Microwave or Oven?

monopolyxmoney

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I know I’m going to get killed but this is how I feel & me having an account allows me to give my opinion.

I do miss Lashlee’s offense & the points we put up but I don’t miss what that offense did versus real teams. Just like Tennessee when they played UGA the other day. Looked totally different.

This team is built for the quick success, that’ll win us some ACC games & get us to a bowl game. That was our ceiling. That was all this program was willing to do & they were fine with it. Go keep the fans base excited enough to keep coming every year Manny & Rhett. Don’t forget to make sure it’s fun. Lots of deep balls & shiny chains.

Now Mario comes in & attempts to implement systems that the big boys use. UGA & Bama. Not OSU who might get lucky in the playoffs, not Clemson who needs a generational QB, not LSU who needs lightning to strike, not Michigan who has the big boys but no athletes but UGA & Bama who can roll Ken Dorsey like QBs out there & win Nattys because they are built for it. Odds of hitting on a Joe Burrow are slim & your season shouldn’t depend on it.

That spread game is nice but when it’s time to really play ball, that shi*t fizzles out a few plays after getting hit in the mouth & realizing this is a real fight. Mario got Gattis who he thought would help push the agenda forward. That might not work out, we’ll see.

This ain’t a defend Gattis thread anyway. This ain’t even a defend Mario thread because while he has a longer clock, that MF is still ticking. This is a defend the type of team/program that Mario is trying to build. A team that shows up hoping that there is a fight because they know they punch harder & you’ll be ready to quit by halftime. Not a team that can only front run if it all goes your way like 2017 ND or needs a couple of good bounces to get to 9 wins.

At baseline he’s trying to build a winning mentality with a winning formula that shows up on any field, in any weather & on any day. That’s the difference between the big boys & the rest of CFB.

I’ll take my food in the oven because yea it takes longer but it tastes better. While the chef is cooking, I don’t keep peaking in the kitchen or try to make ingredient suggestions, I don’t watch in envy as other people enjoy their TV dinners, I be patient & let the chef do his job.

Now when that chef is done & if it’s not the quality I expect, then I make the decision to go find another chef & try again.

Advertisement
All about Mario building a tough team and changing the culture. Fine, I get it. But bringing Gattis on board has cost this team 3-4 wins so far and making things so much harder to move forward.

You can have an offense that scores and still be a physically tough team. They’re not mutually exclusive

Dorsey was a 7th round pick who lasted a few years in the NFL. 3 different Bama QBs were drafted in the first rd in recent years (with another 1st rounder on the way) who are all starting and doing pretty well. With arguable the exception of Mac Jones, those Bama QBs have played in wide open type offenses. That comparison is way off base.

Dorsey was a 7th round pick who lasted a few years in the NFL. 3 different Bama QBs were drafted in the first rd in recent years (with another 1st rounder on the way) who are all starting and doing pretty well. With arguable the exception of Mac Jones, those Bama QBs have played in wide open type offenses. That comparison is way off base.

That didn’t come until later on after they were established. I’m talking about the Greg Mcelroy days. Of course you can get an elite guys once you’re rolling but I don’t want to be depending on that.

All about Mario building a tough team and changing the culture. Fine, I get it. But bringing Gattis on board has cost this team 3-4 wins so far and making things so much harder to move forward.

You can have an offense that scores and still be a physically tough team. They’re not mutually exclusive

Like I said. I’m not defending Gattis I see what Mario tried to do. It doesn’t always work out & that’s ok too.

Advertisement

So, to be fair, Norvell has had is *** handed to him for the last two seasons. Not to mention the staff he has over there has a fraction of the experience of the staff we have.

The biggest issue we have is the culture and the will to win, and I will not say Gattis is the complete problem with our offense. Our line has been garbage for a few years now, but I definitely think Lashlee beats MTSU, Duke, UNC and probably A&M with the offense he ran last year.

Like I said. I’m not defending Gattis I see what Mario tried to do. It doesn’t always work out & that’s ok too.

It is not ok in this regard: everyone but Mario saw it coming and it questions whether he can adapt his mindset enough to achieve his goals of winning championships in modern college football.

Mario is likely the builder we need, but he needs to adapt and build his own mindset to do it and he’s failed his first season.

I think more of the point is that we need to be a program that can win multiple ways. For a long time it’s either been “turnovers” or outscoring the other team. That’s fine for 7-9 wins but it’s not sustainable. Our good teams could put up 40 or win on a late pick six in the cold vs Bc. That’s what uga and Bama have been doing most years, they can win 10-7 or 45-42 and be comfortable either way. Lashlee’s offense was infinitely more fun to watch…. except when teams slowed us down by faking injuries or getting a negative play then we had quick three and outs and the defense fell apart.

Advertisement
I think more of the point is that we need to be a program that can win multiple ways. For a long time it’s either been “turnovers” or outscoring the other team. That’s fine for 7-9 wins but it’s not sustainable. Our good teams could put up 40 or win on a late pick six in the cold vs Bc. That’s what uga and Bama have been doing most years, they can win 10-7 or 45-42 and be comfortable either way. Lashlee’s offense was infinitely more fun to watch…. except when teams slowed us down by faking injuries or getting a negative play then we had quick three and outs and the defense fell apart.
What?

Yes, this is how winning works by outscoring the opposing team. What you're probably trying to describe is having an offense that can put up points and a defense that can make stops when needed. We don't have either. If you're going to win in modern college football you need an offense that can put up points.

The only teams winning 10-7 are nobodies in the Big 10. Think Northwestern vs Indiana. Nobody wants that.

I understand what you are saying, but a good chef can cook you a great meal with substandard ingredients. Especially one with years of experience that is getting paid like Gordon Ramsey.
Lol at Gordon Ramsey....biggest azzwipe in the Culinary profession. There's not ONE Quality Chef in America, who doesn't think he's a joke...

Advertisement
Advertisement
That didn’t come until later on after they were established. I’m talking about the Greg Mcelroy days. Of course you can get an elite guys once you’re rolling but I don’t want to be depending on that.
that doesn't win anymore. thats why saban changed his offensive philosophy. when Bama had healthy WRs, they put up 40+ on UGAs vaunted D

Advertisement
Back