michael johnson louisville commit

The crazy thing is it's not like we have to worry about using up the only schollie we have for a safety on this kid. Unless the coaches are full blown retards, we probably have 2-3 slots allotted for safety, which means you can secure at least one early commit from a really nice looking prospect with a solid offer list right in your own backyard (even if he's not in the very top tier of your safety board).

Advertisement
I think he will definitely be evaluated this year...No reason to rush the offer...let his senior season speak for itself

its not like we are not actively recruiting the kid...just take your time and see what prospects emerge...

We can't just give a kid a scholly cuz he "wants to be a cane" there has to be a full evaluation

This kind of thinking only works with players who your aren't sure of talent-wise, character-wise, or both! If this young man has the grades and character then he needs to get an offer asap cause the talent is clearly there.

I've followed recruiting since the coker years and it seems like early contact and early offers mean more to players now then ever. We need to be the first to offer studs in our own backyard. I'd rather have this kid on board now then to have to chase him come November. For as many times as a player like Rashard Robinson drove himself down to Coral Gables, and then went on to sign with the first big time college to contact and offer him, shows you that you can't ignore what it means to these guys.

Coley even mentioned the importance of being first to find a player and offer them. IT MATTERS!

What makes you think he is a stud???

I think Golden has proven to offer talented players early in fact a year or even 2 years in advance

The kid was listed as a WR...They know more about the kid then we do and may want to see if he transitions

well at the position....You can't always just jump and offer...Al and this staff have done a very detailed job

and staying in front of recruiting. Robinson was a kid that 3 years consecutively they have sent their top

athlete and LSU has a pipline in his school..AL was close to flipping but the pipleline was established when
Patrick Peterson chose LSU over Miami he was cousins with a former cane and still chose LSU...SO everyone
can use Robinson's story but they need the entire facts...Miami recruited the kid hard all year.

We have got to stop waiting so long to offer kids...........especially when they have talent and WANT to be a cane. Got to take some inner city average to above average contributors because you never know who they're friends with......................and it makes other kids and coaches happy..........TAKE care of home is all I'm saying offer this kid let him commit and grow your class and favor with coaches.

Alof of these guys are being told by their coaches to commit early on to their best junior offer and use it as a security blanket or backup plan. I'm a fairly new coach in SoFla area but I hear it all the time. Commit early, flirt with other schools and decommit late if you feel you have a better offer somewhere. These kids are being led with the idea that these college coaches don't have any loyalty and to look out for themselves. Also in this case i'm pretty sure his teammate Chuck who is a 2013 Louisville commit (after decomitting from Ole Miss) is in his ear as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a late flip if he gets a Miami offer.

Last edited:
We have got to stop waiting so long to offer kids...........especially when they have talent and WANT to be a cane. Got to take some inner city average to above average contributors because you never know who they're friends with......................and it makes other kids and coaches happy..........TAKE care of home is all I'm saying offer this kid let him commit and grow your class and favor with coaches.

And then what happens if we have other prospects we...gasp...like better late and we drop this kid? If FSU does it they get a free pass (for whatever reason). If we do it we get a ****storm (see: Kirkland...and I am not even convinced we handled that incorrectly).

Maybe the staff thinks there are 5 safeties they like locally, and are going to use this summer's camps as a way to sort it out. I have no idea. but either way we do not owe these kids a damned thing.

Advertisement
How many kids have we offered in the past early that turned out to be busts? Golden wants to evaluate these kids to make sure he gets the right ones

You dont just offer kids from south florida just because they would commit maybe we are waiting there is 10 months b4 NSD and people are going crazy about this kid commiting to UL who cares if he really wants to come here he can wait until AL or whom ever offers him please stop complaining the university does not owe them anything :neonu:

I agree that this staff needs to send offers out earlier. Like it or not, these kids pay attention heavily to who offered when and it does play into their decision a lot of times. For example, if Miami offered a kid like Quincy Wilson right now, it's already too late.

FSU has done a good job of this over the past 3-4 years.

u gotta be kidding me, that is a terrible idea, offer a kid to keep the high school coaches happy? and then what happens when he gets to school and isn't a good enough player...u dont offer a kid just b/c he wants to go to miami, I kno this may be a shock but not every kid who wants to be a cane should be

Advertisement
I agree that this staff needs to send offers out earlier. Like it or not, these kids pay attention heavily to who offered when and it does play into their decision a lot of times. For example, if Miami offered a kid like Quincy Wilson right now, it's already too late.

The difference is that they can afford to pull back the offer or hesitate when the kid tries to commit than we can. If we do it, the whole city of HS prima donnas paints AG as some Miami hater. FSU can get away with upsetting one or two HS coaches.

