Michigan vs Alabama CFP Semi Final

He turned them around immediately. They were 10 win team year 1. It isn't Ironic.

I guess we got 2 different definitions of turning around. The only turnaround i recognize is beating your hated rivals otw to competing for ships.

**** Brady Hoke had Michigan at 10 wins so i aint calling that a turnaround.

Advertisement
Streameast fvcked from too many ppl watching and YouTube all getting taken down. So annoying.

I predicted UofM would win and so would Washington. So far so good. Michigan will out adjust BAMA at the half and pull away. In spite of shooting themselves in the foot through much of the 1st quarter, they have dominated the game.

Now, they need to put this thing away.

Advertisement
Captain Obvious reporting for duty:

Do you notice how disciplined both teams are?

Doesn’t seem like bad seats level wise unlike some stadiums?

Bro, I’ve been to the Rosebowl more than the Coliseum l (simply b/c one of my old heads <RIP> was an UCLA employee & stayed w/ tix. Great atmosphere to watch a ball game. They’ve had poor attendance since COVID, but the way it’s constructed, not a bad seat. Was there for our last championship, & it was a fun time. Even though technically the RB was a Pro-Stadium, its old school construction gives it more of a college feel than say HRS.

Only drawback is it’s so **** far from UCLA’s campus & it’s bad traffic both going to & coming from which is a detractor if UCLA is not good. It’s not worth the students’ time when they can stay back & watch the game in the student village.

Bama no longer has a coaching advantage in these games.

Rees and Steele are cheeks.
As long as Bama has Saban on the sideline they'll always hold the coaching advantage. Bama no longer holds the outlandish talent advantage on the LOS over everyone else the way they use to.

Advertisement
Bro, I’ve been to the Rosebowl more than the Coliseum l (simply b/c one of my old heads <RIP> was an UCLA employee & stayed w/ tix. Great atmosphere to watch a ball game. They’ve had poor attendance since COVID, but the way it’s constructed, not a bad seat. Was there for our last championship, & it was a fun time. Even though technically the RB was a Pro-Stadium, its old school construction gives it more of a college feel than say HRS.

Only drawback is it’s so **** far from UCLA’s campus & it’s bad traffic both going to & coming from which is a detractor if UCLA is not good. It’s not worth the students’ time when they can stay back & watch the game in the student village.
I was at the Rose Bowl vs Nebraska, too. Seats high up on 20 yard line, Miami sideline. Unfortunately the only Miami TD I saw was the first deep one to Andre Johnson. Ran right in front of me. The Portis TD run, Lewis Pick 6, Shockey TD, and Dre's 2nd TD were all opposite side.

Still, a great experience and stadium.

If that’s what u wanna believe & go to sleep on
You’re probably right. Hard to perform at the level of incompetence shown by Mario.

Harbaugh just has a knack for crapping the bed in big games. His last two playoff appearances, as well as how the team looked to start was my reasoning (as poor as it might be).

Lolol. I feel where you coming from. Yet, its ironic you say that as we watch Harbaugh. Lolol

I believe the difference is this: Harbaugh took over a 5-7 UofM team that was in anarchy as students & fans literally staged a protest in front of the ADs office, & went 20-6 his first two yrs there. Harbaughs worst year was Covid 2020, when the B1G wasn’t even sure they were going to play ball; other than that, he went 47-18 his first 5 yrs, a bad 2020, & have been a perennial CFP participant since 2021.

Myself @mcnaire2004 have provided conclusive, substantiated data showing trajectory of elite coaches for decades, & u’ll usually see it by year 2, no later than year 3. Harbaugh took a woeful UofM program under Hoke & Rich Rod (sans 2011 miracle season) & immediately turned them into a perennial AP Top 15 program. I think that’s the point he’s making.

Hence, y I said in another thread if Canes’ fans are stating winning 8 games next yr is progress, then that’s a complete slap to the face & an insult to our intelligence.

Advertisement
I was at the Rose Bowl vs Nebraska, too. Seats high up on 20 yard line, Miami sideline. Unfortunately the only Miami TD I saw was the first deep one to Andre Johnson. Ran right in front of me. The Portis TD run, Lewis Pick 6, Shockey TD, and Dre's 2nd TD were all opposite side.

Still, a great experience and stadium.

I was there as well. Right behind the GameDay set, endzone, and the right side of the field for us. Had a blast, magical night, and tailgate to the north of the field with the mountains in the background was great. Talked to Larry King (Wife number whatever suggested a picture with the 3 of us, lol) briefly for the first time and Gino was crowd pleasing, but as hospitable as always.

Young at the time, but gathered around the GameDay set and whenever Corso would talk we all were yelling Corso sucks. You could hear it on the broadcast. I wouldn't do that now and I don't mind the guy at all, very nice person in person, but that's what the early 20's will do to ya.

Advertisement
I believe the difference is this: Harbaugh took over a 5-7 UofM team that was in anarchy as students & fans literally staged a protest in front of the ADs office, & went 20-6 his first two yrs there. Harbaughs worst year was Covid 2020, when the B1G wasn’t even sure they were going to play ball; other than that, he went 47-18 his first 5 yrs, a bad 2020, & have been a perennial CFP participant since 2021.

Myself @mcnaire2004 have provided conclusive, substantiated data showing trajectory of elite coaches for decades, & u’ll usually see it by year 2, no later than year 3. Harbaugh took a woeful UofM program under Hoke & Rich Rod (sans 2011 miracle season) & immediately turned them into a perennial AP Top 15 program. I think that’s the point he’s making.

Hence, y I said in another thread if Canes’ fans are stating winning 8 games next yr is progress, then that’s a complete slap to the face & an insult to our intelligence.
If Mario wasn't such a bone head vs. GT, we win 8 games this year. Winning 8 games next year is a colossal failure.

IIRC he let Rutgers bleed a bunch of time after a second down play when he 100 percent should’ve called timeout. But it’s pretty obvious at this point he has no clue how to manage a clock
Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football. If Brown got sacked, this whole site would have cried because they ran out of time. We were setting ourselves up for a field goal. We only got in distance to try a TD was because of the 15 yard penalty

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football. If Brown got sacked, this whole site would have cried because they ran out of time. We were setting ourselves up for a field goal. We only got in distance to try a TD was because of the 15 yard penalty
Alright man you got it

If Mario wasn't such a bone head vs. GT, we win 8 games this year. Winning 8 games next year is a colossal failure.
I hope you're not suggesting "it was really 8 wins this year." Because it really wasn't. 8 wins this year would still miss the mark.

I agree with your second sentence.

Advertisement
Back