Microwave or Oven?

I know I’m going to get killed but this is how I feel & me having an account allows me to give my opinion.

I do miss Lashlee’s offense & the points we put up but I don’t miss what that offense did versus real teams. Just like Tennessee when they played UGA the other day. Looked totally different.

This team is built for the quick success, that’ll win us some ACC games & get us to a bowl game. That was our ceiling. That was all this program was willing to do & they were fine with it. Go keep the fans base excited enough to keep coming every year Manny & Rhett. Don’t forget to make sure it’s fun. Lots of deep balls & shiny chains.

Now Mario comes in & attempts to implement systems that the big boys use. UGA & Bama. Not OSU who might get lucky in the playoffs, not Clemson who needs a generational QB, not LSU who needs lightning to strike, not Michigan who has the big boys but no athletes but UGA & Bama who can roll Ken Dorsey like QBs out there & win Nattys because they are built for it. Odds of hitting on a Joe Burrow are slim & your season shouldn’t depend on it.

That spread game is nice but when it’s time to really play ball, that shi*t fizzles out a few plays after getting hit in the mouth & realizing this is a real fight. Mario got Gattis who he thought would help push the agenda forward. That might not work out, we’ll see.

This ain’t a defend Gattis thread anyway. This ain’t even a defend Mario thread because while he has a longer clock, that MF is still ticking. This is a defend the type of team/program that Mario is trying to build. A team that shows up hoping that there is a fight because they know they punch harder & you’ll be ready to quit by halftime. Not a team that can only front run if it all goes your way like 2017 ND or needs a couple of good bounces to get to 9 wins.

At baseline he’s trying to build a winning mentality with a winning formula that shows up on any field, in any weather & on any day. That’s the difference between the big boys & the rest of CFB.

I’ll take my food in the oven because yea it takes longer but it tastes better. While the chef is cooking, I don’t keep peaking in the kitchen or try to make ingredient suggestions, I don’t watch in envy as other people enjoy their TV dinners, I be patient & let the chef do his job.

Now when that chef is done & if it’s not the quality I expect, then I make the decision to go find another chef & try again.
Forget the oven. I want my food on the smoker. Long slow steady smoke

Advertisement
that doesn't win anymore. thats why saban changed his offensive philosophy. when Bama had healthy WRs, they put up 40+ on UGAs vaunted D

I never said we didn’t need WRs or we don’t need to be able throw the ball down the field. Just feel like the offense doesn’t need to depend solely on that, so when it doesn’t work we fold.

So when Lashlees offense puts up crazy points on everyone except for the top tier schools, it’s because of the scheme.

When Gattis can’t put up any points against anybody, it’s because of the lack of talent and toughness. Lol.
They don’t get the irony in their own logic.

Advertisement
Dorsey was a 7th round pick who lasted a few years in the NFL. 3 different Bama QBs were drafted in the first rd in recent years (with another 1st rounder on the way) who are all starting and doing pretty well. With arguable the exception of Mac Jones, those Bama QBs have played in wide open type offenses. That comparison is way off base.

Bama was playing in a pro style until Kiffin got there. They then turned to a West Coast, Pro Style. Then they became multiple, & now they r run & shoot under O’Brien.

Gattis was actually a Co-OC under Locksley when Bama started going multiple & ironically, Gattis ran Pro Spread at Michigan. 🤷🏾‍♂️

So when Lashlees offense puts up crazy points on everyone except for the top tier schools, it’s because of the scheme.

When Gattis can’t put up any points against anybody, it’s because of the lack of talent and toughness. Lol.
All this kids don’t buy in or culture narratives is bs. Gattis came in with I’m a broyles award winner listen to me. Them kids brought in til the games had to be played. What does culture or buy in have to do with run mesh concepts on 3rd and long?

You can be a straight up pro style OC, but adapt to your player’s strengths and weaknesses. Gattis does not adapt. There are entire areas of the field his opposing defenses abandon because Gattis is so predictable. I get the percentage of drops in practice are high, but that doesn’t mean you can’t threaten the D with some risk taking plays.