I think that if we offer this kid in the fall he's as good as ours. He'd drop Loserville as fast as Jimi Hendrix dropped acid.

I hope the staff knows what they're doing.

Hurt us with Moore last year. Looks like if we want Wilson it'll be too late. Don't know how long these kids are willing to wait.

To me the staff hs to study and find the right guys to offer especially when the summer camps are the biggest camps so if they offer guys like crazy but later like other guys more they will be mad and some recruit will get dogged out in the end. Let the staff do their job and the recruits who are smart dont just look at when they offer but hows the relationship/ communication been i mean Quincy has 37 offers i guarantee that maybe half of those schools are really coming at him hard and the others are are chilling for the most part. UM who hasnt offered is still keeping in contact with him hard but being careful on all the offers they send to the players so lets just chill and if he or any recruit looks at it like that instead of the best school for him then kick rocks

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope the staff knows what they're doing.

Hurt us with Moore last year. Looks like if we want Wilson it'll be too late. Don't know how long these kids are willing to wait.
The last 2 recruiting classes shows they know what they're doing **** just last month we were praising the staff after some punk recruits trolled them so come on now lets now have amnesia that fast

The difference is that they can afford to pull back the offer or hesitate when the kid tries to commit than we can. If we do it, the whole city of HS prima donnas paints AG as some Miami hater. FSU can get away with upsetting one or two HS coaches.

I agree with this. FSU offers everyone under the sun in SoFla early, takes a few commitments and then drops them later if they don't pan out.

We can't do that. And we have been early on plenty of kids we really like.

I also have a hard time believing no one on this staff knows who this kid is. And why do people keep bringing up Wilson?

I agree with this. FSU offers everyone under the sun in SoFla early, takes a few commitments and then drops them later if they don't pan out.

We can't do that. And we have been early on plenty of kids we really like.

I also have a hard time believing no one on this staff knows who this kid is. And why do people keep bringing up Wilson?

Exactly look at UF, FSU and USC just off the top of my head they took schollies from a number of guys because they regretted offering some of them so early but UM will do their due dilligence and not use too many offers then they want by the end of the summer it will be set

Advertisement
Miami puts a big emphasis on offers during their summer camp...if you aren't an obvious 4-5 star stud, they will typically hold off on an offer until they see you in camp.

Sometimes, it will bite them in the ***...it did last year with Rashard Robinson. It is likely they will regret it with more players in the future.

Nature of the beast...but we knew how important it was in their first full class when they offered a ton of players from that camp. If you are going to do that, I think they need to focus more and have better early evaluations...can't leave a ton of these kids hanging for 8 months before they see them in camp, by the summer before their senior year, a ton of kids already have a Top 5 formed in their minds.

Miami puts a big emphasis on offers during their summer camp...if you aren't an obvious 4-5 star stud, they will typically hold off on an offer until they see you in camp.

Sometimes, it will bite them in the ***...it did last year with Rashard Robinson. It is likely they will regret it with more players in the future.

Nature of the beast...but we knew how important it was in their first full class when they offered a ton of players from that camp. If you are going to do that, I think they need to focus more and have better early evaluations...can't leave a ton of these kids hanging for 8 months before they see them in camp, by the summer before their senior year, a ton of kids already have a Top 5 formed in their minds.

Rashard i believe went to the same school as Pat Peterson and LSU is known as "DB U" right now so it was a fight to beat LSU no matter what so i wont blame them there. To me the key is how much does the staff talk to the recruits even before they offer because if the contact is still frequent it shouldnt matter because you are still a priority but they just want to see you at the camps more but that also builds relationships, chemistry and repore with the coaches and players so why is that so bad for recruits smh

If we pulled the same crap that FSU consistently does with accepting commitments early and then dropping them late we would get eviscerated. For whatever reason, an FSU offer is seen as a privilege and a Miami offer is seen as a birthright down here. Better lose 1 or 2 kids than to **** off the entire city.

As it is, we tried to handle the Kirkland thing on the up and up (ran out of spots, gave him a chance to have his spot as long as he told us he wanted in...yada yada yada) and STILL got dragged through the mud. When you spend your whole time pandering you end up just as ineffective as the federal government. You think Nick Saban or Urban Meyer is afraid of ****ing off a kid because he didn't offer as early as the kid would like?

When we start winning alot more games on the reg, this **** won't matter.

This business about offering kids earlier and earlier is getting out of hand. I'd rather the staff do what they think is right. They don't have the luxury of decommiting from a kid like the kid has with them.

But when the local school isn't under investigation anymore and has become a powerhouse again, it won't be as important to have been the 1st offer or whatever. Even though there will still be plenty of kids, like Lammons, who we were on way before anyone else.

Advertisement
Back