Michael McClaughlin senior footage

I think he's just adjusting to the new weight and relatively new position (former TE). He's a basketball kid and moves well on the court:

No doubt. I know he played bball. Just don’t want him gaining too Much weight. I want to see him come in at 270-275

Advertisement
He’s a take all the way no doubt about it. But man who’s his OL coach lolll his upper body flies up before he even kick steps on pass pro.

Looks the part, but I think this kid will be a colossal bust. Slow plodder who as another pointed out, looks like he's stuck in sand. Balance looks poor as well. I'm sure that won't be a popular opinion, but I haven't seen one thing that makes me think he can play at this level.
Dude, he hasnt even graduated from high school yet.

Amen. We need age. Wisconsin's starting OL is a 6th-year player, a 5th-year player, and three 4th-year players.

Next year, we will have a 5th-year Donaldson, 5th-year Gaynor, 4th-year Scaife, 4th-year Campbell and 3rd-year Zion and Clark (with a ton of starts between them). They should be better.

Do you really think Williams is going to leave for the NFL? My goodness, these kids really need to adjust their expectations.

It should be
6th year Williams RT
5th year Donaldson RG
5th year Gaynor C
4th year Scaife LG
4th year Campbell/3rd year Zion LT

3rd year Clarke + 2nd year Rivers as #7&8

Do you really think Williams is going to leave for the NFL? My goodness, these kids really need to adjust their expectations.

It should be
6th year Williams RT
5th year Donaldson RG
5th year Gaynor C
4th year Scaife LG
4th year Campbell/3rd year Zion LT

3rd year Clarke + 2nd year Rivers as #7&8

Williams is already in his 6th year. I’d be surprised if he stayed.

Advertisement
Looks the part, but I think this kid will be a colossal bust. Slow plodder who as another pointed out, looks like he's stuck in sand. Balance looks poor as well. I'm sure that won't be a popular opinion, but I haven't seen one thing that makes me think he can play at this level.
Did you expect him to look like a 5 star in his first ever start at LT? I'm sure he is doing a ton of thinking and we all know how slow you can be when you are thinking about everything you are doing. If he pans out, he shouldn't see the field until his 3rd year at UM and at that point we'll see what he has developed into. He's a project for sure.

Advertisement
First game was last night v. Coral Springs. Looks every bit of 290 and has a prototypical tackle body. Still needs to clean things up technique wise but he is at least finishing his blocks against subpar competition:

Looks like a waist bender big time, but that is expected at this point in his development. Seems like he's getting too far over his feet wanting to lay the wood on people. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Did you expect him to look like a 5 star in his first ever start at LT? I'm sure he is doing a ton of thinking and we all know how slow you can be when you are thinking about everything you are doing. If he pans out, he shouldn't see the field until his 3rd year at UM and at that point we'll see what he has developed into. He's a project for sure.

We'll see, no question he is a project.

No, I don't expect him to be a 5 star. What's he rated, 4? He doesn't even look like a 3 star at this point. He didn't play like one either on his camp footage.

Point blank, he looks like he's got three left feet. Okay, he's added weight, probably bad weight. I just don't see it regardless. Hope he works out as I want all the best for anyone we sign.

Advertisement
Amen. We need age. Wisconsin's starting OL is a 6th-year player, a 5th-year player, and three 4th-year players.

Next year, we will have a 5th-year Donaldson, 5th-year Gaynor, 4th-year Scaife, 4th-year Campbell and 3rd-year Zion and Clark (with a ton of starts between them). They should be better.
2nd year Rivers will outclass all of them.

Advertisement
He’s a project. Y’all gotta chill. We are not landing Alex leatherwood types so this is the route we’re taking
Besides athe 4 stars Miami does get somehow are busts anyways. It’s time for a change in theory and evaluations.

Milo, Herbert, Reed, Scaife, Donaldson were all very highly ranked recruits who disappointed.

I’m more than fine with them trying to develop over a longer timeline athletic guys with the frame to grow and trying to mimic some Big 10 teams than thinking they are going to slug it out with SEC bags and get the highly rated south Florida offensive linemen who actually are worth their rating.

Rivers and Walker are the guys who should push for jobs next year, beyond that everyone else is a developmental guy.

Advertisement
Back