Michael Johnson

Advertisement
Advertisement
It would have helped with TV.

Do you know that for certain? Valentine was committed to Louisville at one point, so why didn't he stay with Louisville since Johnson's also committed to Louisville.

Valentine wanted to go to LSU for more than one reason - LSU sending linemen to the league, money, Miami's current defensive scheme (or lackthereof depending on how you want to see it), etc...

Advertisement
Johnson wanted to be at Miami and Genron wanted Johnson at Miami. That's one of the things that ****ed Genron off most about the staff. He was ****ed they didn't even offer MJ. And a happy Genron might have been less likely to steer TV toward LSU.

Johnson wanted to be at Miami and Genron wanted Johnson at Miami. That's one of the things that ****ed Genron off most about the staff. He was ****ed they didn't even offer MJ. And a happy Genron might have been less likely to steer TV toward LSU.

Money talks and TV is Genron's bggest pay day yet I would guesstimate ( cough cough)! So offering Johnson would not have made a difference. Also Johnsn attended a UM camp this summer and came in about 15lbs lighter than the staff thought he was so they asked him to hit the gym and improve his nutrition then come back to a later camp 5-10lbs heavier. He didn't get in done , another factor was at the camp in coverage he was getting abused by brando powell which is what earned Powell his UM offer while costing Johnson his offer. So there is alot that goes into evaluation.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Do u guys think maybe there is a little more that goes into evaluation than just film

I don't know this kid but I always read about someone's film

We had a kid at our high school that was a top golfer in the area lose his scholarship for felony drug possession did not make the papers but coaches knew and he was dropped

I thought he had some honey badgerish traits to him. That champagnat program has to be sheisty as **** judging by what I saw them do in ball growing up.

Advertisement

Johnson is jag, not Patrick Johnson/Peterson. TV was on the auction block once he started to blow up. Loserville couldn't keep up beasue Hurtt had to behave, and LSU was highest bidder. UM commit was just a place holder for Genron to drive the price up at LSU. Kid actually likes Miami, so tigers had to keep uping the ante. We are fighting these recruiting wars with a rock when everyone esle has machineguns and RPGs. You have to love any top recruit we land because you know we are not paying them.

Advertisement
overstocking on Safeties this year would be a bad move, seeing that next year is arguably the most talented Safety class in SFL ever...

Advertisement
Back