Michael Irvin Transferring

Everything you say may be true.

But we still are struggling to keep 85 recruited scholarship players. We were still down to 1 TE last year after injuries. We still struggle to line up 2 deep for practices.

We need to keep guys, we need to develop guys, and we need to stop analyzing every kid's impact by some "game-changer" standard.

Just my opinion. I realize that Irvin leaving is not going to make or break the program, but these ongoing losses are having a cumulative effect.
we redshirted a lot to help the roster. at this point we have 4 TEs theres no way 6 were going to stay hence Polandey n Irvin jr gone.

Advertisement
we redshirted a lot to help the roster. at this point we have 4 TEs theres no way 6 were going to stay hence Polandey n Irvin jr gone.

Again...

Last year we had 1 available TE.

We picked up 1, we lost 2.

How does this make sense? It's not just the games, it's also about having enough bodies to practice, so that the same 2 guys don't have to play 100% of every snap at every practice.

The fewer players you have, the more reps you give them, the greater likelihood of injury or wearing down late in the season.

Has nothing to do with whether we will have "six starter-caliber guys".

Hey, why don't we just get down to 44 players, right? That's all we really need, right?

Again...

How does this make sense? It's not just the games, it's also about having enough bodies to practice, so that the same 2 guys don't have to play 100% of every snap at every practice.

The fewer players you have, the more reps you give them, the greater likelihood of injury or wearing down late in the season.

Hey, why don't we just get down to 44 players, right? That's all we really need, right?

Yea i think they should fight to keep him...Unless their is an elgible walk on i still think were 1 short at TE. Especially considering last year we were stuck at the te spot like u said due to injuries at times.

You truly don't know how colleges schedule courses, nor how UM schedules classes (classes don't run "from 9-8 M-F"). Or even when football practice takes place. Or when students register for classes.

But, sure, you are some kind of genius because you figured out that UM doesn't schedule classes at 3 am.

You are suggesting that a major university with over 10,000 students should plan out, years in advance, the future course offerings based on (presumably) the majors of football players when they are freshmen, and then forecast the semesters in which they will be upperclassmen and will need to take required courses, and then figure out how to schedule those courses so as not to interfere with a football practice schedule that has not yet been set?

Yeah, that should work out.

Good lord, Manny just changed the spring practice schedule because King's father died. What should UM do now to adjust all of the Spring 2020 class schedules accordingly?

Actually, I do know how students register for classes. I have done it 8 times. They open up at a set time, Seniors go first and freshman go last. I am not sure if they do, but Football players should be placed a head of the line. If a class has a max capacity of 20 people and Jaquan needs to take it, the teacher could figure out a way to deal with 21 for a semester unless it is some extreme circumstance.

Never said I was a genius, just a better critical thinker and problem solver, than you. Otherwise, I am sure you would have a job that doesn't pay peanuts.

They don't have to forecast anything, all they have to do is say "hey you know how we can't schedule classes from 10PM-7AM(or whenever they run now), well you also can't schedule mandatory classes during this 4 hour time slot, since football practice takes place then."

If you can't see the difference between these 2 situations, you are even more lost than I thought.

Advertisement
Again...

It makes zero sense and especially when one dude is in a boot 5 years after his injury. We've seen this play out before with UM secret's when it comes to injuries.

It's also not like were sitting with a **** ton of depth at WR to cover up issues. We have 8 WR unless you want Few out there. Dudes already *****ing about Rogaine being out there at LB. Let the LB core that is made of glass get hurt and see that dude for real.

Actually, I do know how students register for classes. I have done it 8 times. They open up at a set time, Seniors go first and freshman go last. I am not sure if they do, but Football players should be placed a head of the line. If a class has a max capacity of 20 people and Jaquan needs to take it, the teacher could figure out a way to deal with 21 for a semester unless it is some extreme circumstance.

Never said I was a genius, just a better critical thinker and problem solver, than you. Otherwise, I am sure you would have a job that doesn't pay peanuts.

They don't have to forecast anything, all they have to do is say "hey you know how we can't schedule classes from 10PM-7AM(or whenever they run now), well you also can't schedule mandatory classes during this 4 hour time slot, since football practice takes place then."

