Michael McClaughlin senior footage

Advertisement
Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
First game was last night v. Coral Springs. Looks every bit of 290 and has a prototypical tackle body. Still needs to clean things up technique wise but he is finishing:

His feet look like they’re in sand. Kid that big needs to work on his feet the most.

Advertisement
Coral Springs is not very talented. He needs ALOT of work. Work on his feet, sure, but my bigger concern are his hands. His set is very low, he swings back before engaging, and catches into his body. That’s a massive concern for me.

Lol the dude he is putting in the dirt is like 200 lbs ! Not impressed

he does look slow too

smh we need some **** blue chips

Coral Springs is not very talented. He needs ALOT of work. Work on his feet, sure, but my bigger concern are his hands. His set is very low, he swings back before engaging, and catches into his body. That’s a massive concern for me.

Feet, athletically, look ok to me, thinks it’s more about the terrible technique. That’s horrid coaching. Looks like he walked off the street and put on pads.

Advertisement
Looks the part, but I think this kid will be a colossal bust. Slow plodder who as another pointed out, looks like he's stuck in sand. Balance looks poor as well. I'm sure that won't be a popular opinion, but I haven't seen one thing that makes me think he can play at this level.
Our D ends will eat dude alive

run circles around him

Advertisement
To the doubters..Hes not a plug and play kid. He is a 2-3 year project. But he has the tools size wise. Let Lashlee work with him and see what happens in a few years.

Lets just hope the days of us having to play OL in the first 2 years (unless they are a 5* cant miss prospect) are over in the program. I am glad the staff is not rushing Rivers and Walker into action who were both premier prospects themselves. The "Zion Nelson/Jakari Clark playing yr 1" days should be over now with the depth we are building. Both of those kids had no business playing last year. And Clark shouldnt be playing this year if Donaldson wasnt having his issues.

Lets just hope the days of us having to play OL in the first 2 years (unless they are a 5* cant miss prospect) are over in the program. I am glad the staff is not rushing Rivers and Walker into action who were both premier prospects themselves. The "Zion Nelson/Jakari Clark playing yr 1" days should be over now with the depth we are building. Both of those kids had no business playing last year. And Clark shouldnt be playing this year if Donaldson wasnt having his issues.

Amen. We need age. Wisconsin's starting OL is a 6th-year player, a 5th-year player, and three 4th-year players.

Next year, we will have a 5th-year Donaldson, 5th-year Gaynor, 4th-year Scaife, 4th-year Campbell and 3rd-year Zion and Clark (with a ton of starts between them). They should be better.

Advertisement
Back