Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

Advertisement
He was. Here's the problem:

We knock Rumph/Banda for the players they've sent to the league so far - Carter, Jenkins, Colbert (who looks like he's going to be a starter this upcoming season).

Yet, we don't knock Tucker at all for the blatant blemishes on his resume - turned a dominant Chicago Bears defense into swiss cheese.

Being green is one thing. But it looks like Banda/Rumph are developing kids which wasn't done with the previous staff.

I work in the IT field. I'm fully aware they're different, but I've seen guys in the field for 2-3 years that lap guys that have been in the field for over 10 years. Tenure in one's field doesn't measure effectiveness. It's a short-sighted and foolish way to measure one's acumen in any profession solely off tenure.

Again, are Rumph/Banda free of any criticism as it relates to recruiting? No. But to completely dismiss that incentives are not in play is probably the most pathetically naive BS I've seen on this forum.
The logic hurts

The constant sh*ttin on the Defensive staff never stops lol.

Well unforunately for some of yall, there isn't going to be a total revamping of the staff, you guys think all these veteran big name Defensive coaches will be hired to replace Diaz, Rumph or Banda are going to be sadly mistaken.

There's a reason why Richt decided to hire mostly inexperienced coaches for his tenure at Miami, he doesn't get along with hot shot coaches at all & after Pruitt completely underminded his authority at UGA he wanted more autonomy with his staff here.

So for anybody that wants to keep pushing the anti-Defense agenda, go ahead... But be careful what you wish for.

The constant sh*ttin on the Defensive staff never stops lol.

Well unforunately for some of yall, there isn't going to be a total revamping of the staff, you guys think all these veteran big name Defensive coaches will be hired to replace Diaz, Rumph or Banda are going to be sadly mistaken.

There's a reason why Richt decided to hire mostly inexperienced coaches for his tenure at Miami, he doesn't get along with hot shot coaches at all & after Pruitt completely underminded his authority at UGA he wanted more autonomy with his staff here.

So for anybody that wants to keep pushing the anti-Defense agenda, go ahead... But be careful what you wish for.

They did need one Sofla act though, imo...He thought it was going to be Rumph/hasn't worked out that way. Find the next E.Gran/T-Rob etc...Or someone with that potential and hire him instead of Patke. I don't think EVERY level has to be so inexperienced. There is a happy medium between what you are saying, and what others are complaining about and obv recruiting help is needed.

I said it a billions times on CIS, our defensive staff is riddled with JAG coaches. The new LB coach got his first position coaching job at UM and you wonder why elite defensive recruits leave town

Advertisement
B I N G O

giphy.gif

I said it a billions times on CIS, our defensive staff is riddled with JAG coaches. The new LB coach got his first position coaching job at UM and you wonder why elite defensive recruits leave town

There's a reason you have so many downvotes. You're a delusional hater who somehow doesn't think anyone gets bought.

I'm sure you know the truth, but you just get off on **** talking the staff.

Georgia's top recruiters last year were Kevin Sherrerr and Dell McGee. They had a whole 1 year of prior experience. Any explanation for that?

There's a reason you have so many downvotes. You're a delusional hater who somehow doesn't think anyone gets bought.

Georgia's top recruiters last year were Kevin Sherrerr and Dell McGee. They had a whole 1 year of prior experience. Any explanation for that?
Dell mcgee was at uga ******* Georgia southern and is pulling elite recruits at running back also was integral in getting fields. You mean to tell me he can just out right recruit over elite rb coaches all of a sudden? You can’t tell me it isn’t bags

Last edited:

Are you sure Franklin wasn’t their best recruiter?

Advertisement
At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.

We're half way through Richts third recruiting cycle here.
Richt will have been HC for next year's class (2020) entire high school career.
I expect to see better results.

Yep. Kirby signed the #3 ranked class after going 8-5 in year 1, and they had zero players drafted that year. I'd love to see the bag deniers explain that one

Exactly. It is TBD to see if Kirby and crew can actually coach at a high level. Watch the groupies come running back from UGA if they don't win the SEC. Everyone keeps ragging on the defensive staff but the Defense might be better than the offense this year. It doesn't matter who you get if you can't coach them up! Would you rather have Gary Patterson who can coach his team or Tom Herman who can just assemble a team???

As stated, anyone who was sold on our staff in 2016 is bull chitting. The only ones we were sold on were Brown and Kul, and that was based upon their resumes.

Hartley has been a SUPER pleasant surprise, but let's not act like cats weren't clowning him day one, even comparing his photo to Mr. Burns.

We yelled and screamed when FSU Dugans came on board, and now I wouldn't trade that dude for nobody.

We were screaming and scratching when we hired Diaz, pointing to his time at Texas. We wanted Aranda.

