I loved every minute of it. And if Mario is skipping out of radio shows to stay in the bunker..then I want him to hold players (and coaches) accountable for all that Hayes showed on film. Some of that stuff was downright embarassing. MTSU level talent doing this to our players is unacceptable. I remember when Hayes broke down the Bama game last year and I just had to tip my cap that Bama athletes were just better than ours and we werent at their level yet. But MTSU?? Knocking our OL over like rag dolls?? Out-running our secondary like we are standing still? Miscues everywhere. Missed reads. Smh.

I agree with the poster that said on here that maybe these guys went out the night before and got hella drunk and were still hungover or something. It would actually make sense based on what I saw in that film breakdown.

Scaife at the 20:08 mark lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

QBs missing Wide open WRs cuz they have their minds made up at the snap about where they are throwing.

Justice O sucks

Mallory is walking penalty.

JW0 yikes

Way too many ppl playing as individuals
Ill just say it..based on that film breakdown alone..Scaife would never see another snap again here. Add him to the list with Mallory and Flagg. Alot of these kids better be glad they arent playing under Jimmy or Butch...Jimmy would be handing out transfer paperwork to every player on that team and letting them know if they dont get their **** together he will be signing it in the locker room directly after the UNC game and their time here will be done. Just embarrasing for a 6th year kid like Scaife to be playing like that.

Advertisement
Back