Michigan Runs Bro Style

Advertisement
The CIS argument isn’t an argument because Clemson has won it multiple times without top 5 classes. You have to be over 50 percent, period.
And Michigan was.

Why are you including 2 teams that lost. Are we trying to get all the way there and lose!?

And I don’t know if you realize this but it’s about to get harder to win it all. Washington or TCU only had to win 2 games. Now it’s most likely gonna be 4 games and at the minimum 3. So try winning 3 or 4 games in a row against teams that have more talent than u…good luck.
…also, to answer your question, “Are we trying to get all the way there and lose”? How bout we try just winning 9 to 10 games for starters and win a bowl game by having competent head coaching and play calling. Then we can talk about getting to the CFP and maybe playing for a ‘ship.

Michigan guard was massive. Why do we always assume guards are smaller than tackles?

Advertisement
What made you think that? lol.. Mario teams even at Oregon were highly penalized, lol.. We were #95 this season and last year #94. '21 we were #105 and Oregon was worse at #111. Mario is more recruiting, oline and backend structure to overcome his on field shortcoming.

Michigan was tied for #1 in least penalized. They were #1 in turnover margin. They made no mistakes and forced teams to make mistakes.. They were also one of the top tackling teams in nation per pff.

Because of the personality. And his wannabe-Saban act.

If Mario team is not as disciplined in 9 years i would be very concerned. I would be concerned if it 4 or 5

UO’s penalties from 2018-2021:
2018 - 32nd in penalties/ 48th in penalty yards
2019 - 92nd in penalties/113th in penalty yards
2020 - 32nd in penalties/ 35th in penalty yards
2021 - 119th in penalties 113th in penalty yards

Miami penalties from 2022-2023:
2022 - 90th in penalties/ 79th in penalty yards
2023 - 78th in penalties/100th in penalty yards

I don’t have FIU’s stats nor would I count that against him; however, in Mario’s 4 of 6 yrs as a HC of a P5 team, his teams have been one of the worst disciplined thus far. Now, can this be cleaned up? Sure, but all I’m doing is providing a cautionary tale of a trend.

Advertisement
This right here. OL is a machine and more importantly they’re organized and execute very, very well. Thats a combo of coaching and players for those of you who like to simply criticize everything our coaches do (and yes Mario is a bonehead sometimes).
That plus very innovative misdirection, much much more than a great line.

Harbaugh is a somewhat better HC than Cristofail.
They are universes apart. Maybe Mario will get there someday. He's definitely bringing in some elite talent in the trenches. As of right now, they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Michigan and Miami run a Bro style offense and that is where the similarities end.

Michigan's bro-style wasn't looking so good against Bama. They got stuffed for the most part. Most of their success on offense came from some creative play calling. Using motion and creating mismatches in the passing game, especially with their quick running backs. I saw at least 10 plays where Michigan's offense totally out schemed Bama's defense. How many times all year did our offense out scheme the opponents defense? Maybe 3 times all year, with all those plays coming in the A&M game.

So yeah, Bro style football can win a championship, but needs elite coaching. Discipline (penalties and turnovers), creative play calling when needed, adapting during the game, are all part of elite coaching. We have none of that. We just have the bro style philosophy with nothing else.

Michigan guard was massive. Why do we always assume guards are smaller than tackles?

Who assumes that? Maybe I'm wrong but I think most people assume that Guards are heavier and usually slower than Tackles. They typically have to battle DTs. They work in a phone booth. Tackles tend to be more athletic. They tend to be tall because that correlates with arm length. Tackles have to extend their arms and quickly get out in space to try to block athletic DEs.

I don’t have FIU’s stats nor would I count that against him; however, in Mario’s 4 of 6 yrs as a HC of a P5 team, his teams have been one of the worst disciplined thus far. Now, can this be cleaned up? Sure, but all I’m doing is providing a cautionary tale of a trend.
Important point, a lot of coaches fancy themselves tough old school leather helmet type coaches but if your team isn't playing clean mistake-free football and elite defense then you can't simply roll out there in 22 personnel and hand the ball off all day and be Michigan, you are just larping in that case.

Advertisement

It can be cleaned up but not by Cristobal.
3 possibilities- 1. Cristobal is indifferent to penalties 2. players don't respect Cristobal or 3. Cristobal isn't getting the message across.

I have to look back to my own HS football days. The coaches were merciless on players for commiting penalties. My team got occasionally penalized for what I would describe as effort plays - CB gets a PI trying to stop a WR who has him beat, hold on OL trying to stop a defender from hitting the QB, etc. You'd get scolded during film session, but coaches understood it. But we almost never had false starts or offsides. Doesn't matter how good a player was, a false start meant gassers on Monday. And if a player got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty - God help his soul.

It can be cleaned up but not by Cristobal.
3 possibilities- 1. Cristobal is indifferent to penalties 2. players don't respect Cristobal or 3. Cristobal isn't getting the message across.

I have to look back to my own HS football days. The coaches were merciless on players for commiting penalties. My team got occasionally penalized for what I would describe as effort plays - CB gets a PI trying to stop a WR who has him beat, hold on OL trying to stop a defender from hitting the QB, etc. You'd get scolded during film session, but coaches understood it. But we almost never had false starts or offsides. Doesn't matter how good a player was, a false start meant gassers on Monday. And if a player got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty - God help his soul.
This season will tell me what i need to know about the penalties tbh.

The real pro style was on the defensive side of ball..

The communication on the backend of Michigans defense is fluid, and it's elite. Last night was the first time they really had a bust in coverage do to miscommunication in some time and I think they just couldn't hear one another at times or maybe changed signals before the game and it was true miscommunication.

makes me wanna fire Addae even more lmao.

Advertisement
The communication on the backend of Michigans defense is fluid, and it's elite. Last night was the first time they really had a bust in coverage do to miscommunication in some time and I think they just couldn't hear one another at times or maybe changed signals before the game and it was true miscommunication.

makes me wanna fire Addae even more lmao.
Coulda sworn I saw on here someone say Mario gave him an extension.. not sure if that was confirmed..

Coulda sworn I saw on here someone say Mario gave him an extension.. not sure if that was confirmed..
In the 'D$ predictions thread', D$ said he's confident in staff changes coming and a lot of folks saying Addae for obvious reasons but no mention of extensions

Surely yall aren't expecting OUR bro-style to look like their's in year one, right?

Yall kill me. SMH 😆

Can an OC be here for more than one season and recruit his own players before yall start talkin' ****?

Like, yall really think this **** is plug-and-play. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Michigan has been running their system (and recruiting for it) for years. Why the **** would anybody expect our **** to look anything like theirs?

Advertisement
Back