Michael Pratt

Haven’t watched every game but here are his stats:

View attachment 267566
Stats don’t tell the full picture considering they play some really bad defenses in the AAC.

I get it. I’m not saying he’s bad. But for a potential P5 QB, he’s mid imo. Just my opinion, which means nothing in real life.

Pratt shows me low ceiling, high floor vibes. I’ll link some condensed play-by-play YouTube highlights later when I get home.

Advertisement
Do they?

Kansas St (2022): 13/26, 176yds, 1 TD, 2 INT. Offense scored 17pts.

Tulsa (2022): 11/19, 125yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT. Tulsa was 3-6.

ECU (2023): 16/25, 215yds, 1 TD. Offense scored 13 points against a 1-8 team.

Tulsa (2023): 16/29, 194yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. Offense scored 24 points against a 3-7 team.

Today through a half: 3/9, 68 yards, 1 TD.

From what I’ve seen, he’s a very good game manager that has no elite traits other than being a good runner. He routinely pads stats against bad defenses and underperforms against some really bad teams (kind of like our team this year). Maybe it’s a perfect match.

Now, I have no idea what him and Dawson would look like. Maybe it’s a good match. Maybe Mario wants a QB that can’t stretch the field and controls the ball for 9 minutes. If that’s the case, then ok.

But we should be shooting wayyyy higher than this. Today’s version of TVD is better than Michael Pratt. Don’t think it’s close imo. But TVD is inconsistent.
You named 4 games in 3 years with no mention of his performances against Oklahoma and UCF…twice. Just admit you’re biased. No one is expecting him to come here and win a heisman but he’s clearly better than TVD.

oh **** yeah i just watched some of his 2022 highlights. he's far superior from what ive seen from pratt or remember seeing from rogers. looks like he had another good year this year. there rumblings he looking to portal?
Ward I would assume hits the portal, and will have his choice of schools. He’s already transferred once, but 1. He’s a grad transfer, and 2. Considering Wazzu isn’t in a P5 conference next season, I assume he’ll want to play in meaningful games for his final collegiate season.

You named 4 games in 3 years with no mention of his performances against Oklahoma and UCF…twice. Just admit you’re biased. No one is expecting him to come here and win a heisman but he’s clearly better than TVD.
My sister could score on Oklahoma and UCF and USC and Memphis and North Texas and UAB, etc. And he completed under 50% of passes against USC lol, they just ran down their throats.

I linked Kst because they’re a respectable P5 defense, similar to what he’d play against on a daily basis in the ACC. I linked the other three because they’re complete underperformances. There’s a few more I could add if you’d like.

I know you have an emotional connection to him because like you said, you saw him in HS. It’s a good eval on your end because he’s better than Tulane-level of comp. I’m just saying don’t expect 10 wins with him at Miami, imo. Low ceiling, high floor. It’s a safe pick, and not worth a large chunk of NIL.

I’m only ok with him at QB if you allocate all that $$ to surround him with elite talent. Offense and defense.

Ward I would assume hits the portal, and will have his choice of schools. He’s already transferred once, but 1. He’s a grad transfer, and 2. Considering Wazzu isn’t in a P5 conference next season, I assume he’ll want to play in meaningful games for his final collegiate season.
got ya. i was talking about the memphis kid. am super impressed by what i see

Advertisement
Stats don’t tell the full picture considering they play some really bad defenses in the AAC.

I get it. I’m not saying he’s bad. But for a potential P5 QB, he’s mid imo. Just my opinion, which means nothing in real life.

Pratt shows me low ceiling, high floor vibes. I’ll link some condensed play-by-play YouTube highlights later when I get home.
Martial Arts Spinning GIF by Arrow Video

@cway313

Through one half, 5/13 for 67 yards. One completion was 43 yards, so the other attempts are 4/12, 24 yards…

I’d expect Tulane to lean on Hughes and the run game. He’s a workhorse right now.

Advertisement
That’s the thing about the portal and Miami specifically. A lot of guys want to come back home.

Just have to make sure you bring the right ones home. Not JAGS.
The problem is outside of Porter and maybe Parrish they have all been Jags. We arent bringing in good players from Miami. I don't know why this year would be any different.

Advertisement
The problem is outside of Porter and maybe Parrish they have all been Jags. We arent bringing in good players from Miami. I don't know why this year would be any different.
Porter, Davis and Parrish all played a lot before transferring back and that’s why I believe they have been decent.

A lot of these guys, like Harrell, Ladson, etc, didn’t really play where they went.

Example for this upcoming year - **** no to Jacory Brooks if he enters the portal, etc.

Through one half, 5/13 for 67 yards. One completion was 43 yards, so the other attempts are 4/12, 24 yards…

I’d expect Tulane to lean on Hughes and the run game. He’s a workhorse right now.
Pratt already implementing the bro-style.... Mario way ahead of the portal sending Tulane the playbook....

Chess!

😎

Pratt already implementing the bro-style.... Mario way ahead of the portal sending Tulane the playbook....

Chess!

😎
I’m watching this game and the first thing I noticed is that the Tulane offense looks pretty similar to this year’s Miami offense.

Advertisement
Good run there, no idea what UTSA was thinking with zero linebackers spying on a 3rd and long

Advertisement
Back