Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

Advertisement
Reaching like crazy.

And who the **** is Carter to these kids? They don't know that dude. LOL

Simpson coached ONE year with the Falcons as an ASSISTANT D-line coach.

The undrafted Carter who we played out of position at the FS spot....lol...gotta love it

There is without a doubt a concentrated effort by the bigger schools to keep Miami from becoming elite again....bags are in play big time.

With them being able to come in and take the truly elite guys away...they know this can keep Miami stagnant

Reputations can change very quickly.

Next year when joe Jackson and MJ get drafted round 1, Willis, Jaquan, and Pinckney go top 3 rounds, Djax and Redwine go late, that’s a **** of a defensive resume booster.

Reputations can change very quickly.

Next year when joe Jackson and MJ get drafted round 1, Willis, Jaquan, and Pinckney go top 3 rounds, Djax and Redwine go late, that’s a **** of a defensive resume booster.
You forgot Shaq, he may go before Mike P

Advertisement
yeah I agree we need to replace some of the ones who cant recruit for sure. We should have kept Coley on staff. I wanted Kiffen or Butch and still not sold on Richtz until he proves he can win the big games

At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.

Bag man is definitely at play and by in large, defensive players attract more bags.

That said, we are weak on the defensive side of the ball recruiting wise.

Yeah, Banda is pretty good and Simpson could be good. Prior to this year, our DB and DL coaches have been bad recruiters. Those position coaches in most big time programs are THE main recruiters on your team. They were our weakest. Also, Diaz leaves a lot to be desired as far as dictating defensive recruiting strategy. You add all that up - yeah, we'll struggle in recruiting defense.

There are plenty of examples of top players committing to young/inexperienced coaches.

It's really bizarre you think a coach needs at least 5 years of high level experience to recruit.
How do coaches get the experience "necessary" to be a P5 college coach/recruiter? At the HS level? At a DII or DII school? As a grad asst? They all got to start somewhere and obviously work their way up through the ranks.

Perfect example is Richt himself. Started out as a QB coach. Then OC and on to HC.

Advertisement
Just saying we had Kool on staff and he has a resume/experience in college that can fill up a resume...

But ole boy still couldnt get the job done and left to the land of the bags to make it easier on him...

Its a tough game out there do we have rockstars? No we dont have the funds but being in S.fla where WRs,RBs, and DBs grow like weeds should make it easier to make it a wash we should never hurt for those positions..... Its bad when you have to have punters start/play at WR for you

I don’t think the OP, nor anyone else is denying that the bag game is real. Everyone knows it’s real.
Some people just get tired of seeing that as an excuse literally every time we lose a kid. You must be one of those people that do that.

I'm not sure where at anytime have I said we lose every kid to bags, but thanks for trying to devalue my statement by trying to lump me into an irrational group while providing no real detailed opinion on the matter. You really spent a lot of time on that one. In that same post I was also explaining how the SEC is more organized and does a better job with it. Every recruitment is a case by case scenario. The uproar on the board the last few years has been over the schools like Alabama and Georgia coming in a taking players that Miami has very close personal relationships with (Rumph with Surtain/Campbell) and (Stevenson - consistently on campus)

Sure we get beat out for kids. However, the SEC schools also have inexperienced coaches as well. You tell me how they are talking these kids into leaving home and breaking these close personal relationships they have and coming to a School in BFE.

It gets easier to get kids to leave when you can show them you put the kids they looked up to in HS into the NFL for big time $$$$. You don't think Jeudy was worried about leaving after watching Amari Cooper/Ridley leave and be the #1 guy on a NC team and then get highly drafted? He already saw it.......

Advertisement
Bro the repeat this over and over...they have no idea that the HC of the Falcons was at UF when simpon was at Buford...simpson got that job bc of his relationship...not his coaching ability.

Hey it ain’t what you know it’s who you know
Happens in every profession it is...IJS....

Just read through all 13 pages and I must still be missing the point. Is it that bags are an empty excuse or that our coaches aren't as strong as we think?

Because it's completely possible for the bags excuse to be a legitimate thing AND our coaches not have the necessary track record. In fact, those things may often be linked.

Advertisement
We need about 2-3 big hires on the defensive side of the ball. At least get some hired guns for recruiting. Simpson is the unknown, but early on obvious signs are that he will not have the reputation of a recruiter.

I dont get what people think is wrong with this post. Alot of miami fans wanted butch hired so he can go into living rooms and say I put 37 players from on team into the NFL.
Macho is right about what hes saying but some kids r about bags too but he is right these guys r green

Advertisement
Back