Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

In what world are we not recruiting well on D? Our defensive haul last year was down right scary lol...Frierson, Ivey, Blades, Hall, Nesta, Rosseau, Joyner...That’s about as good as it gets...Then sprinkle in two monster upside guys in Miller & Bethel..Couldn’t ask for much more.

Advertisement
I was never impressed with Mark’s assistants from the beginning but that does not mean that low life HS coaches and kids are not getting bags. Note that it doesn’t matter what assistants Saban has, he still gets the recruits. Why? Because car dealerships matter more. I wonder what players parking lot at uga looks like this year?

I was never impressed with Mark’s assistants from the beginning but that does not mean that low life HS coaches and kids are not getting bags. Note that it doesn’t matter what assistants Saban has, he still gets the recruits. Why? Because car dealerships matter more. I wonder what players parking lot at uga looks like this year?

Saban is recruiting with FORMER MIAMI assistants on his staff. Kool is there now and at miami he was a useless ******* recruiter, but bet it wont be an issue at bama. part of it is the lack of winning and the other part is the bag man is real along with kids wanting to get away. i hate the slow play bull**** bc everyone else does the same exact **** but it never hurts them like it does miami. to me thats an excuse for these kids to bail on their hometown without catching heat

Saban is recruiting with FORMER MIAMI assistants on his staff. Kool is there now and at miami he was a useless ******* recruiter, but bet it wont be an issue at bama. part of it is the lack of winning and the other part is the bag man is real along with kids wanting to get away. i hate the slow play bull**** bc everyone else does the same exact **** but it never hurts them like it does miami. to me thats an excuse for these kids to bail on their hometown without catching heat

I think we are in agreement. Bags are real and Saban is good enough coach for that to be enough.

Advertisement
When you have a kid like Tyson last year who looked up to Rumph like a father figure, Rumph is the one who changed him to CB, Rumph coached him to be one of the top 2 CB in the nation, and yet we never even had a shot. That lets me know there is more than just someone having a better slick talk.

Most schools have a car dealership connect. That isn't what we are losing recruits to different schools

Also Saban has the resources and the pull to hire proven and established coaches/recruiters to replace the ones that move on. The man had USC former head coach on his non-field activities support staff.

Advertisement
Have people forgotten how low this program had fallen?

It's not going to be a smooth and quick ride back to the top.

Guys are thinking after a decade long walk in the abyss. We're suddenly going to compete with teams that have been doing what we use to do, overnight?

These programs that we are trying to fight off for talent down here. Have a **** load of money to spend on staff, facility's and big time players.

Looking back at where we were and seeing how far we came in just 2 seasons. I'm hyped for some Cane football again. **** isn't perfect and it needs tweaked, but that's the struggle of climbing back to the top.

At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.

Appreciate your post, this is not the last three leading our program, our coaches have done a great job with developing our players, corm was not a 3 rounder with the last staff, the safeties were going no where, look what they did with Colbert and Jackson. I content burns would have been top 5 first rounders with their coaching and not getting draft based off measurables. We were a 55% passer away from the final four.

I quoted the fact since he said a freshman took us to the woodshed... Regardless, 4 true freshman went off in 2 quarters against a upper class defense with arguably the "best lb", Smith, in America. Gameplan on QB or not, same plays were called except this time bama had a qb that could hit his throws. They were torched.... could you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot? Fans wouldn't be making excuses for us like you have just now for uga. Yes, you are right about bama having a QB now... that's what I dont understand why everyone believes Clemson will be the national champion this year.

Best DL in the nation by far ..not even close. They run a scheme on offense that the qb dont havt have to be sh*t since most of their throws are bubble screens and 9 routes. They are a problem.

Bama offense is what it is...Never will be explosive with Saban there. The lil Samoan dude is solid but really getting overrated because the incumbundent starter is so bad.

How do coaches get the experience "necessary" to be a P5 college coach/recruiter? At the HS level? At a DII or DII school? As a grad asst? They all got to start somewhere and obviously work their way up through the ranks.

Perfect example is Richt himself. Started out as a QB coach. Then OC and on to HC.

Well they should of brought Rumph in as a GA. Banda should of stayed there as well if he wasnt up to par as yet . We have 3 guys on the defensive size that are GA level coaches honestly. They are learning and going to without a doubt get better though.Banda is a solid recruiter he has the want to. I truly do believe though that this last class that pairs with draft picks like Jackson, Jaquan will only help perspective on those 2 coaches.

Advertisement
When you have a kid like Tyson last year who looked up to Rumph like a father figure, Rumph is the one who changed him to CB, Rumph coached him to be one of the top 2 CB in the nation, and yet we never even had a shot. That lets me know there is more than just someone having a better slick talk.

They actually had a better slick talk. I dont think Campbell was bought at all.

But i think UGA is throwing around bags on certain kids.

Best DL in the nation by far ..not even close. They run a scheme on offense that the qb dont havt have to be sh*t since most of their throws are bubble screens and 9 routes. They are a problem.

Bama offense is what it is...Never will be explosive with Saban there. The lil Samoan dude is solid but really getting overrated because the incumbundent starter is so bad.
Be that as it may, you must admit that he was making some NFL throws esp the game winner... the way he moved his feet, looked the safety, set his feet, and rifled it in there. Now we dk if that was an exception or the norm, but we will soon find out! You're exactly right about clemson's offense and I can never admit they have the best dline in the nation lol, just from living up this way and hating their a$$

Be that as it may, you must admit that he was making some NFL throws esp the game winner... the way he moved his feet, looked the safety, set his feet, and rifled it in there. Now we dk if that was an exception or the norm, but we will soon find out! You're exactly right about clemson's offense and I can never admit they have the best dline in the nation lol, just from living up this way and hating their a$$

Clemson recruit DL like Colombians makes narcos. Every year...just watch their DL class...They have another crazy group coming from 2018 on the way of guys that dont even really need a shirt...but they may be able to shirt them.

2018. DE- Got the top de at se Xavier Thomas, Got the top at We in KJ Henry, also got a 3rd 4 star DE
DT- 4star Josh Belk 6'3 310, and a 3 star 6'3 290 pounder

DE- 3 4STAR DE's. All 3 came in over 240pds.
DT- #1 DT in the Nation

Advertisement
Clemson recruit DL like Colombians makes narcos. Every year...just watch their DL class...They have another crazy group coming from 2018 on the way of guys that dont even really need a shirt...but they may be able to shirt them.

2018. DE- Got the top de at se Xavier Thomas, Got the top at We in KJ Henry, also got a 3rd 4 star DE
DT- 4star Josh Belk 6'3 310, and a 3 star 6'3 290 pounder

DE- 3 4STAR DE's. All 3 came in over 240pds.
DT- #1 DT in the Nation
Josh Bell transferred already but yeah clemson does recruit at an elite level on the dline

Also Saban has the resources and the pull to hire proven and established coaches/recruiters to replace the ones that move on. The man had USC former head coach on his non-field activities support staff.

Granted his interchangeable parts are top end but interchangeable nonetheless. He and that money are the constant.

Just read through all 13 pages and I must still be missing the point. Is it that bags are an empty excuse or that our coaches aren't as strong as we think?

Because it's completely possible for the bags excuse to be a legitimate thing AND our coaches not have the necessary track record. In fact, those things may often be linked.

I don't even understand the reasoning behind creating a thread like this; not to mention the timing.
Its like some agent provocateur type shizzle.

At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.

Ask yourself this - if we had the same bag game as UGA/Bama, where does our class rank each year?

The answer is top 5

Advertisement
Back