Michigan vs Alabama CFP Semi Final

Advertisement
A buddy of mine in coaching and I talk Mario a lot. We think Mario is fighting for his life with the locker room. For sure Mario cost us GT, which did him no favors, but the locker room culture just stinks.
I don’t doubt what you are saying.

That type of coaching style gets old quick especially if you have nothing to show for it in terms of wins.

It hurt Saban and Schiano in the NFL. Jason Taylor wanted to kick Saban’s ***.

Advertisement
Got to be the player at this point I’m sure they practise it
No. Continuing to play a center with consistent issues snapping the football is a bad coaching decision. Bama may not have another center to step in and handle all the responsibilities of the position, so its the only decision to make. Live with occasional bad snaps and hope one doesn't cost you a game. Not every issue can be resolved in game or in season.

Advertisement
These teams are good but not great

Definitely not the most talented Bama team we’ve seen but they’re still very fundamentally sound

Michigan is Michigan. McCarthy is meh,
But their DL and OL are very good

Messy game overall with a lot of mistakes

Advertisement
Advertisement
And Milroe isn’t exactly a world beater with his arm, and you don’t necessarily need a QB that can move like him, but if this day and age you’re still recruiting statues then you’re just leaving yards on the field every game

McCarthy can run.

But you’re not going to use him like a battering ram into a condensed set. He doesn’t have a body for that.

So you either spread teams out and run read-option with him.

Or, if you’re going to bunch the box, not run him into the heart of a loaded up front.

Watching this game shows me how extremely far we are away from competing with teams like this

Advertisement
Back