Rumph?? The guy who dissed his alma mater to his kids at AH now coming on board?? We wanted Corey Raymond

Banda?? What the F was a Banda?? But some did give him a pass b/c of his wife, so we figured if he could recruit her, certainly he can recruit kids! Lol.

Let's not re-write history b/c we've had some success. The fact is our team has been trash for 10+ years. The stench of Shapiro still roamed. The stench of Golden is still prevalent to a certain degree....and we had green recruiters with unproven backgrounds.

Winning cures a lot and changes perceptions, but I know fa sho not only have bags played apart, but we have been negatively recruited against b/c of our staff. How do I know, you ask? B/c my boy's little relative just committed to play at Oregon, and he was teammates w/ Jaiden Woodbey.

We win, we send Mike Jackson to the 1st round, we have JJ drafted as an All American, and our DB perception will change drastically.
Stop with this rumph diss his alma mater shît. He said golden and his staff wasn't coming around. Thats not a diss. That's facts. The players see the staff not coming by the school.

There were a ton of fans, recruits, former players and other high school coaches publicly talking shît about golden and his staff.

**** fans was flying banners at home and away games. So lets not act like rumph words carried so much weight.

They did need one Sofla act though, imo...He thought it was going to be Rumph/hasn't worked out that way. Find the next E.Gran/T-Rob etc...Or someone with that potential and hire him instead of Patke. I don't think EVERY level has to be so inexperienced. There is a happy medium between what you are saying, and what others are complaining about and obv recruiting help is needed.
who said he thought rumph was going to be this big south florida recruiter? Rumph aint plugged in like that.

Advertisement

You truly believe I give a fuq about a downvote? Defensive recruiting is lacking due to their non-existent body of work. Offensive seems to be churning just fine and I wonder why

Last edited:
Some things in recruiting are just out of your control. Pat Surtain Jr's family is from Louisiana he grew up an LSU fan. LSU has the number 1 or number 2 DB coach in the country. His dad goes on an "interview" with Alabama and he signs there. Funny thing is we have not heard his dad "interview" for any other jobs. Plenty of talent let's coach these boys up. I read where Pinckney was a three star he might be my favorite player on the defense.

Of course our coaches are green, outside of Manny Diaz they all have very little experience coaching D-1. They have a long way to go to an elite level but they’ve done well up to now as far as evals. How many JAGs have we recruited on D, really? Tyreic Martin, Jeff James, Jhavonte Dean?

Banda has done a decent job recruiting and developing but yeah compared to Kirby, he’s a little boy. I think he’s and up and comer, and he’s a good fit for the canes

Rumph has done a horrible job recruiting his old school and getting big name corners. He made bad evals on Dee Delaney and Jhavonte Dean (maybe he can coach him up tho). DJ Ivey and Gilbert Frierson might turn out to be a great get and we all love Trajan Bandy. However despite whiffing on a lot of prospects and settling for guys like Nigel Bethel, he has done a helluva job coaching. Mike Jackson, Corn, Malek Young, Colbert turned into great canes.

Jury’s out on Jess Simpson but it’s hard to call that a bad hire.

Patke... i don’t get it. Hes probably a great yes-man to Manny, or maybe he’s secretly a good recruiter. We could have hired anyone but instead went with the guy with no south Florida ties, no experience, no signature recruit. Not a fan.

The next step they have to take soon is landing the blue chips

Advertisement
Yall act like our staff is full of solidified dudes. LOL

Our staff is full of green a$$ coaches.
It is NOT crazy to believe that they occasionally get their a$$ handed to them on the recruiting trail. (without bags)

None...and I mean none of them...have a solid reputation or resume for developing players and/or recruiting.
Miss me with the Rumph talk, he ain't been in the game long enough.
Banda? Fvck no.
Simpson? Just came off the high school field.
Diaz? Nope. Although he seems very likeable. Probably a decent recruiter. Inventing the chain helps.

Look at that defensive staff! LMAO
You MF's really think that staff is hard to recruit against without bags?
Who the **** are these guys? Like really, look at the big picture. In the football world, who the **** are these coaches? Not a single one of them hold any clout in the coaching world. Other than Diaz, all of them are peons in the coaching world, and even Diaz is not a hot name.

I like them. But I'm a Miami fan.
We're not recruiting Miami fans.
I'm speaking on an outsider's perspective.

Winning would counteract this issue.
OUTSIDE of Díaz the entire Def staff is green as ****.

It's a combination of coaching and recruiting ability and $. The more highly regarded you are as a position coach it helps. Your people skills helps as a recruiter. The promise of $$ before, during and after college is the icing on top. Where sports and $$$$$$$$ are involved, Good Ol Boys have never in US history followed rules or played fair in perspective of life. They have been manipulating black boys since forever.

Advertisement
Back