If you can't see the difference between these 2 situations, you are even more lost than I thought.

You are just doubling down on your buffoonery. Fortunately for you, half the board has you on Ignore, so there are fewer people to mock your silly posts.

Nobody said anything about "how" students register for classes. And thanks for saving us the tutorial on how to use a Windows-based computer to select your courses.

I mentioned WHEN the University develops its class schedule, WHEN the football coach sets his practice schedule, and WHEN the students register for classes. The mere fact that you didn't know that the athletes ALWAYS get to register first just shows how little you know.

The simple answer is that it is far FAR easier for Manny to adjust his 15 spring practices around class schedules instead of the University basing its entire course scheduling process around a few football players.

Also, I'm not sure what "mandatory classes" you are talking about. All classes have mandatory attendance. Maybe some professors don't take roll or don't grade down for absences, but all of the football players are supposed to go to all of their classes. I used to tutor for the Athletic Department, and I guarantee you that players can be suspended for missing multiple classes. In addition to the tutors, UM employed multiple individuals to monitor classroom attendance when Dr. Anna Price was there.

So what you are actually proposing is that UM just shut down all course offerings for half of every day in the springtime, just so that 85 players can attend 15 practices.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Ever. Regardless of "planning".

Course offerings are set far in advance. Staffing of professors is set far in advance. Athletes have the chance to register first. There are THOUSANDS of courses offered, and as you get to upper level courses, there are fewer options of time/date possibilities. We're not talking about freshman English here, we are talking about very subject-specific courses that might only be offered once per semester and taught by only one professor.

The U stands for University. No university is going to create its entire course schedule to work around a few dozen athletes for a few dozen practice days/times.

Feel free to cite ANY university in the country that does this, that is, scheduling all of its course offerings around football spring practice dates. When you do that, you can start complaining about UM's "poor planning".

I'm not so sure these kids are going to find new schools so easily. Reed obviously didn't. Jarren hasn't yet (although he's had more than just talent concerns). Patchan hasn't landed anywhere yet either. Irvin is going to have to go down below the Power 5 level and possibly far below that level to find a spot. Schools don't seem willing to take transfers unless they're impact guys. If you're Michael Irvin's son, and if we're being honest, you don't appear to have an NFL future, why not finish at Miami? I'm sure he has his reasons, and far be it from me to insert my own, it's puzzling to me.
Exactly. Most of these guys leave and wind up in portal limbo forever. If this dude Irving wants to get picked up he’ll likely have to go fcs or a place like Akron.

You are just doubling down on your buffoonery. Fortunately for you, half the board has you on Ignore, so there are fewer people to mock your silly posts.

Nobody said anything about "how" students register for classes. And thanks for saving us the tutorial on how to use a Windows-based computer to select your courses.

I mentioned WHEN the University develops its class schedule, WHEN the football coach sets his practice schedule, and WHEN the students register for classes. The mere fact that you didn't know that the athletes ALWAYS get to register first just shows how little you know.

The simple answer is that it is far FAR easier for Manny to adjust his 15 spring practices around class schedules instead of the University basing its entire course scheduling process around a few football players.

Also, I'm not sure what "mandatory classes" you are talking about. All classes have mandatory attendance. Maybe some professors don't take roll or don't grade down for absences, but all of the football players are supposed to go to all of their classes. I used to tutor for the Athletic Department, and I guarantee you that players can be suspended for missing multiple classes. In addition to the tutors, UM employed multiple individuals to monitor classroom attendance when Dr. Anna Price was there.

So what you are actually proposing is that UM just shut down all course offerings for half of every day in the springtime, just so that 85 players can attend 15 practices.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Ever. Regardless of "planning".

Course offerings are set far in advance. Staffing of professors is set far in advance. Athletes have the chance to register first. There are THOUSANDS of courses offered, and as you get to upper level courses, there are fewer options of time/date possibilities. We're not talking about freshman English here, we are talking about very subject-specific courses that might only be offered once per semester and taught by only one professor.