Advertisement
Then you better flush Mario immediately because all the teams you list have head coaches who know Xs and Os at a subject matter expert level.

Let’s not act like Mario can’t get it done. He can. He needs to recruit and build the program and make good hires that go hand in hand with the strengths of the team. Not try to be Michigan or notre lame. If he does that and steps outside his comfort zone then we will be successful

Georgia also had 10x the 5* that Tennessee had and that same offense crushed real defenses. Sometimes the QB has an off day, like Hooker did. To compare what we had with Lashlee to that is foolish

I know I’m going to get killed but this is how I feel & me having an account allows me to give my opinion.

I do miss Lashlee’s offense & the points we put up but I don’t miss what that offense did versus real teams. Just like Tennessee when they played UGA the other day. Looked totally different.

This team is built for the quick success, that’ll win us some ACC games & get us to a bowl game. That was our ceiling. That was all this program was willing to do & they were fine with it. Go keep the fans base excited enough to keep coming every year Manny & Rhett. Don’t forget to make sure it’s fun. Lots of deep balls & shiny chains.

Now Mario comes in & attempts to implement systems that the big boys use. UGA & Bama. Not OSU who might get lucky in the playoffs, not Clemson who needs a generational QB, not LSU who needs lightning to strike, not Michigan who has the big boys but no athletes but UGA & Bama who can roll Ken Dorsey like QBs out there & win Nattys because they are built for it. Odds of hitting on a Joe Burrow are slim & your season shouldn’t depend on it.

That spread game is nice but when it’s time to really play ball, that shi*t fizzles out a few plays after getting hit in the mouth & realizing this is a real fight. Mario got Gattis who he thought would help push the agenda forward. That might not work out, we’ll see.

This ain’t a defend Gattis thread anyway. This ain’t even a defend Mario thread because while he has a longer clock, that MF is still ticking. This is a defend the type of team/program that Mario is trying to build. A team that shows up hoping that there is a fight because they know they punch harder & you’ll be ready to quit by halftime. Not a team that can only front run if it all goes your way like 2017 ND or needs a couple of good bounces to get to 9 wins.

At baseline he’s trying to build a winning mentality with a winning formula that shows up on any field, in any weather & on any day. That’s the difference between the big boys & the rest of CFB.

I’ll take my food in the oven because yea it takes longer but it tastes better. While the chef is cooking, I don’t keep peaking in the kitchen or try to make ingredient suggestions, I don’t watch in envy as other people enjoy their TV dinners, I be patient & let the chef do his job.

Now when that chef is done & if it’s not the quality I expect, then I make the decision to go find another chef & try again.
Congratulations on the post of the month..............you literally asked the fans, what do they want?.
The flash and glamour without substance?...............or the meat and potatoes to build a program that has an identity and longevity in it's DNA.....big difference.
Great post monopoly.......truth bruh...

Advertisement
This is a false dichotomy that's so dumb, I thought I was on the politics board. You can build your team for the future while simultaneously beating MTSU. You can instill your values without being kept out of the endzone in 3 separate regulation games. We aren't going to or from the triple option here. Right now it doesn't matter if it's a microwave or an oven, because what's cooking with Gattis and some of this staff is a big ol plate of doo doo

Last edited:
The metaphor is right, but **** I feel like I've chipped about 5 teeth and gotten salmonella eating at this restaurant this year.
That’s because a lot of our fans keep chewing on the spoons and forks. The “meal” isn’t done yet.

Advertisement

I get what you're saying and your post isn't bad. The part about Tennessee vs Georgia is tough to defend. Unless something really strange happens, and it certainly could, right now it's Georgia then everybody else. Also, Heupel is in year 2 and it wasn't that long ago when Tennessee was as Effed up as we were (still are). Surely I would love to have Tennessee's success year 2 at the U next year. Unless SERIOUS CHANGES are made, it ain't happening.

Advertisement
Back