michael johnson louisville commit

jruiz

Ham Porter
just got offered by L$U, probably won't be committed to loserville much longer, any insider's opinion on this kid, I've been wanting him to get offered for a while now given our lack of depth at safety, kid is big and i think has all the physical tools. Pete or Tito or Nash, any opinions?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/westvirginia/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Johnson-140676

Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVjqrpgUu1M

oh and for a while he had been saying he really wanted to be a cane if offered, hope that still holds true:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB8dB1nz5vE

Advertisement
Hope he's not this year's Rashard Robinson

eh i don't think so, first of all rashard never showed that much love for the U, secondly Blanche Ely has been sending their top kids to LSU for a lil while now, plus he's like best friends with Avery Johnson...what I do hope is that we don't end up wanting him too late

Advertisement
Agree with Jruiz. If this is another Gerald Holliman debacle I will go crazy. Don't wait until the kid starts feeling "disrespected" before you offer him. If he goes to camps and proves himself then pull the trigger. We need at least one safety in this class and this kid looks the part.

It couldn't be possible that the big board is so full that they overlook kids like this every now and then.

Could it?

I really wish they would offer this kid... His tape looks way better than the Jersey Safety (Hester), being that he's local and wants to be a cane, his commitment would probably be solid. This has Rashard Robinson written all over it... Slow play a kid, other schools sweep in and get a commit, then we're left playing catch up with a kid an hour away from campus..

Advertisement
Seriously, who are we recruiting at safety?

Are looking at anybody at safety? I asked this before and couldn't get a straight answer.

I really wish they would offer this kid... His tape looks way better than the Jersey Safety (Hester), being that he's local and wants to be a cane, his commitment would probably be solid. This has Rashard Robinson written all over it... Slow play a kid, other schools sweep in and get a commit, then we're left playing catch up with a kid an hour away from campus..

There had better be other issues with this kid. We dont have time to be fooling around with slowplaying prospects at safety where we return literally 3 schollie kids for 2014, with Lockley being projected as the 4th kid. With offers from LSU, Nebraska, WVU, and Lville, he isnt exactly a sleeper, plan C kid that we can slow play.

Seriously, who are we recruiting at safety?

Are looking at anybody at safety? I asked this before and couldn't get a straight answer.

I don't really know, it's a down year for safeties in sofl, And besides that Hester kid from jersey not really sure what studs we've offered that we have a realistic shot at, that's why I'm sayin, sign this **** up before its too late

Advertisement
Cristobal and McDonald only two on staff who knew who the kid is and now both are gone. Cristobal is in contact weekly and should be offering in the near future. I don't get it cause all the kid ever talk about is UM in interviews. Johnson who is a youth legend knows all the kids and can really recruit other south Florida kids to stay home. Hopefully his offer will come soon but if not it won't be a problem he'll be able to continue his education/football career somewhere.

Kiy Hester and DeAndre Scott (Philly) are two Safeties that were offered early. Both big time playmakers.

Advertisement
I am on the side with offering this kid, I think his potential is through the roof. There is the obvious fact that he wants to play for Miami so I don't see a reason we don't offer.

He wants to be a Cane offer him. Need to start offering these kids who don't want to play games and get them early so they can help recruit.

I think he will definitely be evaluated this year...No reason to rush the offer...let his senior season speak for itself

its not like we are not actively recruiting the kid...just take your time and see what prospects emerge...

We can't just give a kid a scholly cuz he "wants to be a cane" there has to be a full evaluation

Last edited:
I think he will definitely be evaluated this year...No reason to rush the offer...let his senior season speak for itself

its not like we are not actively recruiting the kid...just take your time and see what prospects emerge...

We can't just give a kid a scholly cuz he "wants to be a cane" there has to be a full evaluation

This kind of thinking only works with players who your aren't sure of talent-wise, character-wise, or both! If this young man has the grades and character then he needs to get an offer asap cause the talent is clearly there.

I've followed recruiting since the coker years and it seems like early contact and early offers mean more to players now then ever. We need to be the first to offer studs in our own backyard. I'd rather have this kid on board now then to have to chase him come November. For as many times as a player like Rashard Robinson drove himself down to Coral Gables, and then went on to sign with the first big time college to contact and offer him, shows you that you can't ignore what it means to these guys.

Coley even mentioned the importance of being first to find a player and offer them. IT MATTERS!

Advertisement
Back