The U stands for University. No university is going to create its entire course schedule to work around a few dozen athletes for a few dozen practice days/times.

Feel free to cite ANY university in the country that does this, that is, scheduling all of its course offerings around football spring practice dates. When you do that, you can start complaining about UM's "poor planning".

LMFAO why would I care if CIS posters "mock my posts". You are the one that gets mocked in real life, by the people that are actually successful. They look at you as a little peon.

I told you exactly when the students register. In grade order. I was not sure if the football players registered first, that doesn't make my point any less valid.

Did you not read the original post I responded too? Or did you just fly in trying to attack me because you are jealous I am more successful than you?
The poster stated that Jaquan missed those practices because he was taking a "required class". This would mean there was a class he needed to graduate.

How foolish can you be? You don't need to create the entire schedule around 85 kids. There are only a handful of classes that are required to graduate and only have 1 time slot available. Just don't schedule them during practice time. It is incredibly easy, only a complete fool would think this was a difficult thing to accomplish.

How about you send me an article talking about how a Bama or Clemson star player, missed half the practices senior year, because he was in a class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again...

I could have sworn we had Polandey when mike n brevin got hurt. There is also 5 TEs on the roster right now. it hurts over all numbers yes, but we'll be ok at TE

LMFAO why would I care if CIS posters "mock my posts". You are the one that gets mocked in real life, by the people that are actually successful. They look at you as a little peon.

I told you exactly when the students register. In grade order. I was not sure if the football players registered first, that doesn't make my point any less valid.

Did you not read the original post I responded too? Or did you just fly in trying to attack me because you are jealous I am more successful than you?
The poster stated that Jaquan missed those practices because he was taking a "required class". This would mean there was a class he needed to graduate.

How foolish can you be? You don't need to create the entire schedule around 85 kids. There are only a handful of classes that are required to graduate and only have 1 time slot available. Just don't schedule them during practice time. It is incredibly easy, only a complete fool would think this was a difficult thing to accomplish.

How about you send me an article talking about how a Bama or Clemson star player, missed half the practices senior year, because he was in a class.

Keep up your silly arguments. Double down on them.

"There are only a handful of classes that are required to graduate and only have 1 time slot available"? Did you even go to college? Everything depends on the college/school and the major. I took plenty of classes at UM that were only offered once per semester or once per year. Did you even go to UM? You have NO IDEA what Jaquan's class is, when it is offered, how many times it is offered. Nothing. You have no information, no knowledge, yet you are criticizing UM for "poor planning".

What a dopey argument.

And now you try to flip the argument around on me. I asked you to produce ANY evidence that ANY university has EVER set its course schedule to accommodate football spring practice, and now you create a false equivalency by asking me whether Clemson/Bama senior players have ever missed HALF of the practices due to coursework. You're desperate. You've been exposed. You are clawing for any life preserver while you drown in an argument that is way over your head.

Jaquan isn't missing half of spring practice. Maybe he's missed one out of two so far. As per usual, you use statistics in a ridiculous manner. Not to mention your ongoing reliance on name-calling and class warfare. Just like your fact-free claims on this thread, you falsely claim to know anything about me or my job or my salary, and you continue to act as if you are better than everyone else and above everyone else.

Now run along and figure out some other way to blame UM for Jaquan missing practice. You haven't produced, AND YOU WILL NEVER PRODUCE, any evidence that any university has EVER set its entire course scheduling to accommodate football spring practice.

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

That won't stop you from blaming UM. But hopefully it will prevent anyone else from falling for your ridiculous claims that UM is guilty of "poor planning" because one football player misses a couple of spring practices for his required coursework.

Keep up your silly arguments. Double down on them.

"There are only a handful of classes that are required to graduate and only have 1 time slot available"? Did you even go to college? Everything depends on the college/school and the major. I took plenty of classes at UM that were only offered once per semester or once per year. Did you even go to UM? You have NO IDEA what Jaquan's class is, when it is offered, how many times it is offered. Nothing. You have no information, no knowledge, yet you are criticizing UM for "poor planning".

What a dopey argument.

And now you try to flip the argument around on me. I asked you to produce ANY evidence that ANY university has EVER set its course schedule to accommodate football spring practice, and now you create a false equivalency by asking me whether Clemson/Bama senior players have ever missed HALF of the practices due to coursework. You're desperate. You've been exposed. You are clawing for any life preserver while you drown in an argument that is way over your head.

Jaquan isn't missing half of spring practice. Maybe he's missed one out of two so far. As per usual, you use statistics in a ridiculous manner. Not to mention your ongoing reliance on name-calling and class warfare. Just like your fact-free claims on this thread, you falsely claim to know anything about me or my job or my salary, and you continue to act as if you are better than everyone else and above everyone else.

Now run along and figure out some other way to blame UM for Jaquan missing practice. You haven't produced, AND YOU WILL NEVER PRODUCE, any evidence that any university has EVER set its entire course scheduling to accommodate football spring practice.

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

That won't stop you from blaming UM. But hopefully it will prevent anyone else from falling for your ridiculous claims that UM is guilty of "poor planning" because one football player misses a couple of spring practices for his required coursework.
Keep pounding this ignorant fool into submission...

Advertisement
Way back when, for a BBA you had to take Strategic Management the last term before graduation. Derrick Harris was in my class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. He attended a few but was allowed to do the work without taking the class.

Way back when, for a BBA you had to take Strategic Management the last term before graduation. Derrick Harris was in my class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. He attended a few but was allowed to do the work without taking the class.

Yeah, that class is sometimes referred to as a "capstone" class, you are supposed to take it in your final semester, which could be fall, spring, or summer, depending on when you graduate. There are also many "required" courses for any School of Business major, some are offered more frequently (sophomore level accounting) and some less frequently (the upper level statistics class is one that I remember). Finally, there are "required" courses in each major, and the 300/400 level classes are usually offered once/twice per semester or year. You had to look at both the current semester course offerings as well as the Business School's "tentative" schedule of when certain classes would be offered in the future.

Clearly, this so-called Gator Hater porster has no idea what Jaquan is "required" to do, whether the class is "required", or whether ATTENDANCE is "required". As I mentioned, football players are supposed to go to all of their classes all of the time, and there are ways to monitor attendance. This is probably just a class that he needs to take that is only offered once a semester or once a year. The capstone management course is usually offered multiple times per semester, I remember there were M-W-F options and T-Th options, and there always seemed to be one M-W night class too.

Gator Hater is making a big deal out of nothing. There are plenty of valid situations where UM is to blame, but this is not one of them.

I blame UM (and/or Blake) when it is accurate to do so, and I defend UM when the criticism is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Yeah, that class is sometimes referred to as a "capstone" class, you are supposed to take it in your final semester, which could be fall, spring, or summer, depending on when you graduate. There are also many "required" courses for any School of Business major, some are offered more frequently (sophomore level accounting) and some less frequently (the upper level statistics class is one that I remember). Finally, there are "required" courses in each major, and the 300/400 level classes are usually offered once/twice per semester or year. You had to look at both the current semester course offerings as well as the Business School's "tentative" schedule of when certain classes would be offered in the future.

Clearly, this so-called Gator Hater porster has no idea what Jaquan is "required" to do, whether the class is "required", or whether ATTENDANCE is "required". As I mentioned, football players are supposed to go to all of their classes all of the time, and there are ways to monitor attendance. This is probably just a class that he needs to take that is only offered once a semester or once a year. The capstone management course is usually offered multiple times per semester, I remember there were M-W-F options and T-Th options, and there always seemed to be one M-W night class too.

Gator Hater is making a big deal out of nothing. There are plenty of valid situations where UM is to blame, but this is not one of them.

I blame UM (and/or Blake) when it is accurate to do so, and I defend UM when the criticism is ridiculous.
I'm glad someone else can see the facade of Original Gator Lover... His fake Canes fan persona has come to light.

Regardless of wherever he goes, 10 years down the road, you know he's rooting for the Canes.

Again...

It’s guys like this that are unsong hero’s of programs. Keep him play him on special teams and for depth. Every year we are getting caught with depth issues !

Advertisement
Back