Michigan Runs Bro Style

This was a more experienced team than I thought. It only had two sophomore starters on offense, three on defense. The rest were GR's/SR's.

They spend all their nil on player retention and it worked.

Paid corum to come back. Their juniors usually don’t leave for the nfl

Advertisement
Maybe I'm old-school but when did the term Smashmouth football turn into "Bro ball"

What world am I living in? lmao

Is This Real Life David After Dentist GIF

Jim is miles ahead of Mario. And it took him 9 years to get it done.

By the way, he took a 5-7 Michigan program and went 10-3 in year 1 and 10-3 in year 2.

We always do this to justify our current shltty coach. Nick Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe.
Justify??? It’s facts of life brother. Gotta go through the grind to get to the top. That Jim is miles ahead of Mario??? Duh 🙄…. That’s why he’s a champion right now but lost constantly to Ohio State prior and now has a 3 game winning streak in the series. Michigan hadn’t won since Charles Woodson in 1997. That’s a longer drought than the U. You wouldn’t have been ok with consistency at 10-3 because it lead to nothing special so don’t tell me about how greater Jim is than Mario. You’d be the first to want Jim fired after not winning any titles in the first 3 seasons. Thank you for making me laugh this morning.😂🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
Like anything else football moves in cycles. It was only a matter of time before a big, well coached O-Line took advantage of all these 4-2 and 3-3-5 formations built to stop the spread. I expect to see more programs move at least in that direction to some degree.

Last edited:
Like anything else football moves in cycles. In was only a matter of time before a big, well coached O-Line took advantage of all these 4-2 and 3-3-5 formations built to stop the spread. I expect to see more programs move at least in that direction to some degree.
The running game has become just as important as it was ten years ago. You are right things move in cycles/circles.

Advertisement
Bunch of good insight in here. Point is seems like UM wants to run what Michigan runs…but just can’t pull it off (pause) just yet for a litany of reasons. We either need to figure out that ain’t us and adapt, or figure out how to execute it way better. That will be the factor that determines if Mario succeeds or not in my humble opinion.

I understand that a lot of CIS doesn't watch non-Miami games outside of the championship game but if you did watch a lot of Michigan football games this year, you wouldn't be so excited about their offense. A lot of their games were legit struggles to move the ball at all. They play great defense and had the most ridiculous turnover ratio ever this year. I think they had like 5 turnovers the whole season and 4 of them were in one game against a weak opponent they beat easily.

Advertisement
Not every game is going to be pretty. Does that make my post any less true ? Can Mario come up with an offensive gameplan or adjust to what the defense is doing mid game?
Its only an excuse that its not gonna be pretty with other teams. Thats the point. All yall see from Cristobal is faults. Nothing was pretty about Michigan. They are well coached and physically imposing. They just beat the pretty team by 3 TDs.

Advertisement
I understand that a lot of CIS doesn't watch non-Miami games outside of the championship game but if you did watch a lot of Michigan football games this year, you wouldn't be so excited about their offense. A lot of their games were legit struggles to move the ball at all. They play great defense and had the most ridiculous turnover ratio ever this year. I think they had like 5 turnovers the whole season and 4 of them were in one game against a weak opponent they beat easily.
Their offense was on cruise control and then McCarthy got hurt at Penn St and hindered them. It's also the game where they scored their fewest amount of points. They scored at least 30 on the #2 team in country twice this year. Yes paired with a sicko defense, that's enough to win. But their offense came up clutch all year long. Can't knock that. I would love to have their offense and their efficiency.

Michigan is a top coached team in the country.

Michigan has a player lead leadership mentality

Michigan only had 5 turnovers all year

Michigan only had 46 penalties or something like that all year.

Michigan doesn’t spend money on high school kids really which creates a culture

Michigan pays their current players big NIL to stay and develop

They have a an NFL DC

They have an NFL head coach.

Michigan is much more than bro style ball. They proved “old school” can still win championships which I enjoy to see but Mario has a long way to go in reaching all the other levels that Michigan is at that I listed above.
Michigan is the definition of bro style. They emblem would have a big M on it. These other things outside of the field are cultural issues that the HC had 9 years to put in place. On the field. BRO STYLE

Cristobal will never be a coaching genius. But i have no doubt, if he gets time that Harbaugh had and prolly even sooner. He will not only build a similar team, he will build a better team. Because he will recruit better skill players. No question in my mind. Its simply about time frame. Michigan went 26 years between titles btw.

Advertisement